Showing Collections: 21 - 40 of 137
Abstract Author and English instructor at St. Ambrose University, Davenport, Iowa.
Abstract Author, librarian, and professor of library science who was a WAVE during World War II.
Collection — Floor: 1
Overview Iowa-born historian and author who attended Vassar College.
Dates: 1881 - 1912
Abstract Children's author and Iowa's first Newbery Award winner. This collection consists of a manuscript and various clippings. Iowa Author Mss.
Abstract Born in Ontario 1943, awarded a PhD in American literature by Pennsylvania State University in 1970, taught at Iowa from 1970 to 1986, retired to write. Perhaps best known for Rambo, the central character of his 1972 novel First Blood, which lead to the Rambo films starring Sylvester Stallone, Morrell has written numerous novels as well as screen- and teleplays. The growing collection of his papers includes video and audio tapes as well as research notes, correspondence, and manuscripts.
Abstract Iowa native who wrote for the Cedar Rapids Gazette, LIFE magazine, and other periodicals.
Abstract Journalist who reported on Camp Dodge in Iowa during World War I.
Abstract Editor, novelist and professor of journalism at the University of Montana. Typescript drafts and related correspondence for several short stories and her novel, The Hanging Tree. Also some family correspondence and photographs. Johnson wrote Liberty Valence and A Man Called Horse, both, like The Hanging Tree, made into motion pictures.
Abstract Manuscripts and related materials for several of Mrs. Bradley's titles, including Electing a President (1963) and Sew It and Wear It (1966).
Abstract Author, artist, and amateur historian from Washington County, Iowa.
Abstract Novelist. Correspondence, scrapbooks, subject files, preliminary drafts of his writings.
Abstract Writer and multimedia artist who received her doctorate from the University of Iowa.
Abstract Printmaker and artist, Simmons wrote and illustrated a number of books for children.
Abstract Cedar Rapids native who worked on the radio show 'The Quiz Kids.'
Abstract Farm magazine writer.
Abstract Author and businessman from Iowa , best known for his short story Pigs is Pigs. The papers consist of correspondence to and from Butler about his writing and the Author's League of America . His wife's correspondence is also included.
Abstract Playwright, biographer and novelist. Holograph notebooks containing first drafts of several historical novels, printer's copies, and correspondence are included. There are audiotapes of her research for Potomac Squire, a book about George Washington.
Scope and Contents There are no contents, the information for this collection has been moved to the Iowa Author’s Manuscript Collection, MsC0869.
Abstract Author and co-author of such books as The Ugly American and Fail-Safe. This collection contains a manuscript for the book The Blue of Capricorn, and the serialized version of Fail-Safe, as well as clippings relating to Burdick. Iowa Author Ms.
- Subject: Authors X
- University of Iowa Special Collections 77
- Iowa Women's Archives 59
- University of Iowa Archives 1
- University of Iowa 16
- State University of Iowa 7
- Drake University 3
- Engle, Paul, 1908-1991 3
- Grinnell College 2
- Iowa State University 2
- Keene, Carolyn 2
- Muehl, Lois Baker 2
- Nancy Drew Conference (University of Iowa : 1993) 2
- Wirt, Mildred A. (Mildred Augustine), 1905-2002 2
- Aldrich, Bess Streeter, 1881-1954 1
- Allen family 1
- Allen, George Eugene, 1887-1944 1
- Allen, Hilda Ellyson, 1988- 1
- Allen, Lewis, 1905-1986 1
- Allen, Philip, 1915- 1
- Allen, Sewell E., 1913-1975 1
- Amana Society 1
- American Institute of Graphic Arts 1
- American National Red Cross 1
- American Theological Society 1
- Armitage, Merle 1
- Atwood, Roy Alden 1
- Authors' League of America 1
- Bach, Marcus 1
- Bailey, Alfred M. 1
- Baker, Carl 1
- Baker, Hermione Georgette Allen, 1917- 1
- Barzun, Jacques 1
- Beebe, Lucius Morris, 1902-1966 1
- Beran family 1
- Beran, Janice A. 1
- Bergmann family 1
- Bergmann, Gustav, 1906-1987 1
- Bergmann, Leola Nelson, 1912-2011 1
- Berry, Venise T. 1
- Beth El Jacob Synagogue (Des Moines, Iowa) 1
- Bissell, Bess G., 1908-1970 1
- Bissell, Richard Pike 1
- Blake, William, 1757-1827 1
- Bliven, Bruce 1
- Bliven, Bruce, 1889-1977 1
- Bock, Frederick Stern 1
- Bonham, Catherine 1
- Booker, Nellie, 1918-2002 1
- Bourjaily, Vance 1
- Bourjaily, Vance, 1922-2010 1
- Bowman family 1
- Bowman, Annabelle 1
- Boyd, Susan, 1927- 1
- Boyle, T. Coraghessan 1
- Bradley, Duane 1
- Brant, Irving 1
- Braverman, Rosalie, 1910-2010 1
- Brindley family 1
- Brown, Lewis H. (Lewis Herold), 1894- 1
- Bucey family 1
- Buckley, Irene Coleman, 1904-2006 1
- Bucksbaum, Carolyn 1
- Bunkers, Suzanne L. 1
- Burdick, Eugene 1
- Burdick, Eugene L. 1
- Burgess family 1
- Burgess, Nellie 1
- Butler, Ellis Parker 1
- Calhoun, Mary 1
- Calhoun, Mary Huiskamp 1
- Calkin, Homer L. 1
- Canan, Janine 1
- Carhart, Arthur 1
- Carlson, Esther Elizabeth 1
- Carmack, Patricia Jo 1
- Cassill, R. V. (Ronald Verlin), 1919-2002 1
- Cheever, Lawrence Oakley 1
- Cherry, Kittredge, 1957- 1
- Chicago Theological Seminary 1
- Childs, Lue Prentiss, 1902-1968 1
- Childs, Malissa 1
- Childs, Marquis 1
- Chinese Writers 1
- Clark, Betty Jean, 1920-2005 1
- Clark, Glenn, 1882-1956 1
- Coe College 1
- Colby, Anthony Owen 1
- Collins, Max Allan 1
- Conroy, Frank, 1936-2005 1
- Corey, Paul 1
- Cowles, Gardner, 1861-1946 1
- Crane, Amanda Jean 1
- Crary, Margaret 1
- Cripliver family 1
- Darling, Jay N. (Jay Norwood), 1876-1962 1
- Daughters of the American Revolution. Washington County Chapter (Washington County, Iowa) 1
- Davidson, Osha Gray 1
- Davis, Laura 1
- DeLand family 1
- DeLand, Ida Sherman 1
- DeLand, Mary Lurene Swope, 1896-1978 1
- Denver Museum of Natural History 1
- Des Mond, Lucy 1 ∧ less