Showing Collections: 101 - 120 of 137
Abstract Moville, Iowa, farm wife and columnist for the Sioux City Farm Journal Weekly.
Abstract An ongoing collection of materials related to the 1993 Nancy Drew Conference and Mildred Wirt Benson.
Abstract Author of numerous books for young adults, many on science subjects. Collection includes manuscripts and correspondence about, among other titles, Follow the Golden Goose (1971) and Coils, Magnets and Rings (1976).
Abstract The local branch was formed in 1963 and awards prize money to students.
Abstract The National League of American Pen Women, Quad Cities Branch was established in 1976 to serve as an outlet for area women writers to communicate. The group organized scholarship competitions for high school student writers.
Abstract Local chapter formed in 1932.
Abstract Newspaper reporter and author of poems and essays. The collection includes scrapbooks and photograph albums.
Abstract Newspaper columnist and writer from Washington County, Iowa, who was interested in conservation and historic preservation.
Dates: 1932-1967; 1965-1967; Other: Date acquired: 20010000
Abstract Free-lance journalist and author of Broken Heartland and Under Fire. Correspondence, research notes, and preliminary drafts of his writings.
Dates: 1987 -; Other: Date acquired: 19950000
Overview This collection is comprised of photographs, letters, paintings, and manuscripts of Ruth Suckow, family, and friends.
Abstract Writer Three Miles Square (1939), environmentalist, and animal activist. Correspondence, subject files, scrapbooks, and preliminary drafts of writings.
Dates: 1920 - 1992
Abstract Poet (numerous books from Worn Earth, 1932), editor of the O. Henry Prize Stories, 1954-1959, director of the Iowa Writers' Workshop, 1941-1967, and co-founder and director of the International Writers' Program, 1967-1976 at the University of Iowa. Literary manuscripts, correspondence, subject files, and student works documenting his career as a writer and teacher.
Abstract Chilean essayist and poet. This collection contains over 900 letters to Lastra written by renowned South American writers.
Abstract The family came to Iowa City in 1905 when Henry Prentiss established the Anatomy Department at the State University of Iowa.
Abstract Typescript and holograph drafts, galley proofs, editor's notes, source material, etc., documenting the writings of this Dubuque novelist and author of 7 1/2 Cents (1953), the basis of the musical hit, The Pajama Game (1954, filmed 1957).
Scope and Contents This collection contains only the manuscript for With Friends Possessed: A Life of Edward Fitzgerald.
Abstract Community activist in civic and Jewish organizations in Iowa City, Iowa.
Abstract The manuscript of this national prize-winning short story by a twenty-two year old Davenport native.
Abstract Journalist and children's author from Union, Iowa.
- Subject: Authors X
- University of Iowa Special Collections 77
- Iowa Women's Archives 59
- University of Iowa Archives 1
- University of Iowa 16
- State University of Iowa 7
- Drake University 3
- Engle, Paul, 1908-1991 3
- Grinnell College 2
- Iowa State University 2
- Keene, Carolyn 2
- Muehl, Lois Baker 2
- Nancy Drew Conference (University of Iowa : 1993) 2
- Wirt, Mildred A. (Mildred Augustine), 1905-2002 2
- Aldrich, Bess Streeter, 1881-1954 1
- Allen family 1
- Allen, George Eugene, 1887-1944 1
- Allen, Hilda Ellyson, 1988- 1
- Allen, Lewis, 1905-1986 1
- Allen, Philip, 1915- 1
- Allen, Sewell E., 1913-1975 1
- Amana Society 1
- American Institute of Graphic Arts 1
- American National Red Cross 1
- American Theological Society 1
- Armitage, Merle 1
- Atwood, Roy Alden 1
- Authors' League of America 1
- Bach, Marcus 1
- Bailey, Alfred M. 1
- Baker, Carl 1
- Baker, Hermione Georgette Allen, 1917- 1
- Barzun, Jacques 1
- Beebe, Lucius Morris, 1902-1966 1
- Beran family 1
- Beran, Janice A. 1
- Bergmann family 1
- Bergmann, Gustav, 1906-1987 1
- Bergmann, Leola Nelson, 1912-2011 1
- Berry, Venise T. 1
- Beth El Jacob Synagogue (Des Moines, Iowa) 1
- Bissell, Bess G., 1908-1970 1
- Bissell, Richard Pike 1
- Blake, William, 1757-1827 1
- Bliven, Bruce 1
- Bliven, Bruce, 1889-1977 1
- Bock, Frederick Stern 1
- Bonham, Catherine 1
- Booker, Nellie, 1918-2002 1
- Bourjaily, Vance 1
- Bourjaily, Vance, 1922-2010 1
- Bowman family 1
- Bowman, Annabelle 1
- Boyd, Susan, 1927- 1
- Boyle, T. Coraghessan 1
- Bradley, Duane 1
- Brant, Irving 1
- Braverman, Rosalie, 1910-2010 1
- Brindley family 1
- Brown, Lewis H. (Lewis Herold), 1894- 1
- Bucey family 1
- Buckley, Irene Coleman, 1904-2006 1
- Bucksbaum, Carolyn 1
- Bunkers, Suzanne L. 1
- Burdick, Eugene 1
- Burdick, Eugene L. 1
- Burgess family 1
- Burgess, Nellie 1
- Butler, Ellis Parker 1
- Calhoun, Mary 1
- Calhoun, Mary Huiskamp 1
- Calkin, Homer L. 1
- Canan, Janine 1
- Carhart, Arthur 1
- Carlson, Esther Elizabeth 1
- Carmack, Patricia Jo 1
- Cassill, R. V. (Ronald Verlin), 1919-2002 1
- Cheever, Lawrence Oakley 1
- Cherry, Kittredge, 1957- 1
- Chicago Theological Seminary 1
- Childs, Lue Prentiss, 1902-1968 1
- Childs, Malissa 1
- Childs, Marquis 1
- Chinese Writers 1
- Clark, Betty Jean, 1920-2005 1
- Clark, Glenn, 1882-1956 1
- Coe College 1
- Colby, Anthony Owen 1
- Collins, Max Allan 1
- Conroy, Frank, 1936-2005 1
- Corey, Paul 1
- Cowles, Gardner, 1861-1946 1
- Crane, Amanda Jean 1
- Crary, Margaret 1
- Cripliver family 1
- Darling, Jay N. (Jay Norwood), 1876-1962 1
- Daughters of the American Revolution. Washington County Chapter (Washington County, Iowa) 1
- Davidson, Osha Gray 1
- Davis, Laura 1
- DeLand family 1
- DeLand, Ida Sherman 1
- DeLand, Mary Lurene Swope, 1896-1978 1
- Denver Museum of Natural History 1
- Des Mond, Lucy 1 ∧ less