Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
Abstract Japanese American activist who, after being interned in a War Relocation Center during World War II, travelled extensively and was heavily involved in human and civil rights campaigns in Iowa City and beyond.
Dates: 1944-2012; Other: Date acquired: 2012-12-06
Abstract Diary of an unknown soldier in Company C, 4th Infantry C.V., who was assigned to a detail guarding a wagon train carrying species to the East.
Abstract Unitarian Universalist minister and daughters of Iowa State Senator Vera Shivvers
Abstract Novelist. Correspondence, scrapbooks, subject files, preliminary drafts of his writings.
Abstract Includes diaries of Georgia Peeso Haygarth of Spencer, Iowa and of her father, Melvin Moses Peeso, who was a logger in California.
Abstract Poet and editor. Books, manuscripts,clippings, correspondence.
Abstract Geology graduate of the University of Iowa who traveled to Japan and Venezuela to work for oil companies.
Abstract Social worker who worked for the American National Red Cross during and after World War II.
Abstract Educator, author, and columnist. Speeches, newspaper columns, and articles about education. Also includes sound recordings, video tapes, and filmstrips.
Dates: 1933-1982; 1960-1980
Abstract Artist, writer and teacher from Ira, Iowa who studied with Grant Wood.
Abstract Judge and educator. Subject files and correspondence documenting his career. Includes speeches, court cases, genealogy, and memorial tribute.
- Subject: California X
- Iowa Women's Archives 7
- University of Iowa Special Collections 5
- State University of Iowa 2
- American National Red Cross 1
- Atlantic Refining Company 1
- Canan, Janine 1
- Costantino, A. Mori, 1924 - 2020 1
- Costantino, Anthony 1
- Gebers, Nellie M., 1901-1995 1
- Halferty family 1
- Haygarth, Georgia Peeso, 1882-1952 1
- Hensley, Grace Ricketts 1
- Iowa City Human Relations Commission (Iowa City, Iowa) 1
- Iowa Civil Liberties Union 1
- Iowa Civil Rights Commission 1
- Iowa Commission on the Status of Women 1
- Iowa School Masters' Walt Whitman Club 1
- Keran, Amy Halferty 1
- League of Women Voters of Johnson County, Iowa 1
- Moolick family 1
- Peeso family 1
- Peeso, Melvin Moses 1
- Rafferty, Max 1
- Reger-Wilkinson, Mary Frances, 1909-2006 1
- Ricketts, Ruth Keran 1
- Sabin, Edwin L. 1
- Sabin, Henry, 1829-1918 1
- Schobert family 1
- Schobert, Wilda Jean, 1920-2002 1
- Sepulveda Unitarian Universalist Society 1
- Shivvers, Charlotte, 1935- 1
- Shivvers, John, -1962 1
- Taylor, Zachary, 1784-1850 1
- Thomas, Seth 1
- United States. Court of Appeals (8th Circuit) 1
- University of Iowa 1
- Unknown soldier 1
- Wescott family 1
- Wescott, Ada Mae 1
- Wescott, Eugene 1
- Wescott, Geneva Moolick 1
- Wescott, Gwendolyn 1
- Wescott, Lois, 1916- 1
- Wescott, Roy 1
- Wescott, Verne 1
- Wilkinson, Bernard, -1962 1
- Wilson, Thyria Kathleen 1
- Womens International League for Peace and Freedom 1
- Wood, Grant, 1891-1942 1 ∧ less