Showing Collections: 181 - 200 of 281
Abstract Television journalist and politician who served as Iowa Secretary of State from 1980 to 1986.
Abstract Iowa teacher from Jefferson County who taught in rural schools for forty-four years and was active in the Iowa Federation of Women's Clubs.
Dates: 1928-2004; Other: Date acquired: 2008-01-23
Abstract Theologian, writer and lecturer whose work encompassed religious theology, philosophy and psychology.
Abstract Ohio born psychometrist who divorced in 1957 and moved to Iowa City with her daughters.
Abstract Davenport area community activist and leader in its Mexican American community.
Abstract Davenport, Iowa, woman whose parents came to Iowa from Mexico in the 1910s.
Abstract Northwest Iowa family including Robert McCown, head of the University of Iowa Libraries Department of Special Collections from 1986-1997.
Abstract The collection consists mainly of correspondence and includes the papers of early twentieth century labor activist, IWW member, and Buffalo school teacher, Pearl McGill.
Overview Educator, activist, and musician from Davenport, Iowa, who held leadership positions in UAW Local 858 and League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC).
Dates: 1987 - 2016
Abstract The Iowa Chapter of Chaparral Poets met twice yearly (fall and spring); they studied poetry, conducted a poetry contest and wrote poetry for submission to Midwest Chaparral magazine. The organization was formed in 1942 and disbanded in 2001.
Abstract Journalist for the Toledo Blade and writer of the first Nancy Drew mysteries and other children's series books; collection includes writings, clippings, scrapbooks, fan mail, photographs, and a typewriter.
Abstract Costume designer and avid traveler whose papers include an extensive collection of slides, related travel diaries, and materials pertaining to the Iran Hostage Crisis.
Abstract State legislator from Iowa City who was first elected to the Iowa House of Representatives in 1964. Arrangement Alphabetical file, 1944-1984 (Boxes 1-30) Campaign files 1966, 1968, 1977-1980 (Box 6) Lieutenant governor campaigns, 1970, 1977-1978 (Box 22-25) 1966-1988 (Box 31) 1986-2000 (Boxes 53-55) Correspondence 1944-1984 (Boxes 10-15) 1972-1990 (Boxes...
Abstract Davenport family that emigrated from Mexico in the 1910s.
Abstract Mona Martin (1934- ) served in the Iowa House of Representatives from Scott County from 1993-2001.
Abstract Cultural women's club in Fort Madison, Iowa which focused on intellectual improvement through study and reading.
Abstract Organization opposed to genetically modified organisms.
Abstract Migrant agency that advocated for agricultural laborers employed temporarily on eastern Iowa farms.
Abstract Champion hog breeder, farm woman, 4-H leader, and president of the Iowa Porkettes.
- Subject: 2001-2010 X
- University of Iowa 29
- State University of Iowa 25
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 6
- Iowa. General Assembly. House of Representatives 5
- Mason, Kären 5
- American Association of University Women 4
- Grinnell College 4
- League of United Latin American Citizens. Council 10 (Davenport, Iowa) 4
- League of Women Voters of Johnson County, Iowa 4
- United Nations Association of the United States of America. Iowa Division 4
- University of Iowa. Hospitals and Clinics 4
- University of Iowa. Libraries. Iowa Women's Archives 4
- American National Red Cross 3
- City High School (Iowa City, Iowa) 3
- Iowa Commission on the Status of Women 3
- Iowa State Teachers College 3
- Iowa State University 3
- Iowa. General Assembly. Senate 3
- Jones, Virginia Shrauger, 1921- 3
- League of Women Voters of Iowa 3
- O'Brien, Denise, 1949- 3
- Shrauger, Cornelia Prentiss, 1896-1985 3
- United Nations Association of the United States of America 3
- Atlantic High School (Atlantic, Iowa) 2
- Camp Fire Girls. Iowana Council 2
- Day, Cornelia, 1919-2004 2
- Englert, Edna Rummelhart, 1902-2005 2
- Everett family 2
- Everett, Beverly, 1926-2001 2
- Fox, Margaret, 1912-2010 2
- Girl Scouts of the United States of America 2
- Glandorf, Gil 2
- Griffin, Edna, 1909-2000 2
- Hemm, Joan, 1957- 2
- Hodne, Carol 2
- Iowa Civil Liberties Union 2
- Iowa Civil Rights Commission 2
- Iowa Mothers Association 2
- Iowa State College 2
- Keene, Carolyn 2
- League of United Latin American Citizens 2
- League of Women Voters (Des Moines, Iowa) 2
- Mahaska County Farm Bureau. Women's Committee 2
- Mullen, Peg, 1917-2009 2
- Muscatine Migrant Committee 2
- National Women's Conference (1st : 1977 : Houston, Tex.) 2
- Parents & Friends of Lesbians and Gays 2
- Republican Party (Iowa) 2
- Rural Women's Project (University of Iowa. Libraries. Iowa Women's Archives) 2
- Shrauger family 2
- Shrauger, Harold, Sr. 2
- Smith, Mary Louise 2
- UNICEF 2
- United Nations 2
- United States. Navy 2
- University of Iowa. College of Nursing 2
- University of Iowa. Department of History 2
- University of Iowa. School of Art and Art History 2
- University of Iowa. Women's Resource and Action Center 2
- University of Minnesota 2
- University of Northern Iowa 2
- University of Wisconsin 2
- Wirt, Mildred A. (Mildred Augustine), 1905-2002 2
- World Conference on Women 2
- Yates-Glandorf, Janie B. 2
- AIDS Coalition of Johnson County (Iowa) 1
- Achttien, Jack, -1924 1
- Adams family 1
- Adams, Monroe Milton 1
- Aguilera, Maria Mercedes, 1936-2013 1
- Albia Woman's Club (Albia, Iowa) 1
- Alfred University 1
- Algona High School (Algona, Iowa) 1
- Alliance for the Mentally Ill 1
- American Association for Health, Physical Education, and Recreation 1
- American Association for the United Nations 1
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education 1
- American Association of Dental Schools 1
- American Association of University Professors 1
- American Dental Association 1
- American Dental Hygienists' Association 1
- American Educational Research Association 1
- American Friends Service Committee 1
- American Institute of Commerce 1
- American Mission Upper Nile 1
- American Mothers, Inc. 1
- American Patients Association 1
- American Psychological Association 1
- American Theological Society 1
- Anderson, Marilyn 1
- Another Mother for Peace (Association) 1
- Anothor Mother for Peace (Association). Northeastern Iowa Chapter 1
- Archdiocesan Council of Catholic Women's (Dubuque, Iowa) 1
- Arizona State Prison 1
- Arizona State University 1
- Art Institute of Chicago 1
- Associated Country Women of the World 1
- Associated Country Women of the World. Conference 1
- Association for Intercollegiate Athletics for Women 1
- Athens History Circle (Iowa City, Iowa) 1 ∧ less