Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 33
Abstract Papers of Reverend Joseph Mayo Batchelder and his wife. Included are about 50 letters, written in the 1840s and 1850s, mostly from Peoria, Illinois and Owego, New York; an account book dated from 1848-1884; and a diary dated from 1847-1848. Manuscript sermons, and other items.
Dates: 1847-1976; 1860-1890
Abstract Diary of an unknown soldier in Company C, 4th Infantry C.V., who was assigned to a detail guarding a wagon train carrying species to the East.
Abstract Civil engineer and surveyor. Diaries, surveyor notebooks, letterpress books, correspondence, postcards, terrain profiles, photographs, etc.
Abstract Diaries of Edward E. Cook, journals and ledgers of the law firm of Cook & Dodge of Davenport, Iowa, and other business and legal papers.
Dates: 1841 - 1912; 1860 - 188
Abstract Iowa Farmer. Mostly diaries describing farm life in Benton Co., Iowa, particularly on Snow's Evergreen Farm near Keystone.
Abstract Correspondence, photographs, clippings, and genealogical records of these families, including materials relating to operating a farm near Prescott, Kansas; letters home from a worker on the Chautauqua circuit; and letters home from a professor of music.
Abstract Lecturer-portrayalist, salesman and editorial writer for the Toledo Blade, Denton Crowl performed on the Chautauqua circuits and in other venues. This collection includes correspondence, appointment diaries, photographs, and manuscripts, mostly relating to his lecture and political activities.
Abstract Farmer. Diaries describing farm life near Conrad, in Grundy Co.,Iowa .
Abstract Lawyer, judge, and professor. Personal and business correspondence, diaries, and speeches on painting. Most of the material dates before 1880, while McClain was a law student at the University of Iowa.
Dates: 1869 - 1915
Abstract Diaries of a soldier in Company E, 17th Iowa Infantry, who was captured and imprisoned in Sumter Prison, 1864-65.
Abstract Diaries, genealogical records, account and ledger books, correspondence, and reminiscences of three generations. Includes descriptions of Iowa City and the surrounding area in the 19th century.
Abstract Diaries of the Civil War experiences of a member of the 31st Regiment of Ohio Infantry.
Abstract Editor of Wallaces' Farmer 1921-1933; Secretary of Agriculture, 1933-1940; Vice-President of the United States, 1941-1945; Secretary of Commerce, 1945-1946. Includes audio visual materials; clippings; an extensive collection of correspondence, including photocopies of the microfilm edition of the originals in the Library of Congress, Manuscript Division; government documents; personal papers; photographs; research materials, with an emphasis on agriculture, particularly corn, but including...
Abstract First editor of Wallaces' Farmer. Arranged in broad subject categories and then in chronological order. Available on microfilm for use in repository, for interlibrary loan, and for purchase.
Abstract Historian, archivist, and author. Correspondence files; diaries; memorabilia; scrapbooks dealing with his early life, education, career in the State Department, and work for the Methodist Church.
Abstract Includes manuscripts, galley proofs, page proofs, dust jackets, and other miscellany associated with publications of many Iowa Authors.
Abstract U.S. Representative and Senator from Iowa, member of the Interstate Commerce Commission, and judge. Diaries, memoirs, correspondence, speeches, and other material relating to his life and career.
Abstract Lawyer and politician of Boone, Iowa. Correspondence relating primarily to Steven's political activities, particularly in 1912.
Abstract Pharmacist and banker from Winfield, Iowa. Diaries, scrapbook, and subject files documenting Lindly's career and family. Also includes historical materials relating to Winfield, Iowa.
Dates: 1828-1946; 1890-1910
Abstract Holograph forms and forms from the Smithsonian Institution and War Department. Also includes United States War Department, Office of the Chief Signal Officer's monthly summaries of voluntary observers' meteorological reports from various locations in Iowa.
- University of Iowa 4
- Abraham, Lot 1
- Allspaugh, Harrison 1
- Andersonville Prison 1
- Army Specialized Training Program (U.S.) 1
- Batchelder Family 1
- Batchelder, Joseph Mayo, 1822- 1
- Batchelor family 1
- Bissell, Bess G., 1908-1970 1
- Bixby, Newell W. 1
- Bixby, Newell Willard 1
- Bockes, Elmer 1
- Bockes, Russell 1
- Bonner family 1
- Brown, Lewis H. (Lewis Herold), 1894- 1
- Calkin, Homer L. 1
- Calkins, Asa Starkweather 1
- Calkins, Charles McNeil 1
- Calkins, John, Captain, 1785- 1
- Carlson, Esther Elizabeth 1
- Cassill, R. V. (Ronald Verlin), 1919-2002 1
- Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad Company 1
- Chicago, Dubuque, and Minnesota Railroad Company 1
- Clark, Glenn, 1882-1956 1
- Colby, Anthony Owen 1
- Cook & Dodge 1
- Cook Family 1
- Cook family 1
- Cook, Edward E. 1
- Cook, Eliza A. 1
- Cook, John P. (John Parsons), 1817-1872 1
- Corbin, E. Palmer 1
- Crary, Margaret 1
- Crawford and Eastwood Families 1
- Crawford family 1
- Crowl, Denton Chester 1
- Darling, Marcellus Warner 1
- Dennis, Agnes Jolly McConnell, 1825-1900 1
- Dennis, Bryan Francis, 1819-1909 1
- Drake University 1
- Eastman, Harold Lloyd 1
- Eastwood family 1
- Elston, Hattie Phinnette, 1900- 1
- Falk, Peter, 1927-2011 1
- Farley, Angelina Calkins 1
- Fedderson, R. T. 1
- Free Will Baptist Church (Clayton County, Iowa) 1
- Gearhart, Harriet Frances 1
- Harding family 1
- Heberling, Andrew 1
- Heberling, John 1
- Iowa Author's 1
- Iowa Rural Conditions Sources 1
- Irish, Charles Wood 1
- Ironmen (Football team) 1
- John Morrell & Co. 1
- Johns-Manville, Incorporated 1
- Kinnick, Nile C. 1
- Kinnick, Nile C. (Nile Clarke), 1918-1943 1
- Lindly, John M. 1
- McClain, Emlin 1
- McDill, James W. 1
- Metzler, Robert 1
- Metzler, Robert F. 1
- Morrill family 1
- National Broadcasting Company, inc. 1
- Paisley Family 1
- Paisley, Chloe Lippitt, 1839-1925 1
- Paisley, John, 1831-1909 1
- Paisley, Mabel 1
- Palmer family 1
- Palmer, Harriet Calkins Catlett 1
- Palmer, John E. IV 1
- Palmer, John Edgerton, IV 1
- Palmer, John Edgerton, V 1
- Palmer, Joseph Ward 1
- Palmer, Thomas Sharp 1
- Palmer, William 1
- Progressive Party (1912) 1
- Public Works of Art Project (U.S.) 1
- Radio Corporation of America 1
- Rosheim, David L. 1
- Rowan, Edward Beatty, 1898-1946 1
- Saunders, William Irving 1
- Shearer, George Marion 1
- Shearer, George Marion, 1837-1912 1
- Shell Lumber Company 1
- Shelton Family 1
- Shelton, Mary E. 1
- Shelton, O. C., Lieutenant 1
- Shelton, Rhoda Amanda 1
- Sibley Cement Company 1
- Simpson, Frank B. 1
- Smith, Grace Noll, 1878-1974 1
- Smith, Lewis Worthington, 1866-1947 1
- Snow, Corwin R. 1
- Sokol Shuttleworth Family 1
- Stevens, John Loomis 1
- Stevens, John Loomis, 1850-1933 1
- Swan, Susan Lippitt 1 ∧ less