Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 35
Abstract Nurse, abortion rights activist and educator from Fairfield, Iowa.
Abstract Rural nurse who contracted AIDS on the job and became a national spokeswoman for occupational safety.
Collection — Folder: 1
Abstract Nursing administrator and first African-American public health nurse in Iowa.
Arrangement Two folders, shelved in SCVF.
Arrangement Two folders, shelved in SCVF.
Abstract Career nurse and avid traveler who grew up in Dedham, Iowa and Des Moines.
Abstract University of Iowa nurse who farmed with her husband in Johnson County, Iowa
Abstract Teacher, decorated veteran nurse and pioneer in the field of nursing education, Bacon served as a captain in the U.S. Army Nurse Corps during World War II and participated in the invasion of Normandy.
Abstract The family came to Horton, Kansas, from Mexico in 1910 and moved to West Des Moines in 1941.
Abstract Professor and former dean of the University of Iowa College of Nursing. Arrangement Two books that mention Felton and her achievements in nursing are filed in the printed work collection of the Iowa Women's Archives: Complete in All Its Parts: Nursing Education at the University of Iowa, 1898-1998 by Lee Anderson and Kathy Penningroth (1998) and The Path We Tread: Blacks in Nursing Worldwide, 1864-1994...
Abstract Scrapbook featuring the professional and social life of an Iowa nurse in the 1920's.
Abstract Project of the Vinton, Iowa, American Association of University Women.
Abstract The Iowa League for Nursing's efforts have included active participation in community planning and action for health care, advocating changes such as home health care. The organization made efforts to assure the continuing supply of nurses by providing them with the educational opportunities to reach their maximum career potential, ability to move into management and leadership positions, and promoting a greater public appreciation of nursing as a profession.
Abstract Local chapter of the Iowa Nurses Association.
Abstract State branch of the national organization. The overall purpose of the association has been to promote and improve the professional skills and status of nurses. Arrangement Administrative Records, 1904-1989 (boxes 1-18) American Nurses Association, 1928-1989 (boxes 18-24) Committees, 1933-1989 (boxes24-34) Continuing Education, 1955-1989 (boxes 34-36) Conventions, 1904-1989 (boxes 37-44) Districts, 1920-1984 (boxes44-48) Economic...
Collection — Folder: 1
Abstract Writer, performer, volunteer, and nurse in Iowa City.
Abstract Nurse Jeanne Jones Cook grew up in Iowa and Colorado. She completed her training with the U.S. Cadet Nurse Corps in 1945.
Abstract Elected to the Iowa House of Representatives in 1982 and in 1986, she became the first woman Lieutenant Governor of Iowa.
Abstract World War I Army nurse from Clayton, Iowa.
Dates: 1911-1983; 1917-1919
Abstract 1936 graduate of the School of Nursing at the State University of Iowa who was active in Democratic politics and whose correspondence includes round robin letters.
Abstract Nurse who served in the Army Nurse Corps during World War II.
- University of Iowa. College of Nursing 5
- State University of Iowa. School of Nursing 4
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 2
- Iowa League for Nursing 2
- Iowa Nurses' Association 2
- Iowa. General Assembly. House of Representatives 2
- State University of Iowa 2
- United States. Army Nurse Corps 2
- United States. Cadet Nurse Corps 2
- University of Iowa. Hospitals and Clinics 2
- Veterans Administration Hospital (Iowa City, Iowa) 2
- American Association of University Women 1
- American National Red Cross. Nursing Service 1
- American Nurses Association 1
- Andrews, Neta 1
- Aydelotte, Myrtle K. (Myrtle Kitchell) 1
- Bacon, Evelyn Crary, 1916-1997 1
- Beck, Jennie, 1903- 1
- Becker, Ruth Salzmann, 1922-2007 1
- Block, Marjorie Bertalot, 1923-2007 1
- Branstad, Terry E. 1
- Britton family 1
- Britton, Cheryl, 1910-2003 1
- Britton, Chester 1
- Burrows, Bess, 1895- 1
- Calderon, Barbara McDonald, 1915- 1
- Carter, Lucille Ketchum, 1913- 1
- Christy, Teresa E. 1
- Congressional Club (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Cook, Jeanne Jones, 1927-1993 1
- Cousin, Ruth Hager, 1895-1994 1
- Crary, Julia 1
- Des Moines BirthPlace 1
- Donahue, M. Patricia 1
- Eastern Iowa League for Nursing 1
- Ehrhardt, Louis 1
- Eimen, Martha, 1912-1997 1
- Fassbinder, Barbara, 1951-1994 1
- Felton, Geraldene, 1926- 1
- Geiger, Nira, 1901- 1
- Geiken, Freida, 1895- 1
- German Lutheran Hospital (Sioux City, Iowa). Nursing School 1
- Goad family 1
- Grinnell College 1
- Grinnell Historical Museum (Grinnell, Iowa) 1
- Grinnell Tuesday Club (Grinnell, Iowa) 1
- Hager, Thora 1
- Harris, Coral Rose Johnson, 1891-1982 1
- Hauth, Mary Ungerer, 1890-1963 1
- Havel, George, -1983 1
- Havel, Marie Tener, 1910-2002 1
- Illinois Training School for Nurses 1
- Iowa Association of Colleges of Nursing 1
- Iowa Citizens' League for Nursing 1
- Iowa Commission on the Status of Women 1
- Iowa Health Systems Agency 1
- Iowa Lutheran Hospital (Des Moines, Iowa). School of Nursing 1
- Iowa Nurses' Association. Fifth District 1
- Iowa Nursing Center 1
- Jens, Arlene, 1926- 1
- Johnson, Effie 1
- Johnson, Margaret Langland, 1912-1972 1
- Kahler School of Nursing 1
- Liers, Louise, 1887-1983 1
- Lyford family 1
- Lyford, Marjorie Elizabeth, 1910- 1
- McKenzie, Bettie 1
- Mercy Hospital (Burlington, Iowa). School of Nursing 1
- Mercy School of Nursing (Iowa City, Iowa) 1
- Meyer, Marie Schultz, 1918-1993 1
- Morado family 1
- Mount Sinai Hospital (New York, N.Y.). School of Nursing 1
- Mumford, Ruth, 1908- 1
- National Association of Childbearing Centers (U.S.) 1
- National League for Nursing 1
- O'Dea, Suzanne, 1950- 1
- Order of the Eastern Star 1
- Palmer, Harriet E., 1904-1999 1
- Patten, Grace Wagner, 1888-1959 1
- Sallee, Dorothy, 1906- 1
- Salzmann family 1
- Schmidt, Donna, 1921-2011 1
- Schroeder, Alvena, 1899-1989 1
- Schueler, Allegra, 1904- 1
- Shoots, Jean, 1926- 1
- Smith, Gertrude, 1899-1989 1
- Stoner, Mavis, 1931- 1
- Stoops, John Dashiell, 1873-1973 1
- Stoops, Rose, 1895-2001 1
- Ten Benton County Women Oral History Project (Vinton, Iowa) 1
- Tener family 1
- Terronez, Florence Vallejo, 1924- 1
- Trenton High School (Trenton, Ill.) 1
- United Nations 1
- United States. Army School of Nursing 1
- University of Iowa 1
- University of Minnesota. School of Nursing 1
- University of Virginia. School of Nursing 1
- Vallejo family 1
- Vallejo, Julio R. 1 ∧ less