Showing Collections: 141 - 160 of 1016
Abstract Records of the Cedar Rapids ticket agent for the railway, this collection consists of record books, correspondence with headquarters in Chicago, and correspondence dealing with problems of passenger transportation. Bulk dates are 1896-1899.
Dates: 1890 - 1907; 1896 - 189
Abstract Letters of the Childsfamily in Philadelphia , Pennsylvania and members of the family in Clinton County , Iowa , including the towns of Low Moor, Lyons, and Camanche. Though the correspondence is carried on during the Civil War, the letters have mostly to do with domestic affairs.
Dates: 1849-1889; 1860-1870
Abstract University of Iowa graduate and laboratory assistant who was active in student government and served as a steward in AFSCME Local 12.
Abstract Appanoose County 4-H leader, farmer, and teacher.
Abstract Multi-volume memoir of a Mormon woman who was an educator, poet and advocate for the mentally ill.
Dates: 1954 - 2002
Abstract Sports administrator, professor, and gender equity activist.
Dates: 1952-2009; 1970-2005
Abstract Records for the Milwaukee Road, Amtrak, and the B&O railroads, with some materials from the Elgin, Joliet and Eastern (EJ&E), the Central Railroad of New Jersey (CNJ), the Nickel Plate Railroad (NKP), and Acheson, Topeka and Santa Fe (AT&SF) lines from the 1880s to the early 1990s.
Abstract Ecumenical organization.
Abstract Johnson County, Iowa chapter of Church Women United.
Collection — Folder: 1
Abstract Organization made up of representatives of the mothers' clubs of Des Moines schools.
Arrangement 1 folder shelved in SCVF.
Arrangement 1 folder shelved in SCVF.
Dates: 1905-1908; Other: Date acquired: 2011-10-18
Abstract Free-lance writer, home economics teacher, and civic leader who wrote articles and diaries concerning life in Iowa, China, and Wisconsin.
Abstract Professional papers and academic records.
Abstract Correspondence, account books, and docket books of the law firm of Clark & Haddock.
Dates: 1859-1874; Majority of material found within 1870-1871
Abstract Articles, clippings, correspondence, lectures, photographs, etc.
Abstract Harris worked in radiation detection instrumentation. She was active in the Johnson County League of Women Voters and the Johnson County Alliance for the Mentally Ill.
Abstract Scott County, Iowa, Farm Bureau women's club.
Abstract Attorney, Iowa Railroad Commissioner and candidate for the U.S. Senate. Correspondence, speeches, notes and other material relating primarily to legal disputes involving transportation of agricultural products.
Abstract Local branch of the Iowa Women's Political Caucus.
Abstract A social and benevolent women's club near Atlantic, Iowa.
- Subject: Archives X
- Iowa Women's Archives 801
- University of Iowa Special Collections 164
- University of Iowa Archives 51
- University of Iowa 71
- State University of Iowa 68
- Iowa. General Assembly. House of Representatives 20
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 19
- Republican Party (Iowa) 19
- Iowa. General Assembly. Senate 12
- American Association of University Women 10
- Iowa Commission on the Status of Women 9
- Iowa State Teachers College 9
- League of Women Voters of Iowa 9
- University of Iowa. Hospitals and Clinics 8
- Drake University 7
- Grinnell College 7
- Iowa State College 7
- University of Iowa. Libraries. Iowa Women's Archives 7
- American National Red Cross 6
- Iowa Women's Hall of Fame 6
- Mason, Kären 6
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 6
- University of Northern Iowa 6
- General Federation of Women's Clubs 5
- Iowa State University 5
- Iowa Women's Political Caucus 5
- League of United Latin American Citizens. Council 10 (Davenport, Iowa) 5
- State University of Iowa. Department of Home Economics 5
- United Nations 5
- United Nations Association of the United States of America. Iowa Division 5
- University of Iowa. College of Nursing 5
- University of Iowa. Department of English 5
- White family 5
- City High School (Iowa City, Iowa) 4
- Daughters of the American Revolution 4
- Emma Goldman Clinic 4
- Iowa Mother of the Year 4
- League of Women Voters of Johnson County, Iowa 4
- Republican National Committee (U.S.) 4
- Shrauger, Cornelia Prentiss, 1896-1985 4
- State University of Iowa. School of Nursing 4
- United States. Naval Reserve. Women's Reserve 4
- University High School (Iowa City, Iowa) 4
- University of Iowa. Department of History 4
- University of Iowa. Women's Resource and Action Center 4
- Association for Intercollegiate Athletics for Women 3
- Coe College 3
- Des Moines Women's Club 3
- Ellsworth Community College (Iowa Falls, Iowa) 3
- Engle, Paul, 1908-1991 3
- Everett, Beverly, 1926-2001 3
- Girl Scouts of the United States of America 3
- Iowa Civil Rights Commission 3
- Iowa Cornets (Basketball team) 3
- Iowa Farm Bureau Federation 3
- Iowa Porkettes 3
- Jones, Virginia Shrauger, 1921- 3
- Keene, Carolyn 3
- Keyes, Margaret N., 1918-2015 3
- League of United Latin American Citizens 3
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People 3
- National Organization for Women 3
- National Organization for Women. Iowa 3
- National Women's Political Caucus (U.S.) 3
- Noun, Louise R. 3
- O'Dea, Suzanne, 1950- 3
- Planned Parenthood Federation of America 3
- Smith, Mary Louise 3
- United Nations Association of the United States of America 3
- United States. Navy 3
- University of Iowa. Department of Physical Education and Dance 3
- University of Iowa. Department of Physical Education for Women 3
- University of Iowa. Women's Studies Program 3
- University of Minnesota 3
- University of Wisconsin 3
- Veterans Administration Hospital (Iowa City, Iowa) 3
- Wallace, Henry A. (Henry Agard), 1888-1965 3
- Wirt, Mildred A. (Mildred Augustine), 1905-2002 3
- Women's Professional Basketball League 3
- Womens International League for Peace and Freedom 3
- YWCA of Greater Des Moines 3
- Young Women's Christian Association (State University of Iowa) 3
- Young Women's Christian Association of the U.S.A. 3
- Amana Society 2
- American Association for the United Nations 2
- Anderson, Margaret, 1928- 2
- Artists In Action (Muscatine, Iowa) 2
- Atlantic High School (Atlantic, Iowa) 2
- Blanchard, Ruth 2
- Blanchard, Thomas 2
- Braunwarth, Sarah, 1853-1927 2
- Camp Fire Girls 2
- Camp Fire Girls. Iowana Council 2
- Campbell, Bonnie J., 1948- 2
- Central College (Pella, Iowa) 2
- Conlin, Roxanne Barton, 1944- 2
- Conroy, Frank, 1936-2005 2
- Cornell College (Mount Vernon, Iowa) 2
- Crawford family 2
- Darling, Jay N. (Jay Norwood), 1876-1962 2
- Davis, Aldeen 2
- Day, Cornelia, 1919-2004 2
- Des Moines Art Center 2 ∧ less