Showing Collections: 21 - 40 of 656
Abstract Republican National Committeewoman in the 1950s and 1960s from Red Oak, Iowa.
Abstract Papers of Iowa missionary serving in Japan from 1950-1982.
Collection — Folder: 1
Abstract Diarist, mother, and minister's wife.
Abstract Professor of music. Head of music at S.U.I. Experimental Schools. Performance programs and correspondence.
Found in: University of Iowa Archives
Collection — Folder: 1
Abstract Iowa City housewife and mother whose son, Thomas Cech, won the Nobel Prize in 1989.
Arrangement Two folders, shelved in SCVF.
Arrangement Two folders, shelved in SCVF.
Abstract Journalist who wrote for Des Moines and Waterloo newspapers.
Abstract Mexican couple from the state of Guanajuato who settled permanently in Iowa in the 1910s.
Abstract Writer and volunteer who earned a doctorate in English from the University of Iowa while living with spinocerebellar degeneration.
Abstract Rural Mt. Ayr, Iowa woman who worked in local homes as a washerwoman and housekeeper.
Dates: ca. 1912-1999
Abstract Nurse, abortion rights activist and educator from Fairfield, Iowa.
Abstract Clinical psychologist and University of Iowa alumna who was a member of the Des Moines Know Your Neighbor panel.
Dates: 1946-1996; 1961-1966
Abstract Motion picture and television script writer. Slides, watercolor paintings, scripts, screenplays, short stories and novels by Ross; photographs, three recordings.
Dates: 1942-1965; 1950-1965
Abstract Audio tape memoirs of Chautauqua and a manuscript relating to the work week of a Chautauqua crewman and crew chief.
Dates: 1925-1926; 1977
Abstract Artworks and other documentation related to a 1997 exhibition at the University of Iowa Museum of Art. Many Fluxus artists were included in this exhibition. Kris TigerLady 2015 addendum.
Dates: 1967 - 1997
Abstract Video by and about artists assembled for broadcast on the New York City cable networks between 1976 and 1984. The project was coordinated by Jaime Davidovich and the collection includes the cablecast material, in many cases edited in various ways for any of several anthology shows, as well as paper records. A portion of the collection has been re-recorded and is available in VHS format; a few pieces have been transcribed to DVD; and a growing number have been re-recorded digitally in DVCam and...
Abstract Co-curated by Judith Hoffberg and Joan Hugo, Artwords and Bookworks was one of the largest exhibition of artists' books and ephemera to take place during the 1970s. Comprised of experimental works by approximately six hundred contributors, the exhibition presented a diverse and provocative sampling of this alternative art form.
Abstract This ATCA collection brings together mail art, correspondence, photographs, slides, compact discs, show announcements/posters, writings, and other ephemera related to or by various artists.
Abstract Artists' and underground comics.
Dates: 1966-1993; 1969-1979
Abstract This ATCA collection brings together journals, newspapers, zines, and similar formal and informal periodicals that are art-related or have artistic merit. The range of subjects is broad and include political and cultural issues, gender and sexuality questions, as well as music, film, poetry, and religion.
Dates: 1960-2003; 1980-1995
Abstract Miscellaneous printed materials (primarily catalogs) concerning rubber stamp art. The majority of the materials in this collection were acquired by artist, author, and archivist John Held Jr. (born 1947) from William Picasso Gaglione (born 1943).
Dates: 1927-1997; 1985-1995
- Subject: 20th century X
- Iowa Women's Archives 543
- University of Iowa Special Collections 107
- University of Iowa Archives 6
- State University of Iowa 58
- University of Iowa 42
- Republican Party (Iowa) 18
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 17
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 13
- Iowa. General Assembly. House of Representatives 10
- American Association of University Women 8
- Iowa State Teachers College 8
- League of Women Voters of Iowa 8
- Grinnell College 7
- American National Red Cross 6
- Iowa State College 6
- Mason, Kären 6
- General Federation of Women's Clubs 5
- Iowa. General Assembly. Senate 5
- State University of Iowa. Department of Home Economics 5
- United Nations Association of the United States of America. Iowa Division 5
- University of Iowa. College of Nursing 5
- University of Iowa. Libraries. Iowa Women's Archives 5
- White family 5
- City High School (Iowa City, Iowa) 4
- Daughters of the American Revolution 4
- Iowa Commission on the Status of Women 4
- Iowa State University 4
- League of Women Voters of Johnson County, Iowa 4
- Progressive Party (U.S. : 1948) 4
- Shrauger, Cornelia Prentiss, 1896-1985 4
- United Nations 4
- United States. Naval Reserve. Women's Reserve 4
- University High School (Iowa City, Iowa) 4
- University of Iowa. Hospitals and Clinics 4
- Des Moines Women's Club 3
- Drake University 3
- Ellsworth Community College (Iowa Falls, Iowa) 3
- Engle, Paul, 1908-1991 3
- Iowa Civil Rights Commission 3
- Iowa Women's Hall of Fame 3
- Jones, Virginia Shrauger, 1921- 3
- Keyes, Margaret N., 1918-2015 3
- League of United Latin American Citizens. Council 10 (Davenport, Iowa) 3
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People 3
- Ray, Robert D., 1928- 3
- Republican National Committee (U.S.) 3
- Smith, Mary Louise 3
- State University of Iowa. School of Nursing 3
- United Nations Association of the United States of America 3
- United States. Department of Agriculture 3
- United States. Navy 3
- University of Iowa. Department of Physical Education for Women 3
- University of Minnesota 3
- University of Northern Iowa 3
- University of Wisconsin 3
- Young Women's Christian Association (State University of Iowa) 3
- Young Women's Christian Association of the U.S.A. 3
- Allen, Sewell E., 1913-1975 2
- American Association for the United Nations 2
- Association for Intercollegiate Athletics for Women 2
- Atlantic High School (Atlantic, Iowa) 2
- Blanchard, Ruth 2
- Blanchard, Thomas 2
- Bourret, Joan Liffring-Zug, 1929- 2
- Branstad, Terry E. 2
- Camp Fire Girls 2
- Camp Fire Girls. Iowana Council 2
- Christen, Inez, 1906-1999 2
- Coe College 2
- Conlin, Roxanne Barton, 1944- 2
- Davis, Aldeen 2
- Day, Cornelia, 1919-2004 2
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 2
- Des Moines Art Center 2
- Ellsworth family 2
- Everett family 2
- Everett, Beverly, 1926-2001 2
- Federated Garden Clubs of Iowa 2
- Fluxus (Group of artists) 2
- Fox, Margaret, 1912-2010 2
- Friedman, Ken 2
- Furgerson, Betty Jean, 1927- 2
- Girl Scouts of the United States of America 2
- Governor Ray's Commission on the Status Of Women (Iowa) 2
- Grefe, Mary 2
- Griffin, Edna, 1909-2000 2
- Horner, Charles F. (Charles Francis), 1878-1967 2
- International Wives Club (Iowa City, Iowa) 2
- Iowa City Public Library (Iowa City, Iowa) 2
- Iowa Civil Liberties Union 2
- Iowa ERA Coalition 2
- Iowa Falls High School (Iowa Falls, Iowa) 2
- Iowa Federation of Women's Clubs 2
- Iowa League for Nursing 2
- Iowa Medical Society. Woman's Auxiliary 2
- Iowa Mother of the Year 2
- Iowa Mothers Association 2
- Iowa Nurses' Association 2
- Iowa Parent Teacher Association 2
- Iowa Porkettes 2
- Iowa Writers' Workshop 2
- Keck family 2
- Keene, Carolyn 2 ∧ less