Showing Collections: 101 - 120 of 281
Abstract Iowa City group promoting friendship and understanding among women from around the world and the United States of America.
Abstract The Iowa City Area Christian Women's Club holds Friendship Bible Coffees and monthly luncheons. The ICCW formed in 1967 as an offshoot of Stonecroft Ministries.
Abstract Nondenominational and nonpartisan organization bringing Iowa women's clubs together.
Abstract The Iowa League for Nursing's efforts have included active participation in community planning and action for health care, advocating changes such as home health care. The organization made efforts to assure the continuing supply of nurses by providing them with the educational opportunities to reach their maximum career potential, ability to move into management and leadership positions, and promoting a greater public appreciation of nursing as a profession.
Abstract Newsletters of pacifist group Peace Links, based in the Northwest Iowa towns of Paullina and Primghar.
Abstract Local affiliate of the National Federation of Press Women.
Abstract Iowa chapter of the national organization.
Abstract Oral history interviews with the 'pioneers' of Iowa's women jurists.
Abstract Women's organization to fund and assist programs that create opportunities for women and girls in Iowa.
Abstract Farmwoman, 4-H leader, and volunteer who was active in the Farm Bureau and the Master Farm Homemakers Guild.
Abstract Concert vocalist and Ottumwa housewife.
Abstract Riceville, Iowa schoolteacher and anti-racism activist who pioneered diversity training with her famous "Blue Eyed, Brown Eyed" exercise
Abstract Organic farmer and activist from Johnson County, Iowa.
Abstract Iowa City high school drama and English teacher.
Abstract Geologist who worked with the Iowa Geological Survey in Iowa City for 38 years. Arrangement The Orestes St. John oversized series consists of 2 oversized boxes with two folders each in them. The first box (box 32) is titled Milligan Sketches and contains reproductions of the 6 Orestes St. John drawings in folder one and 11 mounted originals and Milligan reproductions in folder 2. The 11 mounted originals and Milligan reproductions include: 1)...
Dates: 1857-2003; 1969-2003
Abstract Substitute schoolteacher; active in PFLAG.
Abstract State legislator from Iowa City and president of the Iowa Peace Institute.
Abstract Iowa City political activist.
Abstract Records of the Shady Ladies, a Colorado based historical performance organization founded by Hemm.
- Subject: 2001-2010 X
- University of Iowa 29
- State University of Iowa 25
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 6
- Iowa. General Assembly. House of Representatives 5
- Mason, Kären 5
- American Association of University Women 4
- Grinnell College 4
- League of United Latin American Citizens. Council 10 (Davenport, Iowa) 4
- League of Women Voters of Johnson County, Iowa 4
- United Nations Association of the United States of America. Iowa Division 4
- University of Iowa. Hospitals and Clinics 4
- University of Iowa. Libraries. Iowa Women's Archives 4
- American National Red Cross 3
- City High School (Iowa City, Iowa) 3
- Iowa Commission on the Status of Women 3
- Iowa State Teachers College 3
- Iowa State University 3
- Iowa. General Assembly. Senate 3
- Jones, Virginia Shrauger, 1921- 3
- League of Women Voters of Iowa 3
- O'Brien, Denise, 1949- 3
- Shrauger, Cornelia Prentiss, 1896-1985 3
- United Nations Association of the United States of America 3
- Atlantic High School (Atlantic, Iowa) 2
- Camp Fire Girls. Iowana Council 2
- Day, Cornelia, 1919-2004 2
- Englert, Edna Rummelhart, 1902-2005 2
- Everett family 2
- Everett, Beverly, 1926-2001 2
- Fox, Margaret, 1912-2010 2
- Girl Scouts of the United States of America 2
- Glandorf, Gil 2
- Griffin, Edna, 1909-2000 2
- Hemm, Joan, 1957- 2
- Hodne, Carol 2
- Iowa Civil Liberties Union 2
- Iowa Civil Rights Commission 2
- Iowa Mothers Association 2
- Iowa State College 2
- Keene, Carolyn 2
- League of United Latin American Citizens 2
- League of Women Voters (Des Moines, Iowa) 2
- Mahaska County Farm Bureau. Women's Committee 2
- Mullen, Peg, 1917-2009 2
- Muscatine Migrant Committee 2
- National Women's Conference (1st : 1977 : Houston, Tex.) 2
- Parents & Friends of Lesbians and Gays 2
- Republican Party (Iowa) 2
- Rural Women's Project (University of Iowa. Libraries. Iowa Women's Archives) 2
- Shrauger family 2
- Shrauger, Harold, Sr. 2
- Smith, Mary Louise 2
- UNICEF 2
- United Nations 2
- United States. Navy 2
- University of Iowa. College of Nursing 2
- University of Iowa. Department of History 2
- University of Iowa. School of Art and Art History 2
- University of Iowa. Women's Resource and Action Center 2
- University of Minnesota 2
- University of Northern Iowa 2
- University of Wisconsin 2
- Wirt, Mildred A. (Mildred Augustine), 1905-2002 2
- World Conference on Women 2
- Yates-Glandorf, Janie B. 2
- AIDS Coalition of Johnson County (Iowa) 1
- Achttien, Jack, -1924 1
- Adams family 1
- Adams, Monroe Milton 1
- Aguilera, Maria Mercedes, 1936-2013 1
- Albia Woman's Club (Albia, Iowa) 1
- Alfred University 1
- Algona High School (Algona, Iowa) 1
- Alliance for the Mentally Ill 1
- American Association for Health, Physical Education, and Recreation 1
- American Association for the United Nations 1
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education 1
- American Association of Dental Schools 1
- American Association of University Professors 1
- American Dental Association 1
- American Dental Hygienists' Association 1
- American Educational Research Association 1
- American Friends Service Committee 1
- American Institute of Commerce 1
- American Mission Upper Nile 1
- American Mothers, Inc. 1
- American Patients Association 1
- American Psychological Association 1
- American Theological Society 1
- Anderson, Marilyn 1
- Another Mother for Peace (Association) 1
- Anothor Mother for Peace (Association). Northeastern Iowa Chapter 1
- Archdiocesan Council of Catholic Women's (Dubuque, Iowa) 1
- Arizona State Prison 1
- Arizona State University 1
- Art Institute of Chicago 1
- Associated Country Women of the World 1
- Associated Country Women of the World. Conference 1
- Association for Intercollegiate Athletics for Women 1
- Athens History Circle (Iowa City, Iowa) 1 ∧ less