Showing Collections: 161 - 180 of 281
Abstract Faculty member in the Department of Physical Education for Women at the State University of Iowa from 1949 to 1980.
Abstract Farm woman, teacher, and recipient of the Master Farm Homemaker award in 1970.
Abstract Des Moines resident who was a leader in women's organizations including American Mother's Inc., PTA and AAUW.
Abstract Clubwoman and activist who lived in Chicago, Albany, New York, and Iowa City.
Abstract Maria Cano came to Iowa from Guanajuato, Mexico, with her parents in 1928. She established a Spanish language interpreter program at the University of Iowa Hospitals in 1975.
Abstract Factory worker who was among the first Latinas to be hired at the International Harvester Company Farmall plant in Rock Island, Illinois.
Abstract Sioux City business owner and political activist who emigrated to the United States from Mexico in 1978.
Abstract Missionary to the Sudan who spent her childhood in Page County, Iowa, and worked in Africa from the 1940s to 1980s.
Abstract Film production company founded and directed by University of Iowa Sociology alumna Marian Rees.
Abstract Served with her husband as missionaries for the Church of the Brethren in Garkida, Nigeria from 1948 to 1961.
Abstract A homesteader who lived in Wyoming, Colorado and Washington State.
Abstract Muscatine, Iowa, writer who taught writing to senior citizens.
Abstract Peace activist and volunteer from Marion, Iowa, who was active in UNICEF for over thirty years.
Abstract Graduate of Ministry at the University of Dubuque Theological Seminary, where she was the first Unitarian Universalist student.
Abstract Photojournalist and writer who lived with Cuna Indians on the San Blas Islands to learn their culture and traditions.
Abstract Mahaska County, Iowa, farm woman who was active in 4-H and rural organizations. She recorded her daily activities in her diaries between 1935 and 1973.
Abstract Civil rights activist, community and religious leader, she was executive director of the Martin Luther King, Jr. Center for Education and Vocational Training in Waterloo.
Collection — Folder: 1
Overview Writings by a former inmate of the Iowa Training School for Girls in Mitchellville.
Dates: (1998 - 2012)
Abstract Pharmacist and professor at The University of Iowa College of Pharmacy.
- Subject: 2001-2010 X
- University of Iowa 29
- State University of Iowa 25
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 6
- Iowa. General Assembly. House of Representatives 5
- Mason, Kären 5
- American Association of University Women 4
- Grinnell College 4
- League of United Latin American Citizens. Council 10 (Davenport, Iowa) 4
- League of Women Voters of Johnson County, Iowa 4
- United Nations Association of the United States of America. Iowa Division 4
- University of Iowa. Hospitals and Clinics 4
- University of Iowa. Libraries. Iowa Women's Archives 4
- American National Red Cross 3
- City High School (Iowa City, Iowa) 3
- Iowa Commission on the Status of Women 3
- Iowa State Teachers College 3
- Iowa State University 3
- Iowa. General Assembly. Senate 3
- Jones, Virginia Shrauger, 1921- 3
- League of Women Voters of Iowa 3
- O'Brien, Denise, 1949- 3
- Shrauger, Cornelia Prentiss, 1896-1985 3
- United Nations Association of the United States of America 3
- Atlantic High School (Atlantic, Iowa) 2
- Camp Fire Girls. Iowana Council 2
- Day, Cornelia, 1919-2004 2
- Englert, Edna Rummelhart, 1902-2005 2
- Everett family 2
- Everett, Beverly, 1926-2001 2
- Fox, Margaret, 1912-2010 2
- Girl Scouts of the United States of America 2
- Glandorf, Gil 2
- Griffin, Edna, 1909-2000 2
- Hemm, Joan, 1957- 2
- Hodne, Carol 2
- Iowa Civil Liberties Union 2
- Iowa Civil Rights Commission 2
- Iowa Mothers Association 2
- Iowa State College 2
- Keene, Carolyn 2
- League of United Latin American Citizens 2
- League of Women Voters (Des Moines, Iowa) 2
- Mahaska County Farm Bureau. Women's Committee 2
- Mullen, Peg, 1917-2009 2
- Muscatine Migrant Committee 2
- National Women's Conference (1st : 1977 : Houston, Tex.) 2
- Parents & Friends of Lesbians and Gays 2
- Republican Party (Iowa) 2
- Rural Women's Project (University of Iowa. Libraries. Iowa Women's Archives) 2
- Shrauger family 2
- Shrauger, Harold, Sr. 2
- Smith, Mary Louise 2
- UNICEF 2
- United Nations 2
- United States. Navy 2
- University of Iowa. College of Nursing 2
- University of Iowa. Department of History 2
- University of Iowa. School of Art and Art History 2
- University of Iowa. Women's Resource and Action Center 2
- University of Minnesota 2
- University of Northern Iowa 2
- University of Wisconsin 2
- Wirt, Mildred A. (Mildred Augustine), 1905-2002 2
- World Conference on Women 2
- Yates-Glandorf, Janie B. 2
- AIDS Coalition of Johnson County (Iowa) 1
- Achttien, Jack, -1924 1
- Adams family 1
- Adams, Monroe Milton 1
- Aguilera, Maria Mercedes, 1936-2013 1
- Albia Woman's Club (Albia, Iowa) 1
- Alfred University 1
- Algona High School (Algona, Iowa) 1
- Alliance for the Mentally Ill 1
- American Association for Health, Physical Education, and Recreation 1
- American Association for the United Nations 1
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education 1
- American Association of Dental Schools 1
- American Association of University Professors 1
- American Dental Association 1
- American Dental Hygienists' Association 1
- American Educational Research Association 1
- American Friends Service Committee 1
- American Institute of Commerce 1
- American Mission Upper Nile 1
- American Mothers, Inc. 1
- American Patients Association 1
- American Psychological Association 1
- American Theological Society 1
- Anderson, Marilyn 1
- Another Mother for Peace (Association) 1
- Anothor Mother for Peace (Association). Northeastern Iowa Chapter 1
- Archdiocesan Council of Catholic Women's (Dubuque, Iowa) 1
- Arizona State Prison 1
- Arizona State University 1
- Art Institute of Chicago 1
- Associated Country Women of the World 1
- Associated Country Women of the World. Conference 1
- Association for Intercollegiate Athletics for Women 1
- Athens History Circle (Iowa City, Iowa) 1 ∧ less