Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 44
Abstract Republican National Committeewoman in the 1950s and 1960s from Red Oak, Iowa.
Abstract Two-term Iowa state senator. Hannon chaired the Human Resources Committee and was instrumental in founding the Iowa Women's Foundation in Iowa City.
Abstract Organization formed to work for passage of Iowa state ERA.
Abstract Journalist and 1996 congressional candidate.
Abstract Organization created to recruit, educate, and elect Democratic women to public office in Iowa.
Abstract Organic farmer and political activist who served as president of National Family Farm Coalition.
Abstract Iowa State senator, Des Moines City Council member, and hearing and speech consultant.
Abstract Politician and women's rights activist from Red Oak, Iowa,who ran for Iowa state representative in 1966.
Collection — Folder: 1
Abstract Farm woman and Republican state legislator from Marshalltown, Iowa.
Arrangement One folder, shelved in SCVF.
Arrangement One folder, shelved in SCVF.
Abstract The papers consist largely of correspondence between Hilda and George Allen and their three children and cover a broad range of family, social and political issues.
Abstract Organization to promote passage of an Equal Rights Amendment to the Iowa and United States constitutions.
Dates: 1916-1980; 1978-1980
Abstract Grassroots organization opposed to Iowa's ratification of the ERA to the Iowa and United States constitutions.
Abstract The organization formed in 1992 to work for passage of the state ERA in Iowa.
Abstract Political activist and Johnson County, Iowa, supervisor who was the daughter of British Prime Minister Clement Attlee.
Abstract Muscatine County Supervisor from 1976 to 1982 and Representative in the Iowa Legislature from 1983 to 1985.
Abstract State legislator from Iowa City and president of the Iowa Peace Institute.
Abstract Elected to the Iowa House of Representatives in 1982 and in 1986, she became the first woman Lieutenant Governor of Iowa.
Abstract Iowa legislator and community activist from Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
Abstract State senator from 1972 to 1980 from Grinnell, Iowa.
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 11
- Iowa. General Assembly. House of Representatives 10
- Iowa. General Assembly. Senate 9
- Republican Party (Iowa) 9
- League of Women Voters of Iowa 4
- O'Dea, Suzanne, 1950- 3
- Republican National Committee (U.S.) 3
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 3
- State University of Iowa 3
- University of Iowa 3
- American Association of University Women 2
- Iowa ERA Coalition 2
- Iowa. General Assembly 2
- Planned Parenthood Federation of America 2
- United Nations Association of the United States of America. Iowa Division 2
- Alan Guttmacher Institute 1
- Alfred University 1
- Algona High School (Algona, Iowa) 1
- Allen family 1
- Allen, George Eugene, 1887-1944 1
- Allen, Hilda Ellyson, 1988- 1
- Allen, Philip, 1915- 1
- Allen, Sewell E., 1913-1975 1
- American Association for the United Nations 1
- American Patients Association 1
- Americans for Religious Liberty 1
- Anderson, Margaret, 1928- 1
- Arizona State University 1
- Attlee, C. R. (Clement Richard), 1883-1967 1
- Attlee, Felicity 1
- Attlee, Martin 1
- Attlee, Violet 1
- Baker, Hermione Georgette Allen, 1917- 1
- Berg, Orville 1
- Branstad, Terry E. 1
- Brigance, Linda 1
- Bush, George, 1924- 1
- Campaign to Add Women to the Iowa Constitution 1
- Catholics for a Free Choice (Organization) 1
- Center for the American Woman and Politics (Eagleton Institute of Politics) 1
- Chicago Housing Authority 1
- Chisholm, Shirley, 1924-2005 1
- Cochrane, William, 1867-1941 1
- Collins, Susan 1
- Democratic Activist Women's Network. District 1 1
- Democratic Party (Iowa). State Central Committee 1
- Des Moines Human Rights Commission 1
- Doderer, Minnette, 1923-2005 1
- Drake University 1
- Duncan, Bob 1
- Eggers, Lolly, 1929- 1
- Emma Goldman Clinic 1
- Feminist Majority (Organization) 1
- Florida Women's Consortium 1
- Ford, Gerald R., 1913-2006 1
- Gammack, Katy, 1941- 1
- Grefe, Mary 1
- Grinnell College 1
- Gruhn, Josephine, 1927- 1
- Hammond, Johnie, 1932- 1
- Hannon, Beverly A., 1932- 1
- Hansen, Kathryn W. 1
- Harper, Patricia, 1932- 1
- Harris, Briana 1
- Harris, Larry 1
- Hawkeye Area Community Action Program 1
- Health Planning Council of Central Iowa 1
- Hoover Health Council (Iowa) 1
- International Conference of Girl Scouts/Guides (1965 : Acapulco, Mexico) 1
- International Women's Year, 1975 1
- Iowa Advisory Commission on Intergovernmental Relations 1
- Iowa City Public Library (Iowa City, Iowa) 1
- Iowa Commission on the Status of Women 1
- Iowa Farmers Union 1
- Iowa Freedom Foundation 1
- Iowa Health Systems Agency 1
- Iowa Peace Institute 1
- Iowa Public Broadcasting Network 1
- Iowa Public Employees Retirement System 1
- Iowa State Association of Counties 1
- Iowa State University 1
- Iowa Women Against the Equal Rights Amendment 1
- Iowa Women's Equality Campaign 1
- Iowa Women's Foundation 1
- Iowa. Secretary of State 1
- Iowa. State Board of Medical Examiners 1
- Jensen, Dorothy 1
- John F. Kennedy School of Government 1
- Johnson County Council on the Status of Women (Iowa) 1
- Johnson County ERA Coalition (Johnson County, Iowa) 1
- Johnson County Health Council (Iowa) 1
- Johnson County Women's Political Caucus (Iowa) 1
- KRNT (Television station : Des Moines, Iowa) 1
- Kuehl, Curt 1
- Landhuis, Kim, 1943- 1
- Larsen, Sonja, 1941- 1
- LePort, Donna 1
- League of Women Voters (Des Moines, Iowa) 1
- Lipsky, Joan, 1919-2015 1
- Lloyd-Jones, Jean, 1929- 1 ∧ less