Showing Collections: 1 - 18 of 18
Abstract Nurse, abortion rights activist and educator from Fairfield, Iowa.
Abstract Two-term Iowa state senator. Hannon chaired the Human Resources Committee and was instrumental in founding the Iowa Women's Foundation in Iowa City.
Abstract Member of the Iowa House of Representatives,1967 to 1969, and the Iowa Senate, 1969 to 1973.
Abstract Iowa state legislator. Correspondence and subject files relating to legislative issues, Charles City and Iowa City, Iowa, and the Iowa Development Commission.
Abstract Republican who served in Iowa House of Representatives from 1980 to 1994.
Abstract Iowa State Legislator. Subject files and correspondence relating to his service in the legislature and in the Iowa Attorney General's office.
Abstract Iowa State senator, Des Moines City Council member, and hearing and speech consultant.
Abstract The Commission addressed issues such as the Equal Rights Amendment (ERA), abortion reform, daycare, equal pay for equal work, and sex discrimination in employment, insurance, and education. At the end of 1970, the GCSW reported two major legislative accomplishments: the passage of no-fault divorce laws and the addition of sex to the Iowa Civil Rights Act of 1965.
Dates: 1964-2003; 1969-1976
Abstract Iowa state legislator. Correspondence and subject files relating to his service in the Iowa house and senate. Issues range from abortion to apportionment, however Gallagher's primary interest were energy and conservation.
Abstract Filmmaker whose documentary From One Place to Another: Emma Goldman Clinic Stories explores the history of the Emma Goldman Clinic.
Abstract 1939 graduate from the State University of Iowa College of Law who worked for the U. S. Department of the Interior between 1943 and 1964.
Abstract On April 25, 2004, pro-choice activists went to Washington, D.C., to participate in the March for Women's Lives, a protest against the pro-life policies of President George W. Bush's administration.
Abstract First woman to chair the Republican National Committee, serving from 1974 to 1977. Co-founder of the Louise Noun-Mary Louise Smith Iowa Women's Archives.
Abstract Theologian, writer and lecturer whose work encompassed religious theology, philosophy and psychology.
Abstract Local chapter of the national association.
Abstract The group was formed in 1973. The purpose of the group was to improve and expand the role of women in society and it supported the Equal Rights Amendment, safe and legal abortion among other issues.
Abstract Iowa state legislator. Correspondence and subject files relating to his legislative career. Topics range from abortion to the courts and from child care to the Republican Party.
Abstract The Reproductive Rights Coalition of Iowa City (RRCIC) formed in January 1989 in response to Operation Rescue's attempt to shut down a local abortion clinic.
- Subject: Abortion X
- Iowa Women's Archives 14
- University of Iowa Special Collections 4
- Republican Party (Iowa) 5
- Iowa. General Assembly. Senate 3
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 2
- Emma Goldman Clinic 2
- Iowa Commission on the Status of Women 2
- Iowa. General Assembly. House of Representatives 2
- National Abortion and Reproductive Rights Action League 2
- Planned Parenthood Federation of America 2
- Ray, Robert D., 1928- 2
- University of Iowa. Libraries. Iowa Women's Archives 2
- Alan Guttmacher Institute 1
- American Association for the United Nations 1
- American Association of University Women 1
- American Theological Society 1
- Americans for Religious Liberty 1
- Blackmun, Harry A. (Harry Andrew), 1908-1999 1
- Britton, Jennifer 1
- Brooks, Beth 1
- Brown, Ralph 1
- Bush, George, 1924- 1
- Campbell, Lorna 1
- Carpenter, Dorothy, 1933- 1
- Cassilano, Flora 1
- Catholics for a Free Choice (Organization) 1
- Chicago Theological Seminary 1
- Conklin, Charlene, 1929- 1
- Curtin, Barb 1
- Dayhoff, Arlene 1
- Des Moines Human Rights Commission 1
- Drake University 1
- Durden, Betty 1
- Erickson, LeAnn 1
- Feminist Majority (Organization) 1
- Ford, Gerald R., 1913-2006 1
- Gallagher, James V. 1
- Goetsch, Dorothy 1
- Goldsmith, Judith 1
- Governor Ray's Commission on the Status Of Women (Iowa) 1
- Greene, Diane 1
- Hamilton, Sharon 1
- Hannon, Beverly A., 1932- 1
- Harris, Joan 1
- Hergenreter, Jane McDermott 1
- Hill, Philip 1
- Himschoot, Nickol 1
- Iowa Commission for the Blind 1
- Iowa Conservation Education Center 1
- Iowa Development Commission 1
- Iowa ERA Coalition 1
- Iowa Energy Policy Council 1
- Iowa Farm Bureau Federation 1
- Iowa State University 1
- Iowa Women's Foundation 1
- Jens, Arlene, 1926- 1
- Kaefring, Gina 1
- Lewis, Edwin C. 1
- March For Women's Lives. Iowa Delegation 1
- Marylanders for the Right to Choose (Organization) 1
- McDermott, George T. 1
- McDermott, James S. 1
- McDermott, Katherine Stewart 1
- McElroy, Peg 1
- McKee, Alice 1
- National Abortion Rights Action League 1
- National Abortion Rights Action League of Iowa 1
- National Conference of Christians and Jews 1
- National Federation of Republican Women 1
- National Organization for Women 1
- National Organization for Women. Dubuque Chapter 1
- National Organization for Women. Iowa 1
- Nelsen, Kimela 1
- New Directions for Women (Organization) 1
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994 1
- Noun, Louise R. 1
- Nye, Deb 1
- Ossorio, Peter G. 1
- Planned Parenthood of Mid-Iowa 1
- President's Commission for the Observance of the 25th Anniversary of the United Nations 1
- Pressley, Patti 1
- Reagan, Ronald 1
- Reproductive Rights Coalition of Iowa City 1
- Republican National Committee (U.S.) 1
- Republican National Committee (U.S.). Women's Division 1
- Republican National Convention 1
- Republican National Convention (31st : 1976 : Kansas City, Mo.) 1
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 1
- Rey, Laurie 1
- Rhomberg, Ann 1
- Rockefeller, Nelson A. (Nelson Aldrich), 1908-1979 1
- Sand, Gayle 1
- Schwilck, Lucille, 1904- 1
- Shideler, Emerson, -1992 1
- Shideler, Mary McDermott, 1917-2000 1
- Smith, Elmer M. 1
- Smith, Mary Louise 1
- Society for Descriptive Psychology (U.S.) 1
- Starr, Alicia 1
- State University of Iowa 1
- State University of Iowa. College of Law 1
- Swarthmore College 1 ∧ less