Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 164
Abstract Records of the oldest auto dealership in Iowa, including financial records, newsletters, and photographs.
Abstract Poet: Kingfisher (1983), Manhattan: An Elegy (UI Center for the Book, 1990), MacArthur Fellow, 1992, Collected Poems (1997). Correspondence and typescripts of some of her writings.
Abstract Audio tape memoirs of Chautauqua and a manuscript relating to the work week of a Chautauqua crewman and crew chief.
Dates: 1925-1926; 1977
Abstract This ATCA collection brings together mail art, correspondence, photographs, slides, compact discs, show announcements/posters, writings, and other ephemera related to or by various artists.
Abstract Physician. Correspondence, clippings, notebooks, and other papers.
Abstract Drafts of A Change and a Parting, a memoir of growing up in Amana in the 1930s.
Abstract Papers of Reverend Joseph Mayo Batchelder and his wife. Included are about 50 letters, written in the 1840s and 1850s, mostly from Peoria, Illinois and Owego, New York; an account book dated from 1848-1884; and a diary dated from 1847-1848. Manuscript sermons, and other items.
Dates: 1847-1976; 1860-1890
Abstract Records of income and expenses kept by a dentist in Maquoketa, Iowa.
Abstract Iron casting company in Davenport, Iowa. Includes blueprints, budgets, correspondence, publicity, and photographs.
Abstract Correspondence, chiefly love letters, between amateur printers Smith and Turnepseed, together with a few additional materials, including copies of their co-edited Literary Newsette. Many of Smith's letters document his activities training as a navigator in the United States Army Air Force, 1943-1944.
Overview Correspondence and art work by mail artist Buster Cleveland.
Abstract Diary of an unknown soldier in Company C, 4th Infantry C.V., who was assigned to a detail guarding a wagon train carrying species to the East.
Abstract 23 photographs of Doris Julian, Stephen Van Ophuigsen, Coleman Dowell, Jose Quintero and others; 16 photograph postcards including Gertrude Stein and Alice B. Toklas; 75 photographs of celebrities (lacking no. 18); several drafts and related correspondence for Gertrude Stein: An Epilogue.
Abstract Complete records of a pioneer law firm and several of its predecessors, including correspondence, account books, ledgers, cases, journals, and receipts.
Abstract Transcripts of interviews with Sutherland Dows and W.M. Schneider concerning the history and operation of the CRANDIC Railway.
Dates: 1953 - 1973
Abstract Budgets, correspondence, clippings, photographs, and other material.
Dates: 1874 - 1973; 1935 - 194
Abstract Correspondence, account books, reports, lists, attendance registers, minutes, rosters of officers, publicity material, programs, and financial records.
Dates: 1923 - 1958
Abstract Committed to the production and dissemination of systems art, CAYC was established as a multidisciplinary workshop in August of 1968. A collection of large scale works (each about 22 x 34 inches) was assembled in 1972 by Jorge Glusberg, CAYC Director, as an edition of 10 that circulated as traveling exhibitions. Apparently including about 72 works in 1972, the collection grew over time and the Iowa collection now consists of 143 diazo prints and appears to be the only extant copy. The...
Abstract Correspondence, book manuscript, clippings, incomplete brochures, talent prices having to do with traveling Chautauquas.
Scope and Contents This collection contains notes, source materials, drafts and proofs for two non-fiction books: Bats. (1969) and Stranger in the Storm (Abelard-Schuman, 1972). Original title: Birds Flying High.
Dates: 1969 - 1972
- University of Iowa 13
- Wallace, Henry A. (Henry Agard), 1888-1965 3
- Blanchard, Ruth 2
- Blanchard, Thomas 2
- Fluxus (Group of artists) 2
- Horner, Charles F. (Charles Francis), 1878-1967 2
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 2
- ATCA Artists' Works and Correspondence 1
- Alden, Ebenezer 1
- Allen Motor Company 1
- Allen, Edwin Lee 1
- Allen, Woody 1
- Alternative Traditions in the Contemporary Arts (Program) 1
- Amana Society 1
- American Legion 1
- American Wildlife Institute 1
- Amtrak 1
- Army Specialized Training Program (U.S.) 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railroad Company 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 1
- Bailey, Henry B. 1
- Baldridge, Alfred E. 1
- Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Company 1
- Batchelder Family 1
- Batchelder, Joseph Mayo, 1822- 1
- Batchelor family 1
- Biklen, Wayne 1
- Biklen, Wayne M. 1
- Bissell, Bess G., 1908-1970 1
- Bixby, Newell W. 1
- Bixby, Newell Willard 1
- Blackhawk Foundry and Machine Company 1
- Blackhawk Foundry and Machine Company (Davenport, Iowa) 1
- Blair, Amos S. 1
- Blanchard, Tom 1
- Blunden, Edmund 1
- Blunden, Edmund, 1896-1974 1
- Bob Hanscom Players (Theatrical group) 1
- Bollinger, James W. (James Wills), 1867-1951 1
- Bonner family 1
- Bonney, Josiah 1
- Bonney, Josiah H., 1817-1887 1
- Booth, T. E. 1
- Booth, Thomas Eyre, 1842-1927 1
- Bourjaily, Vance 1
- Bourjaily, Vance, 1922-2010 1
- Bradley, Duane 1
- Brewer, Luther Albertus, 1858-1933 1
- Brigham Young University 1
- Bronson, Charles E. 1
- Brown, Hazel E. 1
- Brown, Lewis H. (Lewis Herold), 1894- 1
- Bunuel, Luis 1
- Bunuel, Luis, 1900-1983 1
- Burdick, Eugene 1
- Burdick, Eugene L. 1
- CSX Transportation (Firm) 1
- Calhoun, Mary 1
- Calhoun, Mary Huiskamp 1
- Calkin, Homer L. 1
- Calkins, Asa Starkweather 1
- Calkins, Charles McNeil 1
- Calkins, John, Captain, 1785- 1
- Canadian Pacific Railway Company 1
- Canan, Janine 1
- Carlson, Esther Elizabeth 1
- Carr & Carr 1
- Carr and Carr 1
- Carr, Edward M. 1
- Carr, Gertrude M. 1
- Carr, Gertrude Martha, 1907-2005 1
- Carr, Hubert 1
- Carver, Thomas N. 1
- Carver, Thomas Nixon, 1865-1961 1
- Cassill, R. V. (Ronald Verlin), 1919-2002 1
- Cedar Rapids Area Chamber of Commerce 1
- Cedar Rapids Symphony Orchestra 1
- Cedar Rapids and Iowa City Railway Co. 1
- Central Railroad of New Jersey 1
- Centro de Art y Comunicaci 1
- Centro de Arte y Comunicacia (Buenos Aires, Argentina) 1
- Chehak, Tom 1
- Chicago and North Western Railway Company 1
- Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul, and Pacific Railroad Company 1
- Childs Family 1
- Childs family 1
- Chinese Writers 1
- Christisen, D. M. 1
- Clampitt, Amy 1
- Clark and Haddock Law Firm 1
- Clark, Ezekial 1
- Clark, Glenn, 1882-1956 1
- Cleveland, Buster 1
- Cleveland, Buster, -1998 1
- Coffee House Press 1
- Colby, Anthony Owen 1
- Committee of Seven 1
- Committee of Small Magazine Editors and Publishers (U.S.) 1
- ConRail 1
- Cone, Marvin Dorwart, 1891-1965 1 ∧ less