Showing Collections: 61 - 80 of 185
Abstract Women's club sponsered by the Farm Bureau.
Collection — Folder: 1
Abstract Rural women participated in a great number and variety of clubs. This collection has short histories of a variety of clubs formed in Iowa in the first part of the 20th century.
Arrangement One folder, shelved in SCVF.
Arrangement One folder, shelved in SCVF.
Abstract Program on feminism discussed by this book club in Mount Vernon, Iowa.
Abstract Iowa City group promoting friendship and understanding among women from around the world and the United States of America.
Abstract The Iowa City Area Christian Women's Club holds Friendship Bible Coffees and monthly luncheons. The ICCW formed in 1967 as an offshoot of Stonecroft Ministries.
Abstract IowaCASA's services included securing funding for Iowa's sexual assault centers, resource development, public education initiatives on child sexual abuse, anti-pornography work, and self-defense training. After 1997 IowaCasa expanded to include work on public policy.
Abstract The records include publications, legislative correspondence and the Write Women Back into History essays of middle and high school students in Iowa.
Abstract Organization to promote passage of an Equal Rights Amendment to the Iowa and United States constitutions.
Dates: 1916-1980; 1978-1980
Abstract Nondenominational and nonpartisan organization bringing Iowa women's clubs together.
Abstract The Iowa League for Nursing's efforts have included active participation in community planning and action for health care, advocating changes such as home health care. The organization made efforts to assure the continuing supply of nurses by providing them with the educational opportunities to reach their maximum career potential, ability to move into management and leadership positions, and promoting a greater public appreciation of nursing as a profession.
Abstract Organization of physicians' spouses that worked to advance health and health education and to support medical families
Abstract Local chapter of the Iowa Nurses Association.
Abstract State branch of the national organization. The overall purpose of the association has been to promote and improve the professional skills and status of nurses. Arrangement Administrative Records, 1904-1989 (boxes 1-18) American Nurses Association, 1928-1989 (boxes 18-24) Committees, 1933-1989 (boxes24-34) Continuing Education, 1955-1989 (boxes 34-36) Conventions, 1904-1989 (boxes 37-44) Districts, 1920-1984 (boxes44-48) Economic...
Abstract Newsletters of pacifist group Peace Links, based in the Northwest Iowa towns of Paullina and Primghar.
Abstract Women's auxiliary of the Iowa Pork Producer's Association, founded in 1964. Merged with the men's organization in 1992.
Abstract Local affiliate of the National Federation of Press Women.
Abstract Commemorated the efforts of pioneer suffragists and the enfranchisement of women.
Dates: circa 1906-1941
Abstract Literary magazine founded in 1979 to promote the artistic works and opinions of women in the Midwest.
Abstract Grassroots organization opposed to Iowa's ratification of the ERA to the Iowa and United States constitutions.
- General Federation of Women's Clubs 5
- State University of Iowa 5
- American Association of University Women 4
- Iowa State College 4
- University of Iowa 4
- Everett, Beverly, 1926-2001 3
- Iowa Commission on the Status of Women 3
- National Organization for Women. Iowa 3
- Davis, Aldeen 2
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 2
- Des Moines Women's Club 2
- Everett family 2
- Federated Garden Clubs of Iowa 2
- International Wives Club (Iowa City, Iowa) 2
- Iowa ERA Coalition 2
- Iowa Federation of Women's Clubs 2
- Iowa League for Nursing 2
- Iowa Medical Society. Woman's Auxiliary 2
- Iowa Mothers Association 2
- Iowa Nurses' Association 2
- Iowa Porkettes 2
- Iowa State Teachers College 2
- Iowa State University 2
- Iowa Suffrage Memorial Commission 2
- Iowa Women's Hall of Fame 2
- Iowa Women's Political Caucus 2
- Mahaska County Farm Bureau. Women's Committee 2
- Monroe Busy Bees (4-H Club : Mahaska County, Iowa) 2
- National Abortion and Reproductive Rights Action League 2
- National Organization for Women. Johnson County-Iowa City Chapter 2
- National Women's Political Caucus (U.S.) 2
- Planned Parenthood Federation of America 2
- University of Iowa. Women's Resource and Action Center 2
- Woman's Christian Temperance Union of Iowa 2
- Young Women's Christian Association of the U.S.A. 2
- Ackeman, Karen 1
- Afro-American Cultural Center (University of Iowa) 1
- Alan Guttmacher Institute 1
- American Academy of Neurology. Women's Auxiliary 1
- American Association for the United Nations 1
- American Association of University Women. Iowa City Branch 1
- American Business Women's Association. Grant Wood Chapter 1
- American Legion Auxiliary 1
- American Mothers, Inc. 1
- American National Red Cross 1
- American Nurses Association 1
- Americans for Religious Liberty 1
- Anderson, Christine Hanson, 1912- 1
- Anderson, Margaret, 1928- 1
- Angrick, William 1
- Anton, Judy 1
- Artists In Action (Muscatine, Iowa) 1
- Associated Country Women of the World 1
- Associated Country Women of the World. Conference 1
- Athens History Circle (Iowa City, Iowa) 1
- Audubon Society of Manchester (Iowa) 1
- Aurora Reading Club of Pittsburgh (Pa.) 1
- Bayard Women's Club (Iowa) 1
- Bell, Eleanor Nissen, 1925- 1
- Benedict Home (Des Moines, Iowa) 1
- Best Ever Club (Percival, Iowa) 1
- Birmingham High School (Birmingham, Iowa) 1
- Black Hawk County Democratic Women's Organization (Iowa) 1
- Blackmun, Harry A. (Harry Andrew), 1908-1999 1
- Bob's Creek Neighbors (Club : Allamakee County, Iowa) 1
- Book Review Club (Manchester, Iowa) 1
- Boone Township Women Club (Wright County, Iowa) 1
- Booster Women's Club (Fort Madison, Iowa) 1
- Browneller, Martha Jean Nicholson, 1920- 1
- Browneller, Max 1
- Browning Literary Club (Atlantic, Iowa) 1
- Buchanan County Farm Bureau (Iowa). Women's Committee 1
- Buckley, Susan C. 1
- Burlington Clubwomen's Time Capsule (Burlington, Iowa) 1
- Burlington Federation of Women's Clubs (Burlington, Iowa) 1
- Bush, George, 1924- 1
- Bywater, Jessie Cannon 1
- Cadoret, Jeanne 1
- Camp Courageous of Iowa 1
- Camp Fire Girls 1
- Campbell, Bonnie J., 1948- 1
- Cary Club of Marion, Iowa 1
- Cary, Alice, 1820-1871 1
- Cary, Phoebe, 1824-1871 1
- Catholics for a Free Choice (Organization) 1
- Cedar Investors (Cedar County, Iowa) 1
- Cedar Valley Community Club (Muscatine County, Iowa) 1
- Century of Progress International Exposition (1933-1934 : Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Chauncey Depew Club (Des Moines, Iowa) 1
- Chenault, Phyllis, 1923-1967 1
- Child Development Club (Manchester, Iowa) 1
- Chong, Peggy 1
- Christ, Ruth Moe, 1943- 1
- Church Women United (Johnson County, Iowa) 1
- Church Women United in Iowa 1
- City Union of Mothers' Clubs (Des Moines, Iowa) 1
- Clark, M. Maeve 1
- Cleona Township Women's Club (Scott County, Iowa) 1
- Clionian Club (Davenport, Iowa) 1
- Cloverleaf Club (Cass County, Iowa) 1 ∧ less