Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 29
Abstract Nurse, abortion rights activist and educator from Fairfield, Iowa.
Abstract Rural nurse who contracted AIDS on the job and became a national spokeswoman for occupational safety.
Collection — Folder: 1
Abstract Nursing administrator and first African-American public health nurse in Iowa.
Arrangement Two folders, shelved in SCVF.
Arrangement Two folders, shelved in SCVF.
Abstract Career nurse and avid traveler who grew up in Dedham, Iowa and Des Moines.
Abstract Teacher, decorated veteran nurse and pioneer in the field of nursing education, Bacon served as a captain in the U.S. Army Nurse Corps during World War II and participated in the invasion of Normandy.
Abstract Professor and former dean of the University of Iowa College of Nursing. Arrangement Two books that mention Felton and her achievements in nursing are filed in the printed work collection of the Iowa Women's Archives: Complete in All Its Parts: Nursing Education at the University of Iowa, 1898-1998 by Lee Anderson and Kathy Penningroth (1998) and The Path We Tread: Blacks in Nursing Worldwide, 1864-1994...
Abstract Scrapbook featuring the professional and social life of an Iowa nurse in the 1920's.
Abstract The Iowa League for Nursing's efforts have included active participation in community planning and action for health care, advocating changes such as home health care. The organization made efforts to assure the continuing supply of nurses by providing them with the educational opportunities to reach their maximum career potential, ability to move into management and leadership positions, and promoting a greater public appreciation of nursing as a profession.
Abstract Local chapter of the Iowa Nurses Association.
Abstract State branch of the national organization. The overall purpose of the association has been to promote and improve the professional skills and status of nurses. Arrangement Administrative Records, 1904-1989 (boxes 1-18) American Nurses Association, 1928-1989 (boxes 18-24) Committees, 1933-1989 (boxes24-34) Continuing Education, 1955-1989 (boxes 34-36) Conventions, 1904-1989 (boxes 37-44) Districts, 1920-1984 (boxes44-48) Economic...
- University of Iowa. College of Nursing 5
- State University of Iowa. School of Nursing 4
- Iowa League for Nursing 2
- Iowa Nurses' Association 2
- United States. Army Nurse Corps 2
- United States. Cadet Nurse Corps 2
- University of Iowa. Hospitals and Clinics 2
- Veterans Administration Hospital (Iowa City, Iowa) 2
- American National Red Cross. Nursing Service 1
- American Nurses Association 1
- Andrews, Neta 1
- Aydelotte, Myrtle K. (Myrtle Kitchell) 1
- Bacon, Evelyn Crary, 1916-1997 1
- Becker, Ruth Salzmann, 1922-2007 1
- Block, Marjorie Bertalot, 1923-2007 1
- Britton family 1
- Britton, Cheryl, 1910-2003 1
- Britton, Chester 1
- Calderon, Barbara McDonald, 1915- 1
- Carter, Lucille Ketchum, 1913- 1
- Christy, Teresa E. 1
- Congressional Club (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Cook, Jeanne Jones, 1927-1993 1
- Cousin, Ruth Hager, 1895-1994 1
- Crary, Julia 1
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 1
- Des Moines BirthPlace 1
- Donahue, M. Patricia 1
- Eastern Iowa League for Nursing 1
- Ehrhardt, Louis 1
- Eimen, Martha, 1912-1997 1
- Fassbinder, Barbara, 1951-1994 1
- Felton, Geraldene, 1926- 1
- German Lutheran Hospital (Sioux City, Iowa). Nursing School 1
- Goad family 1
- Hager, Thora 1
- Harris, Coral Rose Johnson, 1891-1982 1
- Hauth, Mary Ungerer, 1890-1963 1
- Havel, George, -1983 1
- Havel, Marie Tener, 1910-2002 1
- Illinois Training School for Nurses 1
- Iowa Association of Colleges of Nursing 1
- Iowa Citizens' League for Nursing 1
- Iowa Commission on the Status of Women 1
- Iowa Lutheran Hospital (Des Moines, Iowa). School of Nursing 1
- Iowa Nurses' Association. Fifth District 1
- Iowa Nursing Center 1
- Iowa. General Assembly. House of Representatives 1
- Jens, Arlene, 1926- 1
- Johnson, Effie 1
- Johnson, Margaret Langland, 1912-1972 1
- Kahler School of Nursing 1
- Liers, Louise, 1887-1983 1
- Lyford family 1
- Lyford, Marjorie Elizabeth, 1910- 1
- Mercy Hospital (Burlington, Iowa). School of Nursing 1
- Mercy School of Nursing (Iowa City, Iowa) 1
- Meyer, Marie Schultz, 1918-1993 1
- Mount Sinai Hospital (New York, N.Y.). School of Nursing 1
- National Association of Childbearing Centers (U.S.) 1
- National League for Nursing 1
- Order of the Eastern Star 1
- Palmer, Harriet E., 1904-1999 1
- Salzmann family 1
- Shoots, Jean, 1926- 1
- State University of Iowa 1
- Stoner, Mavis, 1931- 1
- Tener family 1
- United Nations 1
- United States. Army School of Nursing 1
- University of Iowa 1
- University of Minnesota. School of Nursing 1
- University of Virginia. School of Nursing 1
- White family 1
- Wing, Adrien Katherine 1 ∧ less