Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Abstract Iowa State senator, Des Moines City Council member, and hearing and speech consultant.
Abstract Leader of the 1949 campaign to reform Des Moines city government and adopt the city manager plan.
Dates: 1940-2001; 1940-1977
Scope and Contents The League of Women Voters of Sioux City records date from 1978 to 1993 and measure 2.5 linear inches. The bulk of the collection consists of newspaper clippings from the Sioux City Journal and the Des Moines Register chronicling local debates in the late 1970s about Sioux City's urban renewal and city government structure. Clippings on how other Iowa cities were handling these issues in their communities are included. The home rule...
Abstract Des Moines resident who was a leader in women's organizations including American Mother's Inc., PTA and AAUW.
Abstract Active in the Republican Party, mayor of Newton, Iowa, and executive director of Iowa Business Council.
Abstract Iowa City city councilor from 1990 to 1997. Chosen twice to serve as mayor.
Dates: 1922-2009; 1989-1997
- American Association of University Women 1
- American Mothers, Inc. 1
- American Patients Association 1
- Chicago Housing Authority 1
- Health Planning Council of Central Iowa 1
- Iowa Business Council 1
- Iowa Mothers Association 1
- Iowa Parent Teacher Association 1
- Iowa. General Assembly. Senate 1
- League of Women Voters (Des Moines, Iowa) 1
- League of Women Voters of Johnson County, Iowa 1
- League of Women Voters of Sioux City, Iowa 1
- Levin, Myrtilla F., 1938- 1
- Lewis, Thelma B., 1904-1988 1
- Marshall Plan 1
- McCollum, Margaret, 1916-2006 1
- Novick, Melvin R. 1
- Novick, Naomi, 1932- 1
- Republican Party (Iowa) 1
- Stroud, Katherine, 1913-1996 1
- Stroud, Theodore 1
- Szymoniak, Elaine, 1920-2009 1
- University of Chicago 1
- University of Iowa. Museum of Art 1
- Women's Freedom League 1 ∧ less