Showing Collections: 41 - 60 of 122
Abstract Mt.Vernon, Iowa high school teacher who later owned and directed The Depot Museum in Fayette County, Iowa.
Abstract The Commission addressed issues such as the Equal Rights Amendment (ERA), abortion reform, daycare, equal pay for equal work, and sex discrimination in employment, insurance, and education. At the end of 1970, the GCSW reported two major legislative accomplishments: the passage of no-fault divorce laws and the addition of sex to the Iowa Civil Rights Act of 1965.
Dates: 1964-2003; 1969-1976
Abstract Author and Professor Emeritus of Russian at the University of Iowa, who emmigrated to the United States after surviving the siege of Leningrad in 1941.
Dates: 1937-1996; 1960-1993
Abstract Project of the Vinton, Iowa, American Association of University Women.
Abstract Organization to promote passage of an Equal Rights Amendment to the Iowa and United States constitutions.
Dates: 1916-1980; 1978-1980
Abstract The Iowa League for Nursing's efforts have included active participation in community planning and action for health care, advocating changes such as home health care. The organization made efforts to assure the continuing supply of nurses by providing them with the educational opportunities to reach their maximum career potential, ability to move into management and leadership positions, and promoting a greater public appreciation of nursing as a profession.
Abstract State branch of the national organization. The overall purpose of the association has been to promote and improve the professional skills and status of nurses. Arrangement Administrative Records, 1904-1989 (boxes 1-18) American Nurses Association, 1928-1989 (boxes 18-24) Committees, 1933-1989 (boxes24-34) Continuing Education, 1955-1989 (boxes 34-36) Conventions, 1904-1989 (boxes 37-44) Districts, 1920-1984 (boxes44-48) Economic...
Abstract Literary magazine founded in 1979 to promote the artistic works and opinions of women in the Midwest.
Abstract Grassroots organization opposed to Iowa's ratification of the ERA to the Iowa and United States constitutions.
Abstract Oral histories and transcripts. Collection of 77 oral histories of Iowa women artists conducted by Jane Robinette in 1998-1999.
Abstract Organization to promote the advancement of women in politics.
Abstract Riceville, Iowa schoolteacher and anti-racism activist who pioneered diversity sensitivity training with her famous "Blue Eyed, Brown Eyed" exercise
Abstract Organic farmer and activist from Johnson County, Iowa.
Abstract Geologist who worked with the Iowa Geological Survey in Iowa City for 38 years. Arrangement The Orestes St. John oversized series consists of 2 oversized boxes with two folders each in them. The first box (box 32) is titled Milligan Sketches and contains reproductions of the 6 Orestes St. John drawings in folder one and 11 mounted originals and Milligan reproductions in folder 2. The 11 mounted originals and Milligan reproductions include: 1)...
Dates: 1857-2003; 1969-2003
Abstract Elected to the Iowa House of Representatives in 1982 and in 1986, she became the first woman Lieutenant Governor of Iowa.
Abstract A resident of Davenport from 1962, Weldon publicly acknowledged her lesbian identity during the early 1950s.
Abstract Artist, librarian, and student of Corita Kent.
Abstract Iowa activist involved in the peace movement as well energy conservation and environmental protection coalitions.
Abstract Photographer, Peace Corps volunteer, and United Nations Association leader and member.
Dates: 1959-2012; Other: Date acquired: 20100000
Abstract Life partners Kittredge Cherry (1957- ), an author, journalist, and minister to the LGBT community, and Audrey Lockwood (1957- ), a financial planner, met as students at the University of Iowa in 1975 and lived and worked in Japan before settling in California.
- University of Iowa 17
- State University of Iowa 8
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 6
- American Association of University Women 5
- Iowa Commission on the Status of Women 5
- Mason, Kären 5
- Republican Party (Iowa) 5
- Iowa. General Assembly. House of Representatives 4
- Drake University 3
- Iowa State University 3
- League of Women Voters of Iowa 3
- United Nations Association of the United States of America. Iowa Division 3
- American National Red Cross 2
- Conlin, Roxanne Barton, 1944- 2
- Daughters of the American Revolution 2
- Everett, Beverly, 1926-2001 2
- Godwin, Trula, 1940-2002 2
- Grinnell College 2
- Hodne, Carol 2
- Iowa Civil Rights Commission 2
- Iowa ERA Coalition 2
- Iowa League for Nursing 2
- Iowa State College 2
- Iowa. General Assembly. Senate 2
- League of Women Voters of Johnson County, Iowa 2
- McKenzie, Bettie 2
- National Organization for Women 2
- National Women's Conference (1st : 1977 : Houston, Tex.) 2
- Ray, Robert D., 1928- 2
- Smith, Mary Louise 2
- Southall, Geneva H. 2
- University of Colorado Boulder 2
- University of Iowa. College of Dentistry 2
- University of Iowa. College of Nursing 2
- University of Iowa. Department of Physical Education and Dance 2
- University of Iowa. Libraries. Iowa Women's Archives 2
- University of Iowa. Women's Resource and Action Center 2
- Womens International League for Peace and Freedom 2
- Wood, Mary Elizabeth, 1902- 2
- Ackeman, Karen 1
- Adams, Vicki 1
- Alfred University 1
- American Association for the United Nations 1
- American Association of Dental Schools 1
- American Dental Association 1
- American Dental Hygienists' Association 1
- American Junior Red Cross 1
- American Mission Upper Nile 1
- American Nurses Association 1
- American Theological Society 1
- Anderson, Margaret, 1928- 1
- Anderson, Marilyn 1
- Annin, Marilyn 1
- Arizona State University 1
- Association for Intercollegiate Athletics for Women 1
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America 1
- Association of Trial Lawyers of Iowa 1
- Atalig, Angelica Lynn Rose 1
- Audubon Naturalist Society of the Central Atlantic States 1
- Aurora Reading Club of Pittsburgh (Pa.) 1
- Bacon, Evelyn Crary, 1916-1997 1
- Barclay, Winston 1
- Barker, Patti 1
- Barnes, Irston R. 1
- Beck, Jennie, 1903- 1
- Bennett, Julia 1
- Berry, Dora Martin, 1937- 1
- Berry, Jean, 1938- 1
- Beth El Jacob Synagogue (Des Moines, Iowa) 1
- Bethel Evangelical Secondary School 1
- Bevin, Nancy 1
- Birkby, Evelyn 1
- Blind Tom, 1849-1908 1
- Bloom, Isabel 1
- Blundall, Joan, 1945- 1
- Boedeker family 1
- Boedeker, Margaret Talcott 1
- Bohlmann, Rachel E. 1
- Bolden, Louise, 1922- 1
- Bolin, Molly, 1957- 1
- Boller, Betty, 1924- 1
- Bollin, Kathy 1
- Boulware, Lois, 1903-1998 1
- Branstad, Terry E. 1
- Brewton, Frances 1
- Brigance, Linda 1
- Briggs, John Ely, -1952 1
- Briggs, Nancy 1
- Briggs, Nellie Upham, -1973 1
- Briggs, Shirley A. (Shirley Ann), 1918-2004 1
- Briggs, Wilbur 1
- Brine, Pauline 1
- Brown, Geraldine 1
- Brown, Ralph 1
- Brown, Sara Slee 1
- Brubaker, Mary 1
- Bruene, Barbara 1
- Buchanan, Ellen 1
- Bucklew, Jeanette, 1946- 1
- Buckley, Susan C. 1 ∧ less