Showing Collections: 261 - 280 of 655
Abstract Dramatist. Subject files relating to his career and personal life, including dra s, photographs, set designs, etc. Much of the collection relates to his best known play, Dark of the Moon..
Abstract MacDougall was a collector of materials from the Henry A. Wallace's presidential campaign on the Progressive Party ticket. Includes broadsides, correspondence, and speeches, as well as Progressive Party statements, meetings, and brochures.
Dates: 1946-1950; 1948
Abstract Lecturer, author and playwright who ran the Teel School of Expression in Davenport, 1918-1934 and was later a writer and editor for the Durant News.
Dates: 1902-1973; 1920-1960
Abstract Artwork and miscellaneous documentation concerning apartheid in South Africa and/or the various installations of the traveling exhibit Images from South Africa, first shown at the Media Gallery in San Francisco from April 18th - May 10th 1986.
Dates: 1980 -1988; 1985-1986
Abstract Mexican American whose family migrated to the U.S., and eventually to Iowa, in the early twentieth century.
Abstract Transcribed diaries of a Northeast Iowa hired girl, farmwoman and mother.
Abstract Iowa City group promoting friendship and understanding among women from around the world and the United States of America.
Abstract Includes manuscripts, galley proofs, page proofs, dust jackets, and other miscellany associated with publications of many Iowa Authors.
Collection — Folder: 1
Abstract The diaries of an Iowa City woman who supported herself as a seamstress prior to her marriage in 1896.
Abstract The Iowa City Area Christian Women's Club holds Friendship Bible Coffees and monthly luncheons. The ICCW formed in 1967 as an offshoot of Stonecroft Ministries.
Abstract IowaCASA's services included securing funding for Iowa's sexual assault centers, resource development, public education initiatives on child sexual abuse, anti-pornography work, and self-defense training. After 1997 IowaCasa expanded to include work on public policy.
Abstract Organization to promote passage of an Equal Rights Amendment to the Iowa and United States constitutions.
Dates: 1916-1980; 1978-1980
Abstract Nondenominational and nonpartisan organization bringing Iowa women's clubs together.
Abstract The Iowa League for Nursing's efforts have included active participation in community planning and action for health care, advocating changes such as home health care. The organization made efforts to assure the continuing supply of nurses by providing them with the educational opportunities to reach their maximum career potential, ability to move into management and leadership positions, and promoting a greater public appreciation of nursing as a profession.
Abstract ILA was founded in Des Moines, IA in 1890 to make library service readily available to all Iowans. These records document the organization's history and current activities with reports, minutes, correspondence, photographs, district meeting files, ledgers, and membership lists.
Abstract Organization of physicians' spouses that worked to advance health and health education and to support medical families
Abstract Local chapter of the Iowa Nurses Association.
Abstract State branch of the national organization. The overall purpose of the association has been to promote and improve the professional skills and status of nurses. Arrangement Administrative Records, 1904-1989 (boxes 1-18) American Nurses Association, 1928-1989 (boxes 18-24) Committees, 1933-1989 (boxes24-34) Continuing Education, 1955-1989 (boxes 34-36) Conventions, 1904-1989 (boxes 37-44) Districts, 1920-1984 (boxes44-48) Economic...
Abstract Women's auxiliary of the Iowa Pork Producer's Association, founded in 1964. Merged with the men's organization in 1992.
- Subject: 20th century X
- Iowa Women's Archives 543
- University of Iowa Special Collections 106
- University of Iowa Archives 6
- State University of Iowa 58
- University of Iowa 42
- Republican Party (Iowa) 18
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 17
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 13
- Iowa. General Assembly. House of Representatives 10
- American Association of University Women 8
- Iowa State Teachers College 8
- League of Women Voters of Iowa 8
- Grinnell College 7
- American National Red Cross 6
- Iowa State College 6
- Mason, Kären 6
- General Federation of Women's Clubs 5
- Iowa. General Assembly. Senate 5
- State University of Iowa. Department of Home Economics 5
- United Nations Association of the United States of America. Iowa Division 5
- University of Iowa. College of Nursing 5
- University of Iowa. Libraries. Iowa Women's Archives 5
- White family 5
- City High School (Iowa City, Iowa) 4
- Daughters of the American Revolution 4
- Iowa Commission on the Status of Women 4
- Iowa State University 4
- League of Women Voters of Johnson County, Iowa 4
- Progressive Party (U.S. : 1948) 4
- Shrauger, Cornelia Prentiss, 1896-1985 4
- United Nations 4
- United States. Naval Reserve. Women's Reserve 4
- University High School (Iowa City, Iowa) 4
- University of Iowa. Hospitals and Clinics 4
- Des Moines Women's Club 3
- Drake University 3
- Ellsworth Community College (Iowa Falls, Iowa) 3
- Engle, Paul, 1908-1991 3
- Iowa Civil Rights Commission 3
- Iowa Women's Hall of Fame 3
- Jones, Virginia Shrauger, 1921- 3
- Keyes, Margaret N., 1918-2015 3
- League of United Latin American Citizens. Council 10 (Davenport, Iowa) 3
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People 3
- Ray, Robert D., 1928- 3
- Republican National Committee (U.S.) 3
- Smith, Mary Louise 3
- State University of Iowa. School of Nursing 3
- United Nations Association of the United States of America 3
- United States. Department of Agriculture 3
- United States. Navy 3
- University of Iowa. Department of Physical Education for Women 3
- University of Minnesota 3
- University of Northern Iowa 3
- University of Wisconsin 3
- Young Women's Christian Association (State University of Iowa) 3
- Young Women's Christian Association of the U.S.A. 3
- Allen, Sewell E., 1913-1975 2
- American Association for the United Nations 2
- Association for Intercollegiate Athletics for Women 2
- Atlantic High School (Atlantic, Iowa) 2
- Blanchard, Ruth 2
- Blanchard, Thomas 2
- Bourret, Joan Liffring-Zug, 1929- 2
- Branstad, Terry E. 2
- Camp Fire Girls 2
- Camp Fire Girls. Iowana Council 2
- Christen, Inez, 1906-1999 2
- Coe College 2
- Conlin, Roxanne Barton, 1944- 2
- Davis, Aldeen 2
- Day, Cornelia, 1919-2004 2
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 2
- Des Moines Art Center 2
- Ellsworth family 2
- Everett family 2
- Everett, Beverly, 1926-2001 2
- Federated Garden Clubs of Iowa 2
- Fluxus (Group of artists) 2
- Fox, Margaret, 1912-2010 2
- Friedman, Ken 2
- Furgerson, Betty Jean, 1927- 2
- Girl Scouts of the United States of America 2
- Governor Ray's Commission on the Status Of Women (Iowa) 2
- Grefe, Mary 2
- Griffin, Edna, 1909-2000 2
- Horner, Charles F. (Charles Francis), 1878-1967 2
- International Wives Club (Iowa City, Iowa) 2
- Iowa City Public Library (Iowa City, Iowa) 2
- Iowa Civil Liberties Union 2
- Iowa ERA Coalition 2
- Iowa Falls High School (Iowa Falls, Iowa) 2
- Iowa Federation of Women's Clubs 2
- Iowa League for Nursing 2
- Iowa Medical Society. Woman's Auxiliary 2
- Iowa Mother of the Year 2
- Iowa Mothers Association 2
- Iowa Nurses' Association 2
- Iowa Parent Teacher Association 2
- Iowa Porkettes 2
- Iowa Writers' Workshop 2
- Keck family 2
- Keene, Carolyn 2 ∧ less