Showing Collections: 41 - 60 of 172
Abstract Farmwomen's club organized in 1956.
Abstract Social club founded in 1923. Presentations were given on food preservation, nutrition, sewing, and tailoring.
Abstract A Washington, Iowa women's social club which was founded in 1934.
Abstract The club was organized in 1952 as a social and philanthropic forum for local women.
Abstract Social club organized in April 1935 by farm wives living southeast of Percival, Iowa.
Abstract The Commission addressed issues such as the Equal Rights Amendment (ERA), abortion reform, daycare, equal pay for equal work, and sex discrimination in employment, insurance, and education. At the end of 1970, the GCSW reported two major legislative accomplishments: the passage of no-fault divorce laws and the addition of sex to the Iowa Civil Rights Act of 1965.
Dates: 1964-2003; 1969-1976
Abstract Social club of Iowa County farmwomen that began as a Farm Bureau club but later dropped that affiliation.
Abstract Part of the statewide, grass roots effort to provide agricultural and homemaking science to Iowa farmers in the second decade of the twentieth century.
Abstract Social club organized in 1930 by rural women living near West Liberty, Iowa.
Abstract African American reading club formed in 1984 by University of Iowa graduate students.
Abstract Women's club sponsered by the Farm Bureau.
Collection — Folder: 1
Abstract Rural women participated in a great number and variety of clubs. This collection has short histories of a variety of clubs formed in Iowa in the first part of the 20th century.
Arrangement One folder, shelved in SCVF.
Arrangement One folder, shelved in SCVF.
Abstract Program on feminism discussed by this book club in Mount Vernon, Iowa.
Abstract Iowa City group promoting friendship and understanding among women from around the world and the United States of America.
Abstract The Iowa City Area Christian Women's Club holds Friendship Bible Coffees and monthly luncheons. The ICCW formed in 1967 as an offshoot of Stonecroft Ministries.
Abstract Iowa City publisher and printer of lesbian and feminist books that existed from 1973 to 1985.
Abstract IowaCASA's services included securing funding for Iowa's sexual assault centers, resource development, public education initiatives on child sexual abuse, anti-pornography work, and self-defense training. After 1997 IowaCasa expanded to include work on public policy.
Abstract The records include publications, legislative correspondence and the Write Women Back into History essays of middle and high school students in Iowa.
Abstract Professional women's basketball team that played in the Women's Basketball League from 1978-1980.
- University of Iowa 10
- General Federation of Women's Clubs 5
- Iowa Commission on the Status of Women 4
- Iowa Women's Political Caucus 3
- National Organization for Women. Iowa 3
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 2
- Emma Goldman Clinic 2
- Iowa Federation of Women's Clubs 2
- Iowa League for Nursing 2
- Iowa Nurses' Association 2
- League of Women Voters of Iowa 2
- National Abortion and Reproductive Rights Action League 2
- National Organization for Women. Johnson County-Iowa City Chapter 2
- National Women's Political Caucus (U.S.) 2
- State University of Iowa 2
- University of Iowa. College of Dentistry 2
- University of Iowa. Women's Resource and Action Center 2
- Afro-American Cultural Center (University of Iowa) 1
- Alan Guttmacher Institute 1
- American Association for Health, Physical Education, and Recreation 1
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education 1
- American Association of Dental Schools 1
- American Association of University Professors 1
- American Association of University Women 1
- American Business Women's Association. Grant Wood Chapter 1
- American Dental Association 1
- American Dental Hygienists' Association 1
- American Home Economics Association 1
- American Nurses Association 1
- Americans for Religious Liberty 1
- Anderson, Margaret, 1928- 1
- Anton, Judy 1
- Artists In Action (Muscatine, Iowa) 1
- Association for Intercollegiate Athletics for Women 1
- Athens History Circle (Iowa City, Iowa) 1
- Athletic and Recreation Federation of College Women 1
- Audubon Society of Manchester (Iowa) 1
- Benedict Home (Des Moines, Iowa) 1
- Bennett, Julia 1
- Best Ever Club (Percival, Iowa) 1
- Bixler, Genevieve Knight 1
- Black Hawk County Democratic Women's Organization (Iowa) 1
- Black Hawk County Women's Political Caucus (Iowa) 1
- Blackmun, Harry A. (Harry Andrew), 1908-1999 1
- Bob's Creek Neighbors (Club : Allamakee County, Iowa) 1
- Book Review Club (Manchester, Iowa) 1
- Boone Township Women Club (Wright County, Iowa) 1
- Booster Women's Club (Fort Madison, Iowa) 1
- Brine, Pauline 1
- Brown, Ralph 1
- Burlington Clubwomen's Time Capsule (Burlington, Iowa) 1
- Burlington Federation of Women's Clubs (Burlington, Iowa) 1
- Cadena, Juan 1
- Cadena, Marta 1
- Camp Courageous of Iowa 1
- Campaign to Add Women to the Iowa Constitution 1
- Campbell, Bonnie J., 1948- 1
- Cary Club of Marion, Iowa 1
- Cary, Alice, 1820-1871 1
- Cary, Phoebe, 1824-1871 1
- Catholics for a Free Choice (Organization) 1
- Cedar Investors (Cedar County, Iowa) 1
- Cedar Valley Community Club (Muscatine County, Iowa) 1
- Celebration of Excellence and Achievment Among Women (University of Iowa) 1
- Chauncey Depew Club (Des Moines, Iowa) 1
- Child Development Club (Manchester, Iowa) 1
- Church Women United (Johnson County, Iowa) 1
- Church Women United in Iowa 1
- City Union of Mothers' Clubs (Des Moines, Iowa) 1
- Cleona Township Women's Club (Scott County, Iowa) 1
- Clinton County Women's Political Caucus (Iowa) 1
- Clionian Club (Davenport, Iowa) 1
- Cloverleaf Club (Cass County, Iowa) 1
- Common Lives/Lesbian Lives (Organization) 1
- Daughters of Ceres. Walnut Chapter (Walnut, Iowa) 1
- Daughters of Ceres. Webster Chapter (Webster, Iowa) 1
- Davis, Aldeen 1
- Dayhoff, Arlene 1
- Democratic Activist Women's Network. District 1 1
- Des Moines BirthPlace 1
- Des Moines Women's Club 1
- Dieman, Edna, 1903-1999 1
- Dieman-Bennett Dance Theatre of the Hemispheres (Cedar Rapids, Iowa) 1
- Dobbs, Ella Victoria 1
- Durden, Betty 1
- ERA Iowa 1992 1
- Eastern Iowa League for Nursing 1
- Eaton, Linda 1
- Eckhardt, Lois 1
- Eisinger, Mary 1
- Embroiderers' Guild of America. Plum Grove Chapter (Iowa City, Iowa) 1
- Emerson Study Club (Sioux City, Iowa) 1
- Entre Nous (Iowa City, Iowa) 1
- Ever Ready Club (Baxter, Iowa) 1
- Farm Bureau Township Club (Iowa County, Iowa) 1
- Farm Safety 4 Just Kids 1
- Federated Garden Clubs of Iowa 1
- Feminist Majority (Organization) 1
- Flora Garden Club (Manchester, Iowa) 1
- Flynn, Martin 1 ∧ less