Showing Collections: 61 - 80 of 656
Abstract Mapleton, Iowa high school student who sent telegrams for Western Union during World War II.
Abstract Community activist from Red Oak, Iowa.
Abstract Iowa legislator from 1976 to 1990.
Abstract Teacher, social worker, human rights commission director, and university regent from Waterloo.
Collection — Folder: 1
Abstract Waterloo, Iowa resident who served on Governor Ray's Commission on the Status of Women.
Arrangement One folder, shelved in SCVF.
Arrangement One folder, shelved in SCVF.
Abstract Scrapbook and correspondence to her parents during her student years at the State University of Iowa.
Abstract Correspondence between Wapello farm woman and two Polish families after World War II.
Abstract Two-term Iowa state senator. Hannon chaired the Human Resources Committee and was instrumental in founding the Iowa Women's Foundation in Iowa City.
Abstract Family farmer, volunteer, and community activist who served on U.S. National Commission for UNESCO and the International Women's Year Commission.
Abstract Social worker, community activist, and civic administrator who founded the Quad Cities Conference on Black Families, Inc.
Dates: 1957-1995; 1976-1991
Abstract Autograph book and genealogy of 19th century Iowa woman.
Abstract Puerto Rican woman who served in the Women's Army Corps during World War II and trained at Fort Des Moines, Iowa.
Abstract The club was a social group gathered in homes to review books.
Abstract The club was organized in 1911 for the social and intellectual benefit of the ladies of Boone and the surrounding area.
Abstract Social and philanthropic club organized in 1947 by African American women in Fort Madison, Iowa
Abstract The Bowersox family settled in Johnson County, Iowa in approximately 1855. The papers include a family account book, school exams and teaching certificates.
Dates: 1861-2002; 1888-1945
Abstract Correspondence and other papers of this nineteenth-century family that resided in the Hudson River Valley of New York.
Found in: University of Iowa Archives
Abstract The family lived in New York state until 1910 when they moved to Iowa.Â The diaries are from several generations.
- Subject: 20th century X
- Iowa Women's Archives 543
- University of Iowa Special Collections 107
- University of Iowa Archives 6
- State University of Iowa 58
- University of Iowa 42
- Republican Party (Iowa) 18
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 17
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 13
- Iowa. General Assembly. House of Representatives 10
- American Association of University Women 8
- Iowa State Teachers College 8
- League of Women Voters of Iowa 8
- Grinnell College 7
- American National Red Cross 6
- Iowa State College 6
- Mason, Kären 6
- General Federation of Women's Clubs 5
- Iowa. General Assembly. Senate 5
- State University of Iowa. Department of Home Economics 5
- United Nations Association of the United States of America. Iowa Division 5
- University of Iowa. College of Nursing 5
- University of Iowa. Libraries. Iowa Women's Archives 5
- White family 5
- City High School (Iowa City, Iowa) 4
- Daughters of the American Revolution 4
- Iowa Commission on the Status of Women 4
- Iowa State University 4
- League of Women Voters of Johnson County, Iowa 4
- Progressive Party (U.S. : 1948) 4
- Shrauger, Cornelia Prentiss, 1896-1985 4
- United Nations 4
- United States. Naval Reserve. Women's Reserve 4
- University High School (Iowa City, Iowa) 4
- University of Iowa. Hospitals and Clinics 4
- Des Moines Women's Club 3
- Drake University 3
- Ellsworth Community College (Iowa Falls, Iowa) 3
- Engle, Paul, 1908-1991 3
- Iowa Civil Rights Commission 3
- Iowa Women's Hall of Fame 3
- Jones, Virginia Shrauger, 1921- 3
- Keyes, Margaret N., 1918-2015 3
- League of United Latin American Citizens. Council 10 (Davenport, Iowa) 3
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People 3
- Ray, Robert D., 1928- 3
- Republican National Committee (U.S.) 3
- Smith, Mary Louise 3
- State University of Iowa. School of Nursing 3
- United Nations Association of the United States of America 3
- United States. Department of Agriculture 3
- United States. Navy 3
- University of Iowa. Department of Physical Education for Women 3
- University of Minnesota 3
- University of Northern Iowa 3
- University of Wisconsin 3
- Young Women's Christian Association (State University of Iowa) 3
- Young Women's Christian Association of the U.S.A. 3
- Allen, Sewell E., 1913-1975 2
- American Association for the United Nations 2
- Association for Intercollegiate Athletics for Women 2
- Atlantic High School (Atlantic, Iowa) 2
- Blanchard, Ruth 2
- Blanchard, Thomas 2
- Bourret, Joan Liffring-Zug, 1929- 2
- Branstad, Terry E. 2
- Camp Fire Girls 2
- Camp Fire Girls. Iowana Council 2
- Christen, Inez, 1906-1999 2
- Coe College 2
- Conlin, Roxanne Barton, 1944- 2
- Davis, Aldeen 2
- Day, Cornelia, 1919-2004 2
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 2
- Des Moines Art Center 2
- Ellsworth family 2
- Everett family 2
- Everett, Beverly, 1926-2001 2
- Federated Garden Clubs of Iowa 2
- Fluxus (Group of artists) 2
- Fox, Margaret, 1912-2010 2
- Friedman, Ken 2
- Furgerson, Betty Jean, 1927- 2
- Girl Scouts of the United States of America 2
- Governor Ray's Commission on the Status Of Women (Iowa) 2
- Grefe, Mary 2
- Griffin, Edna, 1909-2000 2
- Horner, Charles F. (Charles Francis), 1878-1967 2
- International Wives Club (Iowa City, Iowa) 2
- Iowa City Public Library (Iowa City, Iowa) 2
- Iowa Civil Liberties Union 2
- Iowa ERA Coalition 2
- Iowa Falls High School (Iowa Falls, Iowa) 2
- Iowa Federation of Women's Clubs 2
- Iowa League for Nursing 2
- Iowa Medical Society. Woman's Auxiliary 2
- Iowa Mother of the Year 2
- Iowa Mothers Association 2
- Iowa Nurses' Association 2
- Iowa Parent Teacher Association 2
- Iowa Porkettes 2
- Iowa Writers' Workshop 2
- Keck family 2
- Keene, Carolyn 2 ∧ less