Showing Collections: 41 - 60 of 121
Abstract Founding director of the University of Iowa School of Library Science (later renamed School of Library and Information Science).
Found in: University of Iowa Archives
Abstract Lawyer, state legislator, and Governor of Iowa . Subject files, campaign files, correspondence, and clippings relating primarily to his 1914 bid for re-election.
Dates: 1904-1937; 1913-1915
Abstract University of Iowa professor of geology, 1907-1941. Served concurrently as head of geology, dean of College of Liberal Arts, and state geologist of Iowa during 1911-1934.
Found in: University of Iowa Archives
Abstract Banker and businessman. Legal, personal, and business papers, as well as correspondence and photographs.
Abstract Correspondence to and from the Second Lieutenant.
Abstract Mason City, Iowa, chief of police, chairman of the Iowa Liquor Control Commission, and member of the Iowa House of Representatives. Correspondence, clippings, radio broadcast scripts, photographs, campaign material, and other papers.
Abstract Physician and civil rights leader in Fort Madison, IA. Correspondence, speeches, biographical and autobiographical materials, and subject files document both his career and his Civil Rights activism.
Abstract Writer and friend of both Grant Wood and Marvin Cone. The collection contains research notes and manuscripts for the book, as well as clippings about Brown herself. Iowa Author Mss.
Abstract Editor of Wallaces' Farmer 1921-1933; Secretary of Agriculture, 1933-1940; Vice-President of the United States, 1941-1945; Secretary of Commerce, 1945-1946. Includes audio visual materials; clippings; an extensive collection of correspondence, including photocopies of the microfilm edition of the originals in the Library of Congress, Manuscript Division; government documents; personal papers; photographs; research materials, with an emphasis on agriculture, particularly corn, but including...
Abstract Russell's correspondence to his sister, Mary, of Crawfordsville, Iowa.
Dates: 1861-1902; 1865
Abstract Dramatist. Subject files relating to his career and personal life, including dra s, photographs, set designs, etc. Much of the collection relates to his best known play, Dark of the Moon..
Abstract Includes manuscripts, galley proofs, page proofs, dust jackets, and other miscellany associated with publications of many Iowa Authors.
Abstract Real estate and insurance agent. Correspondence, pamphlets, clippings, etc. relating to his interest in conservative politics and health measures.
Dates: 1913-1960; 1950-1960
Abstract Populist leader. Weaver's correspondence with his wife; other Weaver family papers. Includes material on Davis Co., Iowa, and experiences in the Civil War.
Dates: 1836-1894; 1862-186
Abstract Educator. Correspondence, subject files, speeches, articles, clippings, and photographs documenting his career as a school administrator, state official, and educator.
Dates: 1933-1971; 1956-1965
Abstract Notebooks of a collector of children's books, artwork, and other items by children's author Marguerite de Angeli.
Abstract Business executive, Republican Party official, and art collector. Correspondence, speeches, subject files, etc. combine to document Schramm's business and political affairs, as well as his activities in the arts.
Abstract Correspondence, speeches, articles, leaflets, clippings, scrapbooks and a sketchbook, mostly dealing with politics, conservation, or family affairs, assembled by newspaper cartoonist Ding Darling of The Des Moines Register. There are also some 6,000 original pen-and-ink cartoons drawn by Darling.
Dates: Majority of material found in 1897-1962
Abstract Record of expenditures for a farm located on Muscatine Island.
Abstract Advertising agent, printer, and newspaper editor, of Iowa City, Iowa. Correspondence, clippings, printed matter, memorabilia, and other material relating to printing and advertising.
- Subject: Clippings (information artifacts) X
- University of Iowa Special Collections 110
- University of Iowa Archives 11
- Republican Party (Iowa) 7
- University of Iowa 7
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 5
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 5
- Blanchard, Ruth 2
- Blanchard, Thomas 2
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 2
- United States. Navy 2
- University of Iowa. . Department of Geology 2
- Wallace, Henry A. (Henry Agard), 1888-1965 2
- Albee, Edward Franklin, 1857-1930 1
- Alexander, Archie Alphonse 1
- Allen Motor Company 1
- Allen, Arthur Francis 1
- Allen, Woody 1
- American Bar Association 1
- American College Testing Program 1
- American Farm Bureau Federation 1
- American Farm Foundation 1
- American Federation of Arts 1
- American Legion 1
- American Wildlife Institute 1
- Amherst College 1
- B.F. Keith (Firm) 1
- Baxter, Raymond W. 1
- Beck, Robert K. 1
- Bissell, Bess G., 1908-1970 1
- Blanchard, Tom 1
- Bob Hanscom Players (Theatrical group) 1
- Breen, Edward J. 1
- Brown, Hazel E. 1
- Brown, Lewis H. (Lewis Herold), 1894- 1
- Burdick, Eugene 1
- Burdick, Eugene L. 1
- Cain Park Theatre 1
- Calhoun, Mary 1
- Calhoun, Mary Huiskamp 1
- Calvin, S. (Samuel), 1840-1911 1
- Calvin, Samuel 1
- Carlson, Esther Elizabeth 1
- Cassill, R. V. (Ronald Verlin), 1919-2002 1
- Cedar Rapids Area Chamber of Commerce 1
- Cedar Rapids and Iowa City Railway Co. 1
- Childs, Marquis 1
- Clark, Glenn, 1882-1956 1
- Clarke, George 1
- Cohen, Albert J. 1
- Colby, Anthony Owen 1
- Committee for a National Trade Policy (U.S.) 1
- Committee of Seven 1
- Communist Party of America 1
- Cone, Marvin Dorwart, 1891-1965 1
- Conlon, Paul 1
- Conroy, Frank, 1936-2005 1
- Cornell College (Mount Vernon, Iowa) 1
- Coverdale, John Walter 1
- Crary, Margaret 1
- Crawford and Eastwood Families 1
- Crawford family 1
- Crowl, Denton Chester 1
- Cunningham, Paul Harvey 1
- Darling, Jay N. 1
- Darling, Jay N. (Jay Norwood), 1876-1962 1
- Davenport Besler Corportation 1
- Davenport Locomotive Works 1
- Davenport-Besler Corporation 1
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 1
- Des Moines Art Center 1
- Dickinson, Lester Jesse 1
- Donovan family 1
- Dow family 1
- Dows, Sutherland 1
- Drake University 1
- Eastman, Harold Lloyd 1
- Eastwood family 1
- Eichelberger, Clark M. 1
- Eicher, Edward Clayton, 1878-1944 1
- Eisenhower, Dwight D. (Dwight David), 1890-1969 1
- Eisenschiml, Otto 1
- Eisenschiml, Otto, 1880-1963 1
- Elbert, John Downs 1
- Elbert, S. LeRoy 1
- Elbert, Samuel Hitt, 1833-1899 1
- Elijah, Earl 1
- Elston, Hattie Phinnette, 1900- 1
- Engle family 1
- Engle, Paul 1
- Engle, Paul, 1908-1991 1
- Evans, Dina Rees 1
- Faulkner, William, 1897-1962 1
- Feeley, J. Richard 1
- First Presbyterian Church (Iowa City, Iowa) 1
- French, Alice 1
- General Wildlife Federation 1
- Geological Survey (U.S.) 1
- Gilchrist, Fred Cramer, 1868-1950 1
- Gilmore, Eugene A. 1
- Harper, Harry 1
- Harris, Lement 1
- Harris, Lement, 1904-2002 1 ∧ less