Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Abstract Davenport community and civil rights activists during the 1960s.
Abstract The Cedar Rapids-Marion League of Women Voters (LWV) played an active part in the civic life of the greater Cedar Rapids area.ÃÂ ÃÂ During the period covered by this collection, the Cedar Rapids-Marion League of Women Voters focused on the problems of high school dropouts in the Cedar Rapids school system and the lack of affordable housing in the area.
Dates: 1937 - 2010
Scope and Contents The League of Women Voters of Sioux City records date from 1978 to 1993 and measure 2.5 linear inches. The bulk of the collection consists of newspaper clippings from the Sioux City Journal and the Des Moines Register chronicling local debates in the late 1970s about Sioux City's urban renewal and city government structure. Clippings on how other Iowa cities were handling these issues in their communities are included. The home rule...
Abstract Papers related to the social activism and career of librarian Lolly Eggers.
- Catholic Interracial Council (Davenport, Iowa) 1
- Chisholm, Shirley, 1924-2005 1
- Eggers, Lolly, 1929- 1
- Iowa City Public Library (Iowa City, Iowa) 1
- Johnson County Council on the Status of Women (Iowa) 1
- Johnson County Women's Political Caucus (Iowa) 1
- League of Women Voters of Cedar Rapids-Marion 1
- League of Women Voters of Iowa 1
- League of Women Voters of Sioux City, Iowa 1
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People 1
- Schneiders, Jean, 1935- 1
- Schneiders, John L. 1
- United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission 1
- University of Iowa 1
- Womens International League for Peace and Freedom 1
- YWCA of Greater Des Moines 1
- Young Women's Christian Association of the U.S.A. 1
- Young Women's Christian Association of the U.S.A.. Blue Triangle Branch 1 ∧ less