Showing Collections: 281 - 300 of 656
Abstract Local affiliate of the National Federation of Press Women.
Abstract Commemorated the efforts of pioneer suffragists and the enfranchisement of women.
Dates: circa 1906-1941
Abstract Farmwoman, 4-H leader, and volunteer who was active in the Farm Bureau and the Master Farm Homemakers Guild.
Abstract Scott County, Iowa, farm woman who was active in 4-H and the Farm Bureau.
Abstract Concert vocalist and Ottumwa housewife.
Abstract Real estate and insurance agent. Correspondence, pamphlets, clippings, etc. relating to his interest in conservative politics and health measures.
Dates: 1913-1960; 1950-1960
Abstract Lawyer and U.S. Congressman, 1961-1965. Political and campaign related papers.
Dates: 1959 -1969
Abstract Attorney, U.S. Representative from Iowa, and Regional Legal Council for the International Cooperation Administration of the Middle East. Correspondence, speeches, and subject files relating to his career.
Dates: 1923-1962; 1940-1960
Abstract Teacher's aide, packinghouse worker, and union activist, Burleson was the first woman and first African American elected to the Fort Dodge City Council.
Abstract Riceville, Iowa schoolteacher and anti-racism activist who pioneered diversity sensitivity training with her famous "Blue Eyed, Brown Eyed" exercise
Abstract Political activist and Johnson County, Iowa, supervisor who was the daughter of British Prime Minister Clement Attlee.
Abstract Professor in the College of Education at Iowa State University until her retirement in 1994. Materials relate to the history of sports and particularly the participation of women and African-Americans in Iowa sports.
Abstract Iowa City high school drama and English teacher.
Abstract Poet and editor. Books, manuscripts,clippings, correspondence.
Abstract Geologist who worked with the Iowa Geological Survey in Iowa City for 38 years. Arrangement The Orestes St. John oversized series consists of 2 oversized boxes with two folders each in them. The first box (box 32) is titled Milligan Sketches and contains reproductions of the 6 Orestes St. John drawings in folder one and 11 mounted originals and Milligan reproductions in folder 2. The 11 mounted originals and Milligan reproductions include: 1)...
Dates: 1857-2003; 1969-2003
Abstract Professor of English and an independent scholar who taught in the Middle East and Eastern Europe as well as in Iowa.
Abstract State legislator from Iowa City and president of the Iowa Peace Institute.
Abstract Farmwoman, writer, and community volunteer near Mt. Vernon, Iowa.
Abstract First woman elected chairperson of the Jasper County Democratic Central Committee in 1972.
Dates: 1962 - 2014
- Subject: 20th century X
- Iowa Women's Archives 543
- University of Iowa Special Collections 107
- University of Iowa Archives 6
- State University of Iowa 58
- University of Iowa 42
- Republican Party (Iowa) 18
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 17
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 13
- Iowa. General Assembly. House of Representatives 10
- American Association of University Women 8
- Iowa State Teachers College 8
- League of Women Voters of Iowa 8
- Grinnell College 7
- American National Red Cross 6
- Iowa State College 6
- Mason, Kären 6
- General Federation of Women's Clubs 5
- Iowa. General Assembly. Senate 5
- State University of Iowa. Department of Home Economics 5
- United Nations Association of the United States of America. Iowa Division 5
- University of Iowa. College of Nursing 5
- University of Iowa. Libraries. Iowa Women's Archives 5
- White family 5
- City High School (Iowa City, Iowa) 4
- Daughters of the American Revolution 4
- Iowa Commission on the Status of Women 4
- Iowa State University 4
- League of Women Voters of Johnson County, Iowa 4
- Progressive Party (U.S. : 1948) 4
- Shrauger, Cornelia Prentiss, 1896-1985 4
- United Nations 4
- United States. Naval Reserve. Women's Reserve 4
- University High School (Iowa City, Iowa) 4
- University of Iowa. Hospitals and Clinics 4
- Des Moines Women's Club 3
- Drake University 3
- Ellsworth Community College (Iowa Falls, Iowa) 3
- Engle, Paul, 1908-1991 3
- Iowa Civil Rights Commission 3
- Iowa Women's Hall of Fame 3
- Jones, Virginia Shrauger, 1921- 3
- Keyes, Margaret N., 1918-2015 3
- League of United Latin American Citizens. Council 10 (Davenport, Iowa) 3
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People 3
- Ray, Robert D., 1928- 3
- Republican National Committee (U.S.) 3
- Smith, Mary Louise 3
- State University of Iowa. School of Nursing 3
- United Nations Association of the United States of America 3
- United States. Department of Agriculture 3
- United States. Navy 3
- University of Iowa. Department of Physical Education for Women 3
- University of Minnesota 3
- University of Northern Iowa 3
- University of Wisconsin 3
- Young Women's Christian Association (State University of Iowa) 3
- Young Women's Christian Association of the U.S.A. 3
- Allen, Sewell E., 1913-1975 2
- American Association for the United Nations 2
- Association for Intercollegiate Athletics for Women 2
- Atlantic High School (Atlantic, Iowa) 2
- Blanchard, Ruth 2
- Blanchard, Thomas 2
- Bourret, Joan Liffring-Zug, 1929- 2
- Branstad, Terry E. 2
- Camp Fire Girls 2
- Camp Fire Girls. Iowana Council 2
- Christen, Inez, 1906-1999 2
- Coe College 2
- Conlin, Roxanne Barton, 1944- 2
- Davis, Aldeen 2
- Day, Cornelia, 1919-2004 2
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 2
- Des Moines Art Center 2
- Ellsworth family 2
- Everett family 2
- Everett, Beverly, 1926-2001 2
- Federated Garden Clubs of Iowa 2
- Fluxus (Group of artists) 2
- Fox, Margaret, 1912-2010 2
- Friedman, Ken 2
- Furgerson, Betty Jean, 1927- 2
- Girl Scouts of the United States of America 2
- Governor Ray's Commission on the Status Of Women (Iowa) 2
- Grefe, Mary 2
- Griffin, Edna, 1909-2000 2
- Horner, Charles F. (Charles Francis), 1878-1967 2
- International Wives Club (Iowa City, Iowa) 2
- Iowa City Public Library (Iowa City, Iowa) 2
- Iowa Civil Liberties Union 2
- Iowa ERA Coalition 2
- Iowa Falls High School (Iowa Falls, Iowa) 2
- Iowa Federation of Women's Clubs 2
- Iowa League for Nursing 2
- Iowa Medical Society. Woman's Auxiliary 2
- Iowa Mother of the Year 2
- Iowa Mothers Association 2
- Iowa Nurses' Association 2
- Iowa Parent Teacher Association 2
- Iowa Porkettes 2
- Iowa Writers' Workshop 2
- Keck family 2
- Keene, Carolyn 2 ∧ less