Showing Collections: 41 - 60 of 155
Abstract Amateur historian and clubwoman from Fayette County, Iowa.
Abstract A participant in the Camp Fire Girls between 1940 and 1954; materials include correspondence, scrapbooks and a memoir.
Abstract Member of the Iowa House of Representatives, 1965-1966, and the first Jewish woman elected to the Iowa Legislature.
Abstract Extensive correspondence of Corning, Iowa farm wife and club woman.
Abstract The first African American woman pharmacist licensed in Iowa and presidential appointee to the United States Foreign Service in the 1950s.
Abstract Homemaker and librarian who lived abroad in Berlin for four years during the 1980s.
Abstract Professional photographer from Muscatine.
Abstract University of Iowa graduate and teacher whose papers include correspondence and scrapbook files relating to her work on a variety of social issues including gun control.
Abstract Iowa City publisher and printer of lesbian and feminist books that existed from 1973 to 1985.
Abstract Nondenominational and nonpartisan organization bringing Iowa women's clubs together.
Abstract The Iowa League for Nursing's efforts have included active participation in community planning and action for health care, advocating changes such as home health care. The organization made efforts to assure the continuing supply of nurses by providing them with the educational opportunities to reach their maximum career potential, ability to move into management and leadership positions, and promoting a greater public appreciation of nursing as a profession.
Abstract State branch of the national organization. The overall purpose of the association has been to promote and improve the professional skills and status of nurses. Arrangement Administrative Records, 1904-1989 (boxes 1-18) American Nurses Association, 1928-1989 (boxes 18-24) Committees, 1933-1989 (boxes24-34) Continuing Education, 1955-1989 (boxes 34-36) Conventions, 1904-1989 (boxes 37-44) Districts, 1920-1984 (boxes44-48) Economic...
Abstract Grassroots organization opposed to Iowa's ratification of the ERA to the Iowa and United States constitutions.
Abstract Organization to promote the advancement of women in politics.
Abstract Political activist and Johnson County, Iowa, supervisor who was the daughter of British Prime Minister Clement Attlee.
Abstract The committee organized in 1990 to support Jean Jew in her sexual harassment lawsuit against the University of Iowa.
Abstract Iowa City political activist.
Abstract Elected to the Iowa House of Representatives in 1982 and in 1986, she became the first woman Lieutenant Governor of Iowa.
Abstract State senator from 1972 to 1980 from Grinnell, Iowa.
- University of Iowa 19
- State University of Iowa 17
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 8
- Iowa. General Assembly. House of Representatives 7
- Republican Party (Iowa) 7
- United Nations Association of the United States of America. Iowa Division 5
- American Association of University Women 4
- Grinnell College 4
- Iowa. General Assembly. Senate 4
- League of Women Voters of Johnson County, Iowa 4
- Association for Intercollegiate Athletics for Women 3
- Daughters of the American Revolution 3
- Iowa State College 3
- Republican National Committee (U.S.) 3
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 3
- United Nations 3
- University of Iowa. College of Nursing 3
- University of Iowa. Hospitals and Clinics 3
- University of Iowa. Libraries. Iowa Women's Archives 3
- American National Red Cross 2
- Camp Fire Girls. Iowana Council 2
- Emma Goldman Clinic 2
- Fox, Margaret, 1912-2010 2
- Grand View College 2
- Iowa Civil Liberties Union 2
- Iowa Civil Rights Commission 2
- Iowa Commission on the Status of Women 2
- Iowa Cornets (Basketball team) 2
- Iowa Federation of Women's Clubs 2
- Iowa League for Nursing 2
- Iowa State Teachers College 2
- Iowa Women's Political Caucus 2
- Jew, Jean Y. 2
- Keyes, Margaret N., 1918-2015 2
- League of Women Voters of Iowa 2
- Mason, Kären 2
- Muscatine Migrant Committee 2
- National Abortion and Reproductive Rights Action League 2
- Noun, Louise R. 2
- O'Dea, Suzanne, 1950- 2
- Planned Parenthood Federation of America 2
- Radcliffe College 2
- Republican National Convention 2
- Smith, Mary Louise 2
- United Nations Association of the United States of America 2
- University of Iowa. College of Pharmacy 2
- University of Iowa. Department of History 2
- University of Iowa. Department of Physical Education for Women 2
- University of Iowa. Women's Resource and Action Center 2
- White family 2
- Women's Professional Basketball League 2
- World Conference on Women 2
- Young Women's Christian Association of the U.S.A. 2
- AIDS Coalition of Johnson County (Iowa) 1
- Alan Guttmacher Institute 1
- Alfred University 1
- Algona High School (Algona, Iowa) 1
- Alliance for the Mentally Ill 1
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority 1
- American Association for Health, Physical Education, and Recreation 1
- American Association for the United Nations 1
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education 1
- American Association of Dental Schools 1
- American Association of University Professors 1
- American Basketball League 1
- American Business Women's Association. Grant Wood Chapter 1
- American Dental Association 1
- American Dental Hygienists' Association 1
- American Nurses Association 1
- Americans for Religious Liberty 1
- Ankeny High School (Ankeny, Iowa) 1
- Another Mother for Peace (Association) 1
- Anothor Mother for Peace (Association). Northeastern Iowa Chapter 1
- Arizona State University 1
- Art Institute of Chicago. School 1
- Artists In Action (Muscatine, Iowa) 1
- Athletic and Recreation Federation of College Women 1
- Atkinson, Edith Reed, 1919-2000 1
- Attlee, C. R. (Clement Richard), 1883-1967 1
- Attlee, Felicity 1
- Attlee, Martin 1
- Attlee, Violet 1
- Audiovisual Education Association of Iowa 1
- Audubon Naturalist Society of the Central Atlantic States 1
- Aurora Reading Club of Pittsburgh (Pa.) 1
- B'nai Jeshurun Temple (Des Moines, Iowa) 1
- Bacon, Evelyn Crary, 1916-1997 1
- Bamford, Helen, 1902-1994 1
- Barcelo family 1
- Barceló, Nancy V., 1946- 1
- Barnes, Irston R. 1
- Basketball Hall of Fame (Springfield, Mass.) 1
- Becker, Ruth Salzmann, 1922-2007 1
- Berg, Anna Margaret Skramstad 1
- Berg, Mary J. (Mary Jaylene), 1950- 1
- Bettendorf Public Library (Bettendorf, Iowa) 1
- Birgen family 1
- Birgen, Lorinda "Laura", 1898-1963 1
- Birgen, Martina 1
- Birkby, Evelyn 1 ∧ less