Showing Collections: 81 - 100 of 172
Abstract Non-profit organization that helped recent Latino immigrants and non-English speakers in the Siouxland area obtain human services, healthcare, housing, and other basic needs.
Dates: 1989 - 2007
Overview The members of Davenport LULAC Council 10 engaged in a wide range of social and political activities including annual fiestas, civil rights and fair housing.
Abstract The Cedar Rapids-Marion League of Women Voters (LWV) played an active part in the civic life of the greater Cedar Rapids area.ÃÂ ÃÂ During the period covered by this collection, the Cedar Rapids-Marion League of Women Voters focused on the problems of high school dropouts in the Cedar Rapids school system and the lack of affordable housing in the area.
Dates: 1937 - 2010
Abstract State-level branch of the national non-partisan League of Women Voters which seeks to promote political responsibility through educating and informing the public on selected governmental issues and promoting action on those issues. Arrangement 1971 Accession, 1917 to 1991 (boxes 1-61) Local leagues, 1939-1970 (boxes 1-5,19-32) Administrative, 1920-1968 (boxes 6-16) National, 1934-1966 (boxes 16-17) Iowa Voter,...
Abstract Local branch of the national non-partisan League of Women Voters which seeks to promote political responsibility through educating and informing the public on selected governmental issues and promoting action on those issues.
Abstract This non-partisan group studied and acted upon the many local issues including the following: the council-manager form of city government, home rule for local and county government, reapportionment of legislative districts of the Iowa General Assembly, desegregation and integration of Des Moines public schools, and the need for affordable housing in the community.
Abstract The league has been involved in various projects and studies throughout its history, reflecting changing political issues while maintaining a core concern for the community of Mount Vernon.
Abstract During the 1980s and 1990s, the LWV of Muscatine conducted a number of studies on Muscatine county issues, including the ambulance 911 system, law enforcement, county courthouse space needs, alternative forms of county government, housing, education, land use, hazardous waste, local option tax, the U.S. Highway 61 Bypass, and the Muscatine fire station.
Scope and Contents The League of Women Voters of Sioux City records date from 1978 to 1993 and measure 2.5 linear inches. The bulk of the collection consists of newspaper clippings from the Sioux City Journal and the Des Moines Register chronicling local debates in the late 1970s about Sioux City's urban renewal and city government structure. Clippings on how other Iowa cities were handling these issues in their communities are included. The home rule...
Abstract Study club founded in 1887.
Abstract The committee splintered from the extension service in 1955 and became the largest political and corporate organization representing farmer interests in Iowa.
Arrangement 4 folders, shelved in SCVF.
Arrangement 4 folders, shelved in SCVF.
Abstract On April 25, 2004, pro-choice activists went to Washington, D.C., to participate in the March for Women's Lives, a protest against the pro-life policies of President George W. Bush's administration.
Abstract Film production company founded and directed by University of Iowa Sociology alumna Marian Rees.
Abstract Organization of Marion women's clubs.
Abstract The Iowa Chapter of Chaparral Poets met twice yearly (fall and spring); they studied poetry, conducted a poetry contest and wrote poetry for submission to Midwest Chaparral magazine. The organization was formed in 1942 and disbanded in 2001.
Abstract Regional branch of the National Women's Studies Association.
Abstract Fremont County, Iowa women's club that was responsible for opening a public library in the small town of Thurman in 1936.
Abstract Cultural women's club in Fort Madison, Iowa which focused on intellectual improvement through study and reading.
Abstract Organization opposed to genetically modified organisms.
- University of Iowa 10
- General Federation of Women's Clubs 5
- Iowa Commission on the Status of Women 4
- Iowa Women's Political Caucus 3
- National Organization for Women. Iowa 3
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 2
- Emma Goldman Clinic 2
- Iowa Federation of Women's Clubs 2
- Iowa League for Nursing 2
- Iowa Nurses' Association 2
- League of Women Voters of Iowa 2
- National Abortion and Reproductive Rights Action League 2
- National Organization for Women. Johnson County-Iowa City Chapter 2
- National Women's Political Caucus (U.S.) 2
- State University of Iowa 2
- University of Iowa. College of Dentistry 2
- University of Iowa. Women's Resource and Action Center 2
- Afro-American Cultural Center (University of Iowa) 1
- Alan Guttmacher Institute 1
- American Association for Health, Physical Education, and Recreation 1
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education 1
- American Association of Dental Schools 1
- American Association of University Professors 1
- American Association of University Women 1
- American Business Women's Association. Grant Wood Chapter 1
- American Dental Association 1
- American Dental Hygienists' Association 1
- American Home Economics Association 1
- American Nurses Association 1
- Americans for Religious Liberty 1
- Anderson, Margaret, 1928- 1
- Anton, Judy 1
- Artists In Action (Muscatine, Iowa) 1
- Association for Intercollegiate Athletics for Women 1
- Athens History Circle (Iowa City, Iowa) 1
- Athletic and Recreation Federation of College Women 1
- Audubon Society of Manchester (Iowa) 1
- Benedict Home (Des Moines, Iowa) 1
- Bennett, Julia 1
- Best Ever Club (Percival, Iowa) 1
- Bixler, Genevieve Knight 1
- Black Hawk County Democratic Women's Organization (Iowa) 1
- Black Hawk County Women's Political Caucus (Iowa) 1
- Blackmun, Harry A. (Harry Andrew), 1908-1999 1
- Bob's Creek Neighbors (Club : Allamakee County, Iowa) 1
- Book Review Club (Manchester, Iowa) 1
- Boone Township Women Club (Wright County, Iowa) 1
- Booster Women's Club (Fort Madison, Iowa) 1
- Brine, Pauline 1
- Brown, Ralph 1
- Burlington Clubwomen's Time Capsule (Burlington, Iowa) 1
- Burlington Federation of Women's Clubs (Burlington, Iowa) 1
- Cadena, Juan 1
- Cadena, Marta 1
- Camp Courageous of Iowa 1
- Campaign to Add Women to the Iowa Constitution 1
- Campbell, Bonnie J., 1948- 1
- Cary Club of Marion, Iowa 1
- Cary, Alice, 1820-1871 1
- Cary, Phoebe, 1824-1871 1
- Catholics for a Free Choice (Organization) 1
- Cedar Investors (Cedar County, Iowa) 1
- Cedar Valley Community Club (Muscatine County, Iowa) 1
- Celebration of Excellence and Achievment Among Women (University of Iowa) 1
- Chauncey Depew Club (Des Moines, Iowa) 1
- Child Development Club (Manchester, Iowa) 1
- Church Women United (Johnson County, Iowa) 1
- Church Women United in Iowa 1
- City Union of Mothers' Clubs (Des Moines, Iowa) 1
- Cleona Township Women's Club (Scott County, Iowa) 1
- Clinton County Women's Political Caucus (Iowa) 1
- Clionian Club (Davenport, Iowa) 1
- Cloverleaf Club (Cass County, Iowa) 1
- Common Lives/Lesbian Lives (Organization) 1
- Daughters of Ceres. Walnut Chapter (Walnut, Iowa) 1
- Daughters of Ceres. Webster Chapter (Webster, Iowa) 1
- Davis, Aldeen 1
- Dayhoff, Arlene 1
- Democratic Activist Women's Network. District 1 1
- Des Moines BirthPlace 1
- Des Moines Women's Club 1
- Dieman, Edna, 1903-1999 1
- Dieman-Bennett Dance Theatre of the Hemispheres (Cedar Rapids, Iowa) 1
- Dobbs, Ella Victoria 1
- Durden, Betty 1
- ERA Iowa 1992 1
- Eastern Iowa League for Nursing 1
- Eaton, Linda 1
- Eckhardt, Lois 1
- Eisinger, Mary 1
- Embroiderers' Guild of America. Plum Grove Chapter (Iowa City, Iowa) 1
- Emerson Study Club (Sioux City, Iowa) 1
- Entre Nous (Iowa City, Iowa) 1
- Ever Ready Club (Baxter, Iowa) 1
- Farm Bureau Township Club (Iowa County, Iowa) 1
- Farm Safety 4 Just Kids 1
- Federated Garden Clubs of Iowa 1
- Feminist Majority (Organization) 1
- Flora Garden Club (Manchester, Iowa) 1
- Flynn, Martin 1 ∧ less