Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 107
Abstract Fluxus artist, composer, and poet. Artworks, personal items, poetry, essays, and music scores.
Abstract American motion picture and television script writer and producer. Program scripts, department materials, memos, clippings, notes, correspondence, production budgets, and miscellaneous photographs.
Dates: 1948-1961; Majority of material found in 1951-1955
Abstract Fluxus artist. Art works, audiotapes, videotapes, exhibition catalogues, photographs, articles, poster and show announcements, and various documents and correspondence.
Abstract Poet: Kingfisher (1983), Manhattan: An Elegy (UI Center for the Book, 1990), MacArthur Fellow, 1992, Collected Poems (1997). Correspondence and typescripts of some of her writings.
Abstract Motion picture and television script writer. Slides, watercolor paintings, scripts, screenplays, short stories and novels by Ross; photographs, three recordings.
Dates: 1942-1965; Majority of material found in 1950-1965
Abstract Audio tape memoirs of Chautauqua and a manuscript relating to the work week of a Chautauqua crewman and crew chief.
Dates: 1925-1926; 1977
Abstract Artworks and other documentation related to a 1997 exhibition at the University of Iowa Museum of Art. Many Fluxus artists were included in this exhibition. Kris TigerLady 2015 addendum.
Dates: 1967 - 1997
Abstract Video by and about artists assembled for broadcast on the New York City cable networks between 1976 and 1984. The project was coordinated by Jaime Davidovich and the collection includes the cablecast material, in many cases edited in various ways for any of several anthology shows, as well as paper records. A portion of the collection has been re-recorded and is available in VHS format; a few pieces have been transcribed to DVD; and a growing number have been re-recorded digitally in DVCam and...
Abstract Co-curated by Judith Hoffberg and Joan Hugo, Artwords and Bookworks was one of the largest exhibition of artists' books and ephemera to take place during the 1970s. Comprised of experimental works by approximately six hundred contributors, the exhibition presented a diverse and provocative sampling of this alternative art form.
Abstract This ATCA collection brings together mail art, correspondence, photographs, slides, compact discs, show announcements/posters, writings, and other ephemera related to or by various artists.
Abstract Artists' and underground comics.
Dates: 1966-1993; 1969-1979
Abstract This ATCA collection brings together journals, newspapers, zines, and similar formal and informal periodicals that are art-related or have artistic merit. The range of subjects is broad and include political and cultural issues, gender and sexuality questions, as well as music, film, poetry, and religion.
Dates: 1960-2003; 1980-1995
Abstract Miscellaneous printed materials (primarily catalogs) concerning rubber stamp art. The majority of the materials in this collection were acquired by artist, author, and archivist John Held Jr. (born 1947) from William Picasso Gaglione (born 1943).
Dates: 1927-1997; 1985-1995
Abstract Television writer, producer. Consists of two series, scripts and video cassettes.
Abstract U.S. Representative from Iowa. Correspondence, subject files, legislative records, and speeches relating to his career in the Congress.
Overview Correspondence and art work by mail artist Buster Cleveland.
Abstract Author and military historian. Primarily manuscripts including various drafts, galleys, and proofs for eleven of his books. Also contains draftof book reviews, short stories, and articles along with some subject files.
Abstract Committed to the production and dissemination of systems art, CAYC was established as a multidisciplinary workshop in August of 1968. A collection of large scale works (each about 22 x 34 inches) was assembled in 1972 by Jorge Glusberg, CAYC Director, as an edition of 10 that circulated as traveling exhibitions. Apparently including about 72 works in 1972, the collection grew over time and the Iowa collection now consists of 143 diazo prints and appears to be the only extant copy. The...
Abstract Correspondence, book manuscript, clippings, incomplete brochures, talent prices having to do with traveling Chautauquas.
Abstract Records of the Cedar Rapids ticket agent for the railway, this collection consists of record books, correspondence with headquarters in Chicago, and correspondence dealing with problems of passenger transportation. Bulk dates are 1896-1899.
Dates: 1890 - 1907; Majority of material found in 1896 - 1899
- Republican Party (Iowa) 8
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 8
- University of Iowa 7
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 5
- Progressive Party (U.S. : 1948) 3
- Blanchard, Ruth 2
- Blanchard, Thomas 2
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 2
- Engle, Paul, 1908-1991 2
- Fluxus (Group of artists) 2
- Friedman, Ken 2
- Horner, Charles F. (Charles Francis), 1878-1967 2
- United States Postal Service 2
- United States. Department of Agriculture 2
- Wallace, Henry A. (Henry Agard), 1888-1965 2
- ATCA Artists' Works and Correspondence 1
- ATCA Comics 1
- ATCA Periodicals and Zines 1
- ATCA Rubber Stamp Art 1
- Albee, Edward Franklin, 1857-1930 1
- Allen, Sewell E., 1913-1975 1
- Alternative Traditions in the Contemporary Arts (Program) 1
- American Legion 1
- Army Specialized Training Program (U.S.) 1
- Artifacts of the Eternal Network 1
- Artists Television Network 1
- Artwords and Bookworks 1
- Association of College and Research Libraries 1
- B.F. Keith (Firm) 1
- Bailey, Henry B. 1
- Baldridge, Alfred E. 1
- Ballasch, Sandy 1
- Beck, Robert Knowlton, 1915- 1
- Biermann, Frederick Elliott 1
- Bissell, Bess G., 1908-1970 1
- Blanchard, Tom 1
- Blees, Robert 1
- Blunden, Edmund 1
- Blunden, Edmund, 1896-1974 1
- Bob Hanscom Players (Theatrical group) 1
- Bock, Frederick Stern 1
- Bromwell, James 1
- Brown, Lewis H. (Lewis Herold), 1894- 1
- Calhoun, Mary 1
- Calhoun, Mary Huiskamp 1
- Calkins, Asa Starkweather 1
- Calkins, Charles McNeil 1
- Calkins, John, Captain, 1785- 1
- Canan, Janine 1
- Carlson, Esther Elizabeth 1
- Carter, Steven V. 1
- Cassill, R. V. (Ronald Verlin), 1919-2002 1
- Centro de Art y Comunicaci 1
- Centro de Arte y Comunicacia (Buenos Aires, Argentina) 1
- Chicago and North Western Railway Company 1
- Chinese Writers 1
- Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.) 1
- Clampitt, Amy 1
- Clark, Dick 1
- Clark, Glenn, 1882-1956 1
- Cleveland, Buster 1
- Cleveland, Buster, -1998 1
- Coe, Charles J. (Charles Joseph), 1908- 1
- Cohen, Albert J. 1
- Colby, Anthony Owen 1
- Conroy, Frank, 1936-2005 1
- Conz, Francesco 1
- Corbin, E. Palmer 1
- Courtney, R. Keith 1
- Crane, Michael, 1948- 1
- Crary, Margaret 1
- Dennis, Agnes Jolly McConnell, 1825-1900 1
- Dennis, Bryan Francis, 1819-1909 1
- Dickinson, Lester Jesse 1
- Dolliver, James I. 1
- Drake University 1
- Dunn, Lloyd 1
- Dunn, Samuel O. 1
- Dunn, Samuel O. (Samuel Orace), 1877-1958 1
- Durland, Steven 1
- Eastman, Harold Lloyd 1
- Eisenhower, Dwight D. (Dwight David), 1890-1969 1
- Elston, Hattie Phinnette, 1900- 1
- Engle family 1
- Engle, Paul 1
- Facts for Farmers 1
- Faithfull, Starr, 1906-1931 1
- Falk, Peter, 1927-2011 1
- Farley, Angelina Calkins 1
- Farm Research, Inc. 1
- Farwell, Byron 1
- Faulkner, William, 1897-1962 1
- Feeley, J. Richard 1
- Fine, A. M. 1
- Finsterwald, Maxine 1
- FitzGerald, Edward, 1809-1883 1
- Fluxus West 1
- Frank, Lew 1
- Gaglione, Bill 1
- Gaglione, William 1 ∧ less