Showing Collections: 1 - 13 of 13
Abstract A writer of biographies for children (on Columbus, Clara Barton, Lafayette and LaSalle, among others), Mrs. Graham also published more than 300 songs and Strike Up the Band! (1949), a collection of short biographies of American band musicians. Both her books and songs are represented in her papers.
Abstract Holdings are the manuscript of Silver Heels, a book for children. Iowa Authors Mss.
Abstract Novelist. Correspondence, scrapbooks, subject files, preliminary drafts of his writings.
Abstract Novelist, story writer and author of children's books, including Hot Rod, a best-seller for 30 years. Correspondence and literary manuscripts.
Abstract Includes manuscripts, galley proofs, page proofs, dust jackets, and other miscellany associated with publications of many Iowa Authors.
Abstract Notebooks of a collector of children's books, artwork, and other items by children's author Marguerite de Angeli.
Abstract Subject files documenting Robertson's literary career, including typescript drafts of Henry Reed's Big Show (1958) and The Crow and the Castle (1967). There are also folders of correspondence, research, royalty statements, etc., all relating to the writing and publishing of his children's books and short stories. Iowa Author Mss.
Abstract Armed Services librarian during World War II, and University of Iowa professor in the School of Library and Information Science.
Abstract Well-known children's author. This collection consists of several versions of her manuscript for Magic in the Alley. Iowa Author Ms.
Abstract An ongoing collection of materials related to the 1993 Nancy Drew Conference and Mildred Wirt Benson.
Abstract Author of numerous books for young adults, many on science subjects. Collection includes manuscripts and correspondence about, among other titles, Follow the Golden Goose (1971) and Coils, Magnets and Rings (1976).
Abstract Journalist and children's author from Union, Iowa.
Abstract Author of books for children, president of the Morrison Book Company. Correspondence, preliminary drafts and art work for her books including There's Only One You (1978) and Going On a Dig (1981).
Dates: 1953 - 1982
- Subject: Children's literature X
- University of Iowa Special Collections 10
- Iowa Women's Archives 3
- University of Iowa 2
- Bissell, Bess G., 1908-1970 1
- Brown, Lewis H. (Lewis Herold), 1894- 1
- Calhoun, Mary 1
- Calhoun, Mary Huiskamp 1
- Carlson, Esther Elizabeth 1
- Cassill, R. V. (Ronald Verlin), 1919-2002 1
- Christie, Caroline Mabry 1
- Christie, Caroline Mabry, 1887- 1
- Clark, Glenn, 1882-1956 1
- Colby, Anthony Owen 1
- Crary, Margaret 1
- Drake University 1
- Eastman, Harold Lloyd 1
- Elston, Hattie Phinnette, 1900- 1
- Felsen, Henry Gregor 1
- Graham, Alberta Powell 1
- Iowa Author's 1
- Johns-Manville, Incorporated 1
- Keene, Carolyn 1
- Morrison, Velma Ford 1
- Nancy Drew Conference (University of Iowa : 1993) 1
- Newsome, Louane, 1906-2004 1
- Radio Corporation of America 1
- Robertson, Keith 1
- Rosheim, David L. 1
- Rowan, Edward Beatty, 1898-1946 1
- Sabin, Edwin L. 1
- Sabin, Henry, 1829-1918 1
- Saunders, William Irving 1
- Simpson, Frank B. 1
- Smith, Grace Noll, 1878-1974 1
- Smith, Lewis Worthington, 1866-1947 1
- Taylor, Zachary, 1784-1850 1
- United States. Army 1
- United States. Navy 1
- University of Iowa. Libraries. Iowa Women's Archives 1
- University of Iowa. School of Library and Information Science 1
- Veglahn, Nancy 1
- Ver Duft, Lee, 1910- 1
- Ward, Leo R. (Leo Richard), 1893- 1
- Weir family 1
- Weir, Ruth Cromer, 1902-1998 1
- Wirt, Mildred A. (Mildred Augustine), 1905-2002 1
- Zaffiras, George John, 1917- 1 ∧ less