Showing Collections: 61 - 80 of 121
Abstract Project engineer and engineering manager, University of Iowa Measurement Research Center. Product development at the MRC, including standardized test sheet scoring, electronic ballots, and other applications of scanning technologies. Reports, patent applications, press releases, newspaper clippings, photographs, extensive annotations in finding aid by donor.
Found in: University of Iowa Archives
Abstract Agriculturist. Correspondence and subject files relating to the early years of the Iowa Farm Bureau Federation and the American Farm Bureau Federation.
Dates: 1856-1939; 1922-1924
Abstract Holograph forms and forms from the Smithsonian Institution and War Department. Also includes United States War Department, Office of the Chief Signal Officer's monthly summaries of voluntary observers' meteorological reports from various locations in Iowa.
Abstract Newspaper Editor and writer, this collection contains material related to two novels (Amalie's Story, 1970 and Petra, 1978), a play (Eyes of Sky; a Play in Six Scenes) and a biography (Ruth Buxton Sayre: First Lady of the Farms, 1980).
Dates: 1970 - 1990
Abstract Iowa regional writer. This collection consists of manuscripts for Ever Tomorrow and Stuart's Hill, and her unpublished novel, Carpthorne; manuscripts and tear sheets of her short stories and poems; as well as correspondence, notes, and clippings. Iowa Author Mss.
Abstract Subject files documenting Robertson's literary career, including typescript drafts of Henry Reed's Big Show (1958) and The Crow and the Castle (1967). There are also folders of correspondence, research, royalty statements, etc., all relating to the writing and publishing of his children's books and short stories. Iowa Author Mss.
Abstract Vaudeville, theater, and movie business. Clipping books, managers' report books, scrapbooks, business records, cash books, etc.
Abstract Annual convention proceedings, 1946-1961.
Dates: 1946 - 1976; 1960-1980
Abstract Agricultural writer and activist. Subject files, pamphlets, correspondence, and clippings, primarily related to communism and agriculture.
Dates: 1920-1990; 1930-1960
Abstract U.S. Representative and Senator from Iowa. Speeches, scrapbooks, correspondence, clippings, and campaign material all related to his political career.
Dates: 1898-1955; 1920-1940
Abstract Manuscripts and correspondence related to her books for children including My Name Is-- (1959) and Hidden Year of Devlin Bates (1967).
Abstract Lawyer and journalist. Primarily consist of manuscripts of his columns for Washington, Iowa's Evening Journal, along with some material from his political campaigns.
Abstract Research material for The Unruly Life of Woody Allen. Comprised of interviews by letter and on tape, journal articles, research files, notes, films, photographs, manuscript copies, and copies of the completed book in various editions.
Scope and Contents This collection contains documents of editor and author of books for young adults, Marjorie Medary. This collection drafts and other materials relating to Prairie Printer (a sequel to Buckeye Boy), about a pioneer northeast Iowa newspaperman; Orange Winter, about Florida in the 1870's; College in Crinoline and Prairie Anchorage, both of which have pioneer settings, and some other works.
Dates: 1930 - 1950
Abstract Pulitzer prize-winning journalist with the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Typescript drafts, galleys, proofs, and layouts for some of his books. Also general correspondence files, speeches, and newspaper clippings.
Dates: 1939-1978; 1950-1960
Abstract Professor, University of Iowa Department of Sociology and Anthropology, from 1960 until 1996. State Archeologist from 1960 until 1975. Researched prehistoric Native American Indian cultures. Publications.
Found in: University of Iowa Archives
Abstract Editor and novelist. Manuscripts for nine books, including No Greener Meadows (1946), his first novel.
Abstract Farmer and Iowa state legislator. Subject files, reports, etc. on such legislative issues as apportionment and education.
Abstract Well-known children's author. This collection consists of several versions of her manuscript for Magic in the Alley. Iowa Author Ms.
- Subject: Clippings (information artifacts) X
- University of Iowa Special Collections 110
- University of Iowa Archives 11
- Republican Party (Iowa) 7
- University of Iowa 7
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 5
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 5
- Blanchard, Ruth 2
- Blanchard, Thomas 2
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 2
- United States. Navy 2
- University of Iowa. . Department of Geology 2
- Wallace, Henry A. (Henry Agard), 1888-1965 2
- Albee, Edward Franklin, 1857-1930 1
- Alexander, Archie Alphonse 1
- Allen Motor Company 1
- Allen, Arthur Francis 1
- Allen, Woody 1
- American Bar Association 1
- American College Testing Program 1
- American Farm Bureau Federation 1
- American Farm Foundation 1
- American Federation of Arts 1
- American Legion 1
- American Wildlife Institute 1
- Amherst College 1
- B.F. Keith (Firm) 1
- Baxter, Raymond W. 1
- Beck, Robert K. 1
- Bissell, Bess G., 1908-1970 1
- Blanchard, Tom 1
- Bob Hanscom Players (Theatrical group) 1
- Breen, Edward J. 1
- Brown, Hazel E. 1
- Brown, Lewis H. (Lewis Herold), 1894- 1
- Burdick, Eugene 1
- Burdick, Eugene L. 1
- Cain Park Theatre 1
- Calhoun, Mary 1
- Calhoun, Mary Huiskamp 1
- Calvin, S. (Samuel), 1840-1911 1
- Calvin, Samuel 1
- Carlson, Esther Elizabeth 1
- Cassill, R. V. (Ronald Verlin), 1919-2002 1
- Cedar Rapids Area Chamber of Commerce 1
- Cedar Rapids and Iowa City Railway Co. 1
- Childs, Marquis 1
- Clark, Glenn, 1882-1956 1
- Clarke, George 1
- Cohen, Albert J. 1
- Colby, Anthony Owen 1
- Committee for a National Trade Policy (U.S.) 1
- Committee of Seven 1
- Communist Party of America 1
- Cone, Marvin Dorwart, 1891-1965 1
- Conlon, Paul 1
- Conroy, Frank, 1936-2005 1
- Cornell College (Mount Vernon, Iowa) 1
- Coverdale, John Walter 1
- Crary, Margaret 1
- Crawford and Eastwood Families 1
- Crawford family 1
- Crowl, Denton Chester 1
- Cunningham, Paul Harvey 1
- Darling, Jay N. 1
- Darling, Jay N. (Jay Norwood), 1876-1962 1
- Davenport Besler Corportation 1
- Davenport Locomotive Works 1
- Davenport-Besler Corporation 1
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 1
- Des Moines Art Center 1
- Dickinson, Lester Jesse 1
- Donovan family 1
- Dow family 1
- Dows, Sutherland 1
- Drake University 1
- Eastman, Harold Lloyd 1
- Eastwood family 1
- Eichelberger, Clark M. 1
- Eicher, Edward Clayton, 1878-1944 1
- Eisenhower, Dwight D. (Dwight David), 1890-1969 1
- Eisenschiml, Otto 1
- Eisenschiml, Otto, 1880-1963 1
- Elbert, John Downs 1
- Elbert, S. LeRoy 1
- Elbert, Samuel Hitt, 1833-1899 1
- Elijah, Earl 1
- Elston, Hattie Phinnette, 1900- 1
- Engle family 1
- Engle, Paul 1
- Engle, Paul, 1908-1991 1
- Evans, Dina Rees 1
- Faulkner, William, 1897-1962 1
- Feeley, J. Richard 1
- First Presbyterian Church (Iowa City, Iowa) 1
- French, Alice 1
- General Wildlife Federation 1
- Geological Survey (U.S.) 1
- Gilchrist, Fred Cramer, 1868-1950 1
- Gilmore, Eugene A. 1
- Harper, Harry 1
- Harris, Lement 1
- Harris, Lement, 1904-2002 1 ∧ less