Showing Collections: 21 - 40 of 121
Abstract High school educator in dramatic arts. Awarded first Ph.D. in dramatic arts from an American university, received from the University of Iowa in 1932.
Found in: University of Iowa Archives
Abstract Speeches, articles, and correspondence of a judge of the Eight Circuit Court of Appeals.
Abstract Physician and book collector. Photographs, financial records, clippings and memorabilia.
Abstract State senator, farmer, and bank president. Primarily speeches about agriculture, with newspaper clippings, campaign literature, and correspondence.
Abstract Medical Examiner of Dallas County at the time of the assassination of President Kennedy, Rose performed the autopsies on Lee Harvey Oswald and Jack Ruby. The reports and projector slides for these autopsies are here, as well as pathology slides for Ruby. Rose also kept clippings files on items related to the assassination, including a series on conspiracy theories. Clippings for other events of the latter half of the twentieth century such as Watergate and the Clinton impeachment are included...
Abstract Lawyer, Government official, and U.S. Representative from Iowa. Correspondence, and speeches, including material on Iowa politics and government.
Abstract Iowa state legislator, attorney, and broadcasting station executive. Senate bills, correspondence, speeches, and subject files ranging from the Democratic Party to the Townsend National Recovery Plan document his career in Iowa 's state senate.
Dates: 1936 - 1973; 1936-1942
Abstract Iowa state senator, lieutenant governor of Iowa, Democratic candidate for governor of Iowa, delegate to Democratic National Convention, and U.S. District Court Judge for Northern District of Iowa. Correspondence, speeches, telegrams, campaign material, press releases, photographs, newspaper clippings, tape recordings, phonograph recordings, and scrapbooks.
Dates: 1942-1964; 1960-1970
Overview Piper's notes on Western ballads, with music for some; other folk materials including rimes, riddles, games, folk sayings, quadrille calls, slang, superstitions, and folk remedies.
Abstract Legal papers, diplomas, certificates of appointments, scrapbook, 2 issues of Keosauqua, Iowa, newspapers (1852-58), and other papers.
Abstract Printmaker and artist, Simmons wrote and illustrated a number of books for children.
Scope and Contents There are no contents, the information for this collection has been moved to the Iowa Author’s Manuscript Collection, MsC0869.
Abstract Lawyer, judge, and professor. Personal and business correspondence, diaries, and speeches on painting. Most of the material dates before 1880, while McClain was a law student at the University of Iowa.
Dates: 1869 - 1915
Abstract Twelfth president of the University of Iowa, 1934-1940.
Found in: University of Iowa Archives
Abstract Author and co-author of such books as The Ugly American and Fail-Safe. This collection contains a manuscript for the book The Blue of Capricorn, and the serialized version of Fail-Safe, as well as clippings relating to Burdick. Iowa Author Ms.
Abstract Holograph manuscripts of two of Frank Conroy's published books, Stop-time (1967) and Body & Soul (1993).
Abstract Minister. Correspondence, sermons, and tax returns.
Abstract Editorial cartoonist for the Des Moines Register. 100 original drawings, cartoons with over-lays and color processes, engraving printing plates, correspondence, photos and other papers.
Dates: 1951 - 1983; 1960-1980
Abstract Attorney, Congressman, and judge. Correspondence, family and personal records, with court decisions and speeches.
Dates: 1841-1965; 1940-1970
- Subject: Clippings (information artifacts) X
- University of Iowa Special Collections 110
- University of Iowa Archives 11
- Republican Party (Iowa) 7
- University of Iowa 7
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 5
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 5
- Blanchard, Ruth 2
- Blanchard, Thomas 2
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 2
- United States. Navy 2
- University of Iowa. . Department of Geology 2
- Wallace, Henry A. (Henry Agard), 1888-1965 2
- Albee, Edward Franklin, 1857-1930 1
- Alexander, Archie Alphonse 1
- Allen Motor Company 1
- Allen, Arthur Francis 1
- Allen, Woody 1
- American Bar Association 1
- American College Testing Program 1
- American Farm Bureau Federation 1
- American Farm Foundation 1
- American Federation of Arts 1
- American Legion 1
- American Wildlife Institute 1
- Amherst College 1
- B.F. Keith (Firm) 1
- Baxter, Raymond W. 1
- Beck, Robert K. 1
- Bissell, Bess G., 1908-1970 1
- Blanchard, Tom 1
- Bob Hanscom Players (Theatrical group) 1
- Breen, Edward J. 1
- Brown, Hazel E. 1
- Brown, Lewis H. (Lewis Herold), 1894- 1
- Burdick, Eugene 1
- Burdick, Eugene L. 1
- Cain Park Theatre 1
- Calhoun, Mary 1
- Calhoun, Mary Huiskamp 1
- Calvin, S. (Samuel), 1840-1911 1
- Calvin, Samuel 1
- Carlson, Esther Elizabeth 1
- Cassill, R. V. (Ronald Verlin), 1919-2002 1
- Cedar Rapids Area Chamber of Commerce 1
- Cedar Rapids and Iowa City Railway Co. 1
- Childs, Marquis 1
- Clark, Glenn, 1882-1956 1
- Clarke, George 1
- Cohen, Albert J. 1
- Colby, Anthony Owen 1
- Committee for a National Trade Policy (U.S.) 1
- Committee of Seven 1
- Communist Party of America 1
- Cone, Marvin Dorwart, 1891-1965 1
- Conlon, Paul 1
- Conroy, Frank, 1936-2005 1
- Cornell College (Mount Vernon, Iowa) 1
- Coverdale, John Walter 1
- Crary, Margaret 1
- Crawford and Eastwood Families 1
- Crawford family 1
- Crowl, Denton Chester 1
- Cunningham, Paul Harvey 1
- Darling, Jay N. 1
- Darling, Jay N. (Jay Norwood), 1876-1962 1
- Davenport Besler Corportation 1
- Davenport Locomotive Works 1
- Davenport-Besler Corporation 1
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 1
- Des Moines Art Center 1
- Dickinson, Lester Jesse 1
- Donovan family 1
- Dow family 1
- Dows, Sutherland 1
- Drake University 1
- Eastman, Harold Lloyd 1
- Eastwood family 1
- Eichelberger, Clark M. 1
- Eicher, Edward Clayton, 1878-1944 1
- Eisenhower, Dwight D. (Dwight David), 1890-1969 1
- Eisenschiml, Otto 1
- Eisenschiml, Otto, 1880-1963 1
- Elbert, John Downs 1
- Elbert, S. LeRoy 1
- Elbert, Samuel Hitt, 1833-1899 1
- Elijah, Earl 1
- Elston, Hattie Phinnette, 1900- 1
- Engle family 1
- Engle, Paul 1
- Engle, Paul, 1908-1991 1
- Evans, Dina Rees 1
- Faulkner, William, 1897-1962 1
- Feeley, J. Richard 1
- First Presbyterian Church (Iowa City, Iowa) 1
- French, Alice 1
- General Wildlife Federation 1
- Geological Survey (U.S.) 1
- Gilchrist, Fred Cramer, 1868-1950 1
- Gilmore, Eugene A. 1
- Harper, Harry 1
- Harris, Lement 1
- Harris, Lement, 1904-2002 1 ∧ less