Showing Collections: 21 - 40 of 64
Abstract Writer and friend of both Grant Wood and Marvin Cone. The collection contains research notes and manuscripts for the book, as well as clippings about Brown herself. Iowa Author Mss.
Abstract The papers consist largely of correspondence between Hilda and George Allen and their three children and cover a broad range of family, social and political issues.
Found in: Iowa Women's Archives
Abstract Dramatist. Subject files relating to his career and personal life, including dra s, photographs, set designs, etc. Much of the collection relates to his best known play, Dark of the Moon..
Abstract Includes manuscripts, galley proofs, page proofs, dust jackets, and other miscellany associated with publications of many Iowa Authors.
Abstract British writer and philosopher. Manuscripts for most of her novels, plays, and poetry, primarily handwritten drafts in notebooks.
Abstract Writer and journalist. Manuscripts for four of his books, including The Bill of Rights.
Overview Manuscripts of some of Hall's poetry, plays, articles, and essays. Also drafts of his book, The Far Lands.
Abstract Insurance agent, poet, story writer, and lecturer on literature. Preliminary drafts of plays, poetry, an unpublished novel, and correspondence with writers of note.
Dates: 1911 - 1975
Abstract Author of books for young adults from More Than a Summer Love, (1962), with a special concern for mental health. Correspondence, notes, various drafts, promotional material, etc., of her many books for adolescents.
Abstract English professor, Iowa author, and founder and editor of The Midland. Correspondence, subject files, business records for The Midland, lectures, and preliminary drafts of writings, etc.
Abstract Newspaper Editor and writer, this collection contains material related to two novels (Amalie's Story, 1970 and Petra, 1978), a play (Eyes of Sky; a Play in Six Scenes) and a biography (Ruth Buxton Sayre: First Lady of the Farms, 1980).
Dates: 1970 - 1990
Abstract Story writers, novelists and playwrights who did most writing in collaboration. Karlton published two novels: Brother (1936) and The Cherry Bed (1936). Correspondence with noted writers, drafts of plays, short stories, and novels, and material relating to the Dubuque Dia, a literary magazine.
Dates: 1931-1986; 1930-1940
Abstract Subject files documenting Robertson's literary career, including typescript drafts of Henry Reed's Big Show (1958) and The Crow and the Castle (1967). There are also folders of correspondence, research, royalty statements, etc., all relating to the writing and publishing of his children's books and short stories. Iowa Author Mss.
Abstract Industrial editor, author, book and bookplate collector. Correspondence, drafts, publications, and research relating to his interest in book illustrators, books and book plates.
Abstract Author of romance novels as Leigh Michaels. Manuscript drafts, galleys, and page proofs of her novels, as well as articles by and about Lemberger and teaching materials used for the Iowa Summer Writing Festival.
Dates: 1982 -
Abstract Author. Manuscript drafts, proofs, correspondence, etc. for his novel, Andersonville, with drafts for some other books.
Abstract Religion professor and writer. Early typescript drafts of six of his books, including The Dream Gate and Report to Protestants.
Abstract Research material compiled by Meade while writing the biography Buster Keaton Cut to the Case.
Scope and Contents This collection contains documents of editor and author of books for young adults, Marjorie Medary. This collection drafts and other materials relating to Prairie Printer (a sequel to Buckeye Boy), about a pioneer northeast Iowa newspaperman; Orange Winter, about Florida in the 1870's; College in Crinoline and Prairie Anchorage, both of which have pioneer settings, and some other works.
Dates: 1930 - 1950
Abstract Pulitzer prize-winning journalist with the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Typescript drafts, galleys, proofs, and layouts for some of his books. Also general correspondence files, speeches, and newspaper clippings.
Dates: 1939-1978; 1950-1960
- Subject: Drafts (documents) X
- University of Iowa Special Collections 61
- University of Iowa Archives 2
- Iowa Women's Archives 1
- United Nations 2
- Allen family 1
- Allen, George Eugene, 1887-1944 1
- Allen, Hilda Ellyson, 1988- 1
- Allen, Lewis, 1905-1986 1
- Allen, Philip, 1915- 1
- Allen, Sewell E., 1913-1975 1
- Amana Society 1
- American Farm Foundation 1
- Authors' League of America 1
- Bach, Marcus 1
- Bailey, Alfred M. 1
- Baker, Hermione Georgette Allen, 1917- 1
- Bissell, Bess G., 1908-1970 1
- Bissell, Richard Pike 1
- Bliven, Bruce 1
- Bliven, Bruce, 1889-1977 1
- Bourjaily, Vance 1
- Bourjaily, Vance, 1922-2010 1
- Brant, Irving 1
- Brown, Hazel E. 1
- Brown, Lewis H. (Lewis Herold), 1894- 1
- Butler, Ellis Parker 1
- Carhart, Arthur 1
- Carlson, Esther Elizabeth 1
- Cassill, R. V. (Ronald Verlin), 1919-2002 1
- Centro de Art y Comunicaci 1
- Centro de Arte y Comunicacia (Buenos Aires, Argentina) 1
- Cheever, Lawrence Oakley 1
- Childs, Marquis 1
- Clark, Glenn, 1882-1956 1
- Colby, Anthony Owen 1
- Collins, Max Allan 1
- Cone, Marvin Dorwart, 1891-1965 1
- Conlon, Paul 1
- Corey, Paul 1
- Courtney, R. Keith 1
- Crary, Margaret 1
- Crawford and Eastwood Families 1
- Crawford family 1
- Cuttler, Charles D. 1
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 1
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 1
- Denver Museum of Natural History 1
- Drake University 1
- Duncan, Thomas W. 1
- Eastman, Harold Lloyd 1
- Eastwood family 1
- Eichenberg, Fritz, 1901-1990 1
- Elston, Hattie Phinnette, 1900- 1
- Engle, Paul, 1908-1991 1
- Eyerly, Jeanette 1
- Farwell, Byron 1
- Federal Writers' Project 1
- Finsterwald, Maxine 1
- Frederick, John Towner 1
- Gaine, Hugh, 1726 or 7-1807 1
- Gould, Chester 1
- Graham, Alberta Powell 1
- Hall, James Norman 1
- Heggen, Thomas, 1919-1949 1
- Hughes, Harold E. 1
- Hunting, Ema S. (Ema Suckow) 1
- Iowa Author's 1
- Iowa Commerce Commission 1
- Iowa Summer Writing Festival 1
- Iowa. State Archaeologist 1
- Johns-Manville, Incorporated 1
- Johnson, Dorothy M. 1
- Kantor, MacKinlay 1
- Kantor, MacKinlay, 1904-1977 1
- Keaton, Buster, 1895-1966 1
- Kelm, Karlton 1
- Kelm, Karlton, 1908-1987 1
- Kelm, William Eulberg 1
- Kent, Rockwell, 1882-1971 1
- Kluckhohn, Clyde 1
- Krim, Seymour 1
- Lafore, Laurence Davis 1
- Lawrence, Rose Mary 1
- Lechlitner, Ruth 1
- Leggett, John, 1917- 1
- Lemberger, LeAnn 1
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 1
- Marsh, Willard 1
- May, Charles Paul 1
- McDonald, Julie 1
- McDonald, Julie, 1929- 1
- McKusick, Marshall 1
- Meade, Marion 1
- Medary, Marjorie 1
- Meigs, Cornelia 1
- Meigs, Cornelia, 1884-1973 1
- Miller, Merle 1
- Miller, Merle, 1919-1986 1
- Morrell, David 1
- Mossman, Steven Dow 1
- Mott, Frank Luther 1
- Murdoch, Iris 1
- National Council of Farmer's Cooperative Marketing 1 ∧ less