Showing Collections: 81 - 100 of 121
Abstract Business and personal correspondence, account books, statements, and other records, relating to the meat packing company particularly in Liverpool, England, and Ottumwa, Iowa; and papers, including some of Thomas Dove Foster.
Abstract Subject files, correspondence, photographs, clippings, and other records.
Scope and Contents Records of the Iowa chapter of the Nature Conservancy.
Dates: 1953-1979; 1960-1980
Abstract Governor and Lieutenant Governor of Iowa. Papers relating to his political career and terms in office. Subject files include campaign materials, correspondence, speeches, etc.
Abstract Student leader, scholar, and athlete from Iowa. Correspondence, diaries, scrapbooks, speeches, photographs, articles, etc.
Abstract Professor of psychology, University of Iowa, from 1923 until 1964. Designed tests to measure artistic aptitude, and audience response. Correspondence, photographs, lectures.
Found in: University of Iowa Archives
Abstract Iowa City building. Legal documents, correspondence, financial records, etc. used in the battle to save Old Brick from destruction.
Abstract Chemist and Lincoln scholar. Manuscripts, notes, proofs, reviews of books on Lincoln's death and the Civil War, and the manuscript of Eisenschiml's autobiography.
Abstract Documents supporting Dr. Conlon's United Nations Sanctions Management: A Case Study of the Iraq Sanctions Committee 1990-1994 (Ardsley, NY: Transnational Publishers, Inc., 2001; ISBN 1-57105-059-0). Most relate to UN sanctions against Iraq from 1990 through the spring of 1995 with extensive materials dealing with UN sanctions against Yugoslaviain the same period plus items dealing with UN sanctions against Angola, Haitiand South Africa and relating to certain peacekeeping activities of the time.
Abstract Poet (numerous books from Worn Earth, 1932), editor of the O. Henry Prize Stories, 1954-1959, director of the Iowa Writers' Workshop, 1941-1967, and co-founder and director of the International Writers' Program, 1967-1976 at the University of Iowa. Literary manuscripts, correspondence, subject files, and student works documenting his career as a writer and teacher.
Abstract U.S. Representative from Iowa. Correspondence, newspaper clippings, speeches, news releases, and other documents relating to his public and political life.
Dates: 1940 - 1961
Abstract Correspondence, speeches, reports, business records, articles, campaign materials, fact sheets, form letters, directives, telegrams, pamphlets, press releases, clippings, and other related material concerning the party and the national election of 1948.
Dates: 1940-1969; 1940-1955
Abstract Includes minute books, correspondence, and other records.
Dates: 1872-1934; 1870-1880
Abstract Insurance businessman. Speeches and scrapbooks relating chiefly to Murphy's term as national commander of the American Legion.
Abstract Chairman of the Iowa Stevenson for President Committee in 1956. Campaign and convention materials, correspondence and newspaper clippings.
Abstract Commercial lecture bureau and booking agency for Chautauqua and lyceums throughout the United States and parts of Canada. Office files of the Redpath-Vawter Bureau of Cedar Rapids, IA, the Redpath-Chicago Bureau run by Harry P. Harrison and Charles Horner's Redpath Chautauquas. Included are: talent files consisting of correspondence, contracts, publicity brochures, and advertising flyers; business files including employee records; geographical location files with materials about cities and...
Abstract Member of a the Hanscom Players a well-known Chautauqua troupe that toured throughout the U.S.
Abstract American screenwriter, producer and actor. Personal papers contains an actors file, clippings and correspondences.
Abstract Newspaper publisher in Centerville, Iowa . Correspondence, clippings, speeches, subject files, etc., relating to newspaper publishing, Republican politics, and the Rathbun Dam.
Dates: 1938-1968; 1966-1968
Abstract Iowa City Broadband Telecommunications Papers.
Dates: 1971-1982; 1978-1980
- Subject: Clippings (information artifacts) X
- University of Iowa Special Collections 110
- University of Iowa Archives 11
- Republican Party (Iowa) 7
- University of Iowa 7
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 5
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 5
- Blanchard, Ruth 2
- Blanchard, Thomas 2
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 2
- United States. Navy 2
- University of Iowa. . Department of Geology 2
- Wallace, Henry A. (Henry Agard), 1888-1965 2
- Albee, Edward Franklin, 1857-1930 1
- Alexander, Archie Alphonse 1
- Allen Motor Company 1
- Allen, Arthur Francis 1
- Allen, Woody 1
- American Bar Association 1
- American College Testing Program 1
- American Farm Bureau Federation 1
- American Farm Foundation 1
- American Federation of Arts 1
- American Legion 1
- American Wildlife Institute 1
- Amherst College 1
- B.F. Keith (Firm) 1
- Baxter, Raymond W. 1
- Beck, Robert K. 1
- Bissell, Bess G., 1908-1970 1
- Blanchard, Tom 1
- Bob Hanscom Players (Theatrical group) 1
- Breen, Edward J. 1
- Brown, Hazel E. 1
- Brown, Lewis H. (Lewis Herold), 1894- 1
- Burdick, Eugene 1
- Burdick, Eugene L. 1
- Cain Park Theatre 1
- Calhoun, Mary 1
- Calhoun, Mary Huiskamp 1
- Calvin, S. (Samuel), 1840-1911 1
- Calvin, Samuel 1
- Carlson, Esther Elizabeth 1
- Cassill, R. V. (Ronald Verlin), 1919-2002 1
- Cedar Rapids Area Chamber of Commerce 1
- Cedar Rapids and Iowa City Railway Co. 1
- Childs, Marquis 1
- Clark, Glenn, 1882-1956 1
- Clarke, George 1
- Cohen, Albert J. 1
- Colby, Anthony Owen 1
- Committee for a National Trade Policy (U.S.) 1
- Committee of Seven 1
- Communist Party of America 1
- Cone, Marvin Dorwart, 1891-1965 1
- Conlon, Paul 1
- Conroy, Frank, 1936-2005 1
- Cornell College (Mount Vernon, Iowa) 1
- Coverdale, John Walter 1
- Crary, Margaret 1
- Crawford and Eastwood Families 1
- Crawford family 1
- Crowl, Denton Chester 1
- Cunningham, Paul Harvey 1
- Darling, Jay N. 1
- Darling, Jay N. (Jay Norwood), 1876-1962 1
- Davenport Besler Corportation 1
- Davenport Locomotive Works 1
- Davenport-Besler Corporation 1
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 1
- Des Moines Art Center 1
- Dickinson, Lester Jesse 1
- Donovan family 1
- Dow family 1
- Dows, Sutherland 1
- Drake University 1
- Eastman, Harold Lloyd 1
- Eastwood family 1
- Eichelberger, Clark M. 1
- Eicher, Edward Clayton, 1878-1944 1
- Eisenhower, Dwight D. (Dwight David), 1890-1969 1
- Eisenschiml, Otto 1
- Eisenschiml, Otto, 1880-1963 1
- Elbert, John Downs 1
- Elbert, S. LeRoy 1
- Elbert, Samuel Hitt, 1833-1899 1
- Elijah, Earl 1
- Elston, Hattie Phinnette, 1900- 1
- Engle family 1
- Engle, Paul 1
- Engle, Paul, 1908-1991 1
- Evans, Dina Rees 1
- Faulkner, William, 1897-1962 1
- Feeley, J. Richard 1
- First Presbyterian Church (Iowa City, Iowa) 1
- French, Alice 1
- General Wildlife Federation 1
- Geological Survey (U.S.) 1
- Gilchrist, Fred Cramer, 1868-1950 1
- Gilmore, Eugene A. 1
- Harper, Harry 1
- Harris, Lement 1
- Harris, Lement, 1904-2002 1 ∧ less