Showing Collections: 81 - 100 of 590
Abstract Professional dancer and deputy commissioner of the Iowa Department of Social Services.
Dates: 1910-1991; 1942-1991
Abstract Interviews and field reports prepared by Lewis for the Smithsonian Institution's Festival of American Folklore.
Abstract Illinois student who moved to Mt. Pleasant, Iowa.
Abstract Civil rights worker in Davenport.
Abstract Member of the Iowa House of Representatives,1967 to 1969, and the Iowa Senate, 1969 to 1973.
Abstract Homemaker from Wichita, Kansas whose papers consist primarily of journals.
Abstract Unitarian Universalist minister and daughters of Iowa State Senator Vera Shivvers
Abstract Writer, lesbian activist, and University of Iowa alumna.
Abstract Career nurse and avid traveler who grew up in Dedham, Iowa and Des Moines.
Abstract University of Iowa graduate and laboratory assistant who was active in student government and served as a steward in AFSCME Local 12.
Abstract Appanoose County 4-H leader, farmer, and teacher.
Abstract Multi-volume memoir of a Mormon woman who was an educator, poet and advocate for the mentally ill.
Dates: 1954 - 2002
Abstract Sports administrator, professor, and gender equity activist.
Dates: 1952-2009; 1970-2005
Abstract Free-lance writer, home economics teacher, and civic leader who wrote articles and diaries concerning life in Iowa, China, and Wisconsin.
Abstract Harris worked in radiation detection instrumentation. She was active in the Johnson County League of Women Voters and the Johnson County Alliance for the Mentally Ill.
Abstract Author and English instructor at St. Ambrose University, Davenport, Iowa.
Abstract Journalist and 1996 congressional candidate.
Abstract Author, librarian, and professor of library science who was a WAVE during World War II.
Abstract Elementary school teacher from Rolfe, Iowa who later worked as a lab technician in Fort Dodge, Iowa.
- State University of Iowa 61
- University of Iowa 46
- Iowa. General Assembly. House of Representatives 20
- Republican Party (Iowa) 19
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 17
- Iowa. General Assembly. Senate 12
- American Association of University Women 9
- Iowa State Teachers College 9
- Grinnell College 7
- League of Women Voters of Iowa 7
- American National Red Cross 6
- Drake University 6
- Iowa State College 6
- Mason, Kären 6
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 6
- University of Iowa. Hospitals and Clinics 6
- University of Northern Iowa 6
- Iowa Commission on the Status of Women 5
- Iowa Women's Hall of Fame 5
- United Nations Association of the United States of America. Iowa Division 5
- White family 5
- City High School (Iowa City, Iowa) 4
- Daughters of the American Revolution 4
- Iowa Mother of the Year 4
- Iowa State University 4
- League of United Latin American Citizens. Council 10 (Davenport, Iowa) 4
- Republican National Committee (U.S.) 4
- State University of Iowa. Department of Home Economics 4
- State University of Iowa. School of Nursing 4
- United Nations 4
- United States. Naval Reserve. Women's Reserve 4
- University High School (Iowa City, Iowa) 4
- University of Iowa. College of Nursing 4
- University of Iowa. Libraries. Iowa Women's Archives 4
- Coe College 3
- Ellsworth Community College (Iowa Falls, Iowa) 3
- Everett, Beverly, 1926-2001 3
- Girl Scouts of the United States of America 3
- Iowa Civil Rights Commission 3
- League of Women Voters of Johnson County, Iowa 3
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People 3
- Noun, Louise R. 3
- O'Dea, Suzanne, 1950- 3
- Smith, Mary Louise 3
- United Nations Association of the United States of America 3
- United States. Navy 3
- University of Iowa. Department of Physical Education and Dance 3
- University of Iowa. Women's Studies Program 3
- University of Minnesota 3
- University of Wisconsin 3
- Veterans Administration Hospital (Iowa City, Iowa) 3
- Young Women's Christian Association (State University of Iowa) 3
- American Association for the United Nations 2
- Association for Intercollegiate Athletics for Women 2
- Atlantic High School (Atlantic, Iowa) 2
- Braunwarth, Sarah, 1853-1927 2
- Camp Fire Girls. Iowana Council 2
- Central College (Pella, Iowa) 2
- Conlin, Roxanne Barton, 1944- 2
- Des Moines Art Center 2
- Ellsworth family 2
- Emma Goldman Clinic 2
- Englert, Edna Rummelhart, 1902-2005 2
- Everett family 2
- Felton, Geraldene, 1926- 2
- Franciscan Sisters of Perpetual Adoration (La Crosse, Wis.) 2
- Furgerson, Betty Jean, 1927- 2
- Glandorf, Gil 2
- Grand View College 2
- Grefe, Mary 2
- Gunderson, Helen, 1945- 2
- Hemm, Joan, 1957- 2
- Iowa City Public Library (Iowa City, Iowa) 2
- Iowa Civil Liberties Union 2
- Iowa Cornets (Basketball team) 2
- Iowa Falls High School (Iowa Falls, Iowa) 2
- Iowa Farm Bureau Federation 2
- Iowa Mothers Association 2
- Iowa Parent Teacher Association 2
- Iowa Porkettes 2
- Iowa State University. Cooperative Extension Service 2
- Iowa Women's Political Caucus 2
- Iowa. General Assembly 2
- Jack, Jill, 1957- 2
- Jones, Virginia Shrauger, 1921- 2
- Keene, Carolyn 2
- Keyes, Margaret N., 1918-2015 2
- Know Your Neighbor (Panel : Des Moines, Iowa) 2
- Koob, Kathryn 2
- League of United Latin American Citizens 2
- League of Women Voters (Des Moines, Iowa) 2
- League of Women Voters of Iowa City, Iowa 2
- Lloyd-Jones, Jean, 1929- 2
- Marsh, Marjorie, 1913- 2
- McKenzie, Bettie 2
- Migrant Action Program (Mason City, Iowa) 2
- Miller family 2
- Monroe Busy Bees (4-H Club : Mahaska County, Iowa) 2
- Moore, Mary Ellen, 1919-1998 2
- Mullen, Peg, 1917-2009 2 ∧ less