Showing Collections: 41 - 60 of 64
Abstract Professor, University of Iowa Department of Sociology and Anthropology, from 1960 until 1996. State Archeologist from 1960 until 1975. Researched prehistoric Native American Indian cultures. Publications.
Found in: University of Iowa Archives
Abstract Editor and novelist. Manuscripts for nine books, including No Greener Meadows (1946), his first novel.
Abstract Author, filmmaker, and comic strip writer. The papers document his film and literary career. His novels, comics (including Dick Tracy and Ms. Tree), and screenplays are represented in various forms of completion, with typescript drafts, artwork, correspondence, research, galley proofs, and promotional material.
Abstract Radio scriptwriter (Kaffee Klatch and Playhouse of the Air among others) and playwright (as Maxine Wood). Correspondence, photographs, clippings, scrapbooks, typescripts, etc.
Dates: 1928-1983; 1940-1960
Abstract Writer, musician, composer, and lyricist, best known for The Music Man. Manuscript drafts from his books, a script from The Music Man, and sheet music.
Abstract Editor at Yank, Time and Harper's, biographer of presidents, script writer, and novelist. Drafts, correspondence, printer's copies, and reviews for four of his books; the materials for The Sure Thing (1953) are extensive.
Dates: 1948 - 1961; 1953
Abstract Author of numerous books for young adults, many on science subjects. Collection includes manuscripts and correspondence about, among other titles, Follow the Golden Goose (1971) and Coils, Magnets and Rings (1976).
Abstract Teacher and novelist. Author of Twyla (1973, 1976), a book for young adults. Three drafts, related correspondence.
Overview This collection is comprised of photographs, letters, paintings, and manuscripts of Ruth Suckow, family, and friends.
Abstract Documents supporting Dr. Conlon's United Nations Sanctions Management: A Case Study of the Iraq Sanctions Committee 1990-1994 (Ardsley, NY: Transnational Publishers, Inc., 2001; ISBN 1-57105-059-0). Most relate to UN sanctions against Iraq from 1990 through the spring of 1995 with extensive materials dealing with UN sanctions against Yugoslaviain the same period plus items dealing with UN sanctions against Angola, Haitiand South Africa and relating to certain peacekeeping activities of the time.
Abstract Writer Three Miles Square (1939), environmentalist, and animal activist. Correspondence, subject files, scrapbooks, and preliminary drafts of writings.
Dates: 1920 - 1992
Overview Iowa City resident and artist. From the late 1970s to the late 1980s Courtney conducted a project titled Notes From All Over, which invited artists to send him found objects and printed matter. The collection consists of art works, correspondence, and related documentation dating from 1971-1995.
Abstract Typescript and holograph drafts, galley proofs, editor's notes, source material, etc., documenting the writings of this Dubuque novelist and author of 7 1/2 Cents (1953), the basis of the musical hit, The Pajama Game (1954, filmed 1957).
Abstract The manuscript of this national prize-winning short story by a twenty-two year old Davenport native.
Abstract Poet and teacher. Correspondence, subject files, and preliminary drafts of her writings.
Abstract Journalist and essayist. Correspondence, typescripts, notes, reviews, published copies, etc. relating to his literary career and his contributions to beat literature and the new journalism movement.
Overview Writer born in Cedar Rapids. Collection includes extensive pre-publication materials for Mossman's highly regarded novel, The Stones of Summer (1972) as well as drafts written while a student in the Writer's Workshop.
Dates: 1966 - 1972
Overview Novelist and story writer. Preliminary drafts, notes, revisions, and galley proofs for three of his novels, including a highly successful circus novel, Gus the Great (1947).
Abstract Journalist and publisher. Managing editor of The Daily Iowan as a student, later wrote for newspapers including the New York Times and the Omaha World Herald. Collection consists of drafts for A Fellow of Infinite Jest (1946), a biography of Laurence Sterne, and his own autobiography, The Time of My Life.
Dates: 1946 and Undated
- Subject: Drafts (documents) X
- University of Iowa Special Collections 61
- University of Iowa Archives 2
- Iowa Women's Archives 1
- United Nations 2
- Allen family 1
- Allen, George Eugene, 1887-1944 1
- Allen, Hilda Ellyson, 1988- 1
- Allen, Lewis, 1905-1986 1
- Allen, Philip, 1915- 1
- Allen, Sewell E., 1913-1975 1
- Amana Society 1
- American Farm Foundation 1
- Authors' League of America 1
- Bach, Marcus 1
- Bailey, Alfred M. 1
- Baker, Hermione Georgette Allen, 1917- 1
- Bissell, Bess G., 1908-1970 1
- Bissell, Richard Pike 1
- Bliven, Bruce 1
- Bliven, Bruce, 1889-1977 1
- Bourjaily, Vance 1
- Bourjaily, Vance, 1922-2010 1
- Brant, Irving 1
- Brown, Hazel E. 1
- Brown, Lewis H. (Lewis Herold), 1894- 1
- Butler, Ellis Parker 1
- Carhart, Arthur 1
- Carlson, Esther Elizabeth 1
- Cassill, R. V. (Ronald Verlin), 1919-2002 1
- Centro de Art y Comunicaci 1
- Centro de Arte y Comunicacia (Buenos Aires, Argentina) 1
- Cheever, Lawrence Oakley 1
- Childs, Marquis 1
- Clark, Glenn, 1882-1956 1
- Colby, Anthony Owen 1
- Collins, Max Allan 1
- Cone, Marvin Dorwart, 1891-1965 1
- Conlon, Paul 1
- Corey, Paul 1
- Courtney, R. Keith 1
- Crary, Margaret 1
- Crawford and Eastwood Families 1
- Crawford family 1
- Cuttler, Charles D. 1
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 1
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 1
- Denver Museum of Natural History 1
- Drake University 1
- Duncan, Thomas W. 1
- Eastman, Harold Lloyd 1
- Eastwood family 1
- Eichenberg, Fritz, 1901-1990 1
- Elston, Hattie Phinnette, 1900- 1
- Engle, Paul, 1908-1991 1
- Eyerly, Jeanette 1
- Farwell, Byron 1
- Federal Writers' Project 1
- Finsterwald, Maxine 1
- Frederick, John Towner 1
- Gaine, Hugh, 1726 or 7-1807 1
- Gould, Chester 1
- Graham, Alberta Powell 1
- Hall, James Norman 1
- Heggen, Thomas, 1919-1949 1
- Hughes, Harold E. 1
- Hunting, Ema S. (Ema Suckow) 1
- Iowa Author's 1
- Iowa Commerce Commission 1
- Iowa Summer Writing Festival 1
- Iowa. State Archaeologist 1
- Johns-Manville, Incorporated 1
- Johnson, Dorothy M. 1
- Kantor, MacKinlay 1
- Kantor, MacKinlay, 1904-1977 1
- Keaton, Buster, 1895-1966 1
- Kelm, Karlton 1
- Kelm, Karlton, 1908-1987 1
- Kelm, William Eulberg 1
- Kent, Rockwell, 1882-1971 1
- Kluckhohn, Clyde 1
- Krim, Seymour 1
- Lafore, Laurence Davis 1
- Lawrence, Rose Mary 1
- Lechlitner, Ruth 1
- Leggett, John, 1917- 1
- Lemberger, LeAnn 1
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 1
- Marsh, Willard 1
- May, Charles Paul 1
- McDonald, Julie 1
- McDonald, Julie, 1929- 1
- McKusick, Marshall 1
- Meade, Marion 1
- Medary, Marjorie 1
- Meigs, Cornelia 1
- Meigs, Cornelia, 1884-1973 1
- Miller, Merle 1
- Miller, Merle, 1919-1986 1
- Morrell, David 1
- Mossman, Steven Dow 1
- Mott, Frank Luther 1
- Murdoch, Iris 1
- National Council of Farmer's Cooperative Marketing 1 ∧ less