Showing Collections: 121 - 137 of 137
Scope and Contents There are no contents, the information for this collection has been moved to the Iowa Author’s Manuscript Collection, MsC0869.
Abstract Journalist and essayist. Correspondence, typescripts, notes, reviews, published copies, etc. relating to his literary career and his contributions to beat literature and the new journalism movement.
Abstract Benjamin Shambaugh (1871-1940) was a University of Iowa professor of political science and, for many years, superintendent of the State Historical Society of Iowa. He and his wife, Bertha (1870-1953), hosted many scholars' visits to the University.
Found in: University of Iowa Archives
Overview Writer born in Cedar Rapids. Collection includes extensive pre-publication materials for Mossman's highly regarded novel, The Stones of Summer (1972) as well as drafts written while a student in the Writer's Workshop.
Dates: 1966 - 1972
Abstract Journalist and writer who published several articles in Mademoiselle. She also served as University of Iowa First Lady from 1969-1981.
Abstract English professor and diarist whose academic publications focus on women's history and diaries. Her own diaries reflect both her professional development and her personal life.
Abstract Family papers and subject files concerning women artists, women writers, and peace activism in Northwest Iowa.
Abstract English professor. Correspondence, subject, and research files documenting Mabbott's scholarly pursuits and his hobbies. It is primarily made up of research files relating to Edgar Allan Poe.
Overview Novelist and story writer. Preliminary drafts, notes, revisions, and galley proofs for three of his novels, including a highly successful circus novel, Gus the Great (1947).
Abstract Journalist and publisher. Managing editor of The Daily Iowan as a student, later wrote for newspapers including the New York Times and the Omaha World Herald. Collection consists of drafts for A Fellow of Infinite Jest (1946), a biography of Laurence Sterne, and his own autobiography, The Time of My Life.
Dates: 1946 and Undated
Scope and Contents Novelist and Writers' Workshop instructor. Typescript with notes and revisions of his novel, A Game Men Play (Dial Press, 1980). Iowa Authors Ms.
Dates: -; 1980
Abstract Author of books for children, president of the Morrison Book Company. Correspondence, preliminary drafts and art work for her books including There's Only One You (1978) and Going On a Dig (1981).
Dates: 1953 - 1982
Collection — Folder: 1
Abstract Childhood memories of an Eastern Iowa teacher, writer, and farmwoman.
Arrangement One folder, shelved in SCVF.
Arrangement One folder, shelved in SCVF.
Abstract Novelist and associate professor of journalism and mass communication at the University of Iowa.
Abstract Award-winning novelist, story writer, essayist, historian, English professor at Stanford, and frontline conservationist. Preliminary drafts and proofs for seven novels.
Dates: 1957 - 1977
Abstract Consists of audio recordings, biographical information, correspondence, and materials relating to Mr. Van Dine's editorial positions with Much Ado and Upward. Also included in this collection are several manuscripts and typescripts of poems, essays, and short stories as well as Mr. Van Dine's memories of his time spent as an undergraduate at the State University of Iowa in the 1920s. Photographs, speeches.
- Subject: Authors X
- University of Iowa Special Collections 77
- Iowa Women's Archives 59
- University of Iowa Archives 1
- University of Iowa 16
- State University of Iowa 7
- Drake University 3
- Engle, Paul, 1908-1991 3
- Grinnell College 2
- Iowa State University 2
- Keene, Carolyn 2
- Muehl, Lois Baker 2
- Nancy Drew Conference (University of Iowa : 1993) 2
- Wirt, Mildred A. (Mildred Augustine), 1905-2002 2
- Aldrich, Bess Streeter, 1881-1954 1
- Allen family 1
- Allen, George Eugene, 1887-1944 1
- Allen, Hilda Ellyson, 1988- 1
- Allen, Lewis, 1905-1986 1
- Allen, Philip, 1915- 1
- Allen, Sewell E., 1913-1975 1
- Amana Society 1
- American Institute of Graphic Arts 1
- American National Red Cross 1
- American Theological Society 1
- Armitage, Merle 1
- Atwood, Roy Alden 1
- Authors' League of America 1
- Bach, Marcus 1
- Bailey, Alfred M. 1
- Baker, Carl 1
- Baker, Hermione Georgette Allen, 1917- 1
- Barzun, Jacques 1
- Beebe, Lucius Morris, 1902-1966 1
- Beran family 1
- Beran, Janice A. 1
- Bergmann family 1
- Bergmann, Gustav, 1906-1987 1
- Bergmann, Leola Nelson, 1912-2011 1
- Berry, Venise T. 1
- Beth El Jacob Synagogue (Des Moines, Iowa) 1
- Bissell, Bess G., 1908-1970 1
- Bissell, Richard Pike 1
- Blake, William, 1757-1827 1
- Bliven, Bruce 1
- Bliven, Bruce, 1889-1977 1
- Bock, Frederick Stern 1
- Bonham, Catherine 1
- Booker, Nellie, 1918-2002 1
- Bourjaily, Vance 1
- Bourjaily, Vance, 1922-2010 1
- Bowman family 1
- Bowman, Annabelle 1
- Boyd, Susan, 1927- 1
- Boyle, T. Coraghessan 1
- Bradley, Duane 1
- Brant, Irving 1
- Braverman, Rosalie, 1910-2010 1
- Brindley family 1
- Brown, Lewis H. (Lewis Herold), 1894- 1
- Bucey family 1
- Buckley, Irene Coleman, 1904-2006 1
- Bucksbaum, Carolyn 1
- Bunkers, Suzanne L. 1
- Burdick, Eugene 1
- Burdick, Eugene L. 1
- Burgess family 1
- Burgess, Nellie 1
- Butler, Ellis Parker 1
- Calhoun, Mary 1
- Calhoun, Mary Huiskamp 1
- Calkin, Homer L. 1
- Canan, Janine 1
- Carhart, Arthur 1
- Carlson, Esther Elizabeth 1
- Carmack, Patricia Jo 1
- Cassill, R. V. (Ronald Verlin), 1919-2002 1
- Cheever, Lawrence Oakley 1
- Cherry, Kittredge, 1957- 1
- Chicago Theological Seminary 1
- Childs, Lue Prentiss, 1902-1968 1
- Childs, Malissa 1
- Childs, Marquis 1
- Chinese Writers 1
- Clark, Betty Jean, 1920-2005 1
- Clark, Glenn, 1882-1956 1
- Coe College 1
- Colby, Anthony Owen 1
- Collins, Max Allan 1
- Conroy, Frank, 1936-2005 1
- Corey, Paul 1
- Cowles, Gardner, 1861-1946 1
- Crane, Amanda Jean 1
- Crary, Margaret 1
- Cripliver family 1
- Darling, Jay N. (Jay Norwood), 1876-1962 1
- Daughters of the American Revolution. Washington County Chapter (Washington County, Iowa) 1
- Davidson, Osha Gray 1
- Davis, Laura 1
- DeLand family 1
- DeLand, Ida Sherman 1
- DeLand, Mary Lurene Swope, 1896-1978 1
- Denver Museum of Natural History 1
- Des Mond, Lucy 1 ∧ less