Showing Collections: 1 - 18 of 18
Abstract Iowa City peace activist and educator who was executive director of the UNA-USA Iowa Division from 1976 to 1996.
Abstract University of Iowa professor of education, 1917-1952. Founder of the University Elementary School.
Abstract Mason City, Iowa native and librarian who was the first African-American female student at University of Iowa elected to Phi Beta Kappa.
Abstract Des Moines educator whose materials include You Can't Go Back to Buxton and African Americans in Iowa: a Chronicle of Contributions, 1830-1992.
Dates: 1906-2000; 1950-2000
Abstract Educator. Correspondence, subject files, speeches, articles, clippings, and photographs documenting his career as a school administrator, state official, and educator.
Dates: 1933-1971; 1956-1965
Abstract Teacher's aide, packinghouse worker, and union activist, Burleson was the first woman and first African American elected to the Fort Dodge City Council.
Abstract Ninth president of the University of Iowa, 1911-1914.
Abstract Journalist who worked for the Des Moines Register between 1947 and 1957 and was later a freelance writer.
Abstract Served for over twenty years in the Iowa judiciary and was the first woman to be appointed to the Iowa Supreme Court.
Abstract Religion professor and writer. Early typescript drafts of six of his books, including The Dream Gate and Report to Protestants.
Abstract Social worker and the first African American woman in the United States to be named executive director of a greater metropolitan YWCA.
Abstract Founder of the Des Moines Tutoring Center, and Iowa's first Affirmative Action administrator from 1973 to 1978.
Abstract Educator, author, and columnist. Speeches, newspaper columns, and articles about education. Also includes sound recordings, video tapes, and filmstrips.
Dates: 1933-1982; 1960-1980
Abstract University of Iowa professor of education, 1974-1982. Professor of psychology and quantitative foundations/statistics and actuarial science, 1982-86.
Overview Educator, activist, and musician from Davenport, Iowa, who held leadership positions in UAW Local 858 and League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC).
Dates: 1987 - 2016
Abstract Honorary society for women students in the field of education.
Abstract Research and educational materials of activist and labor educator Roberta Till-Retz.
- Subject: Educators X
- Iowa Women's Archives 12
- University of Iowa Special Collections 3
- University of Iowa Archives 3
- State University of Iowa 3
- American College Testing Program 1
- American Educational Research Association 1
- American Historical Association. Commission on the Social Studies 1
- American Institute of Commerce 1
- American Psychological Association 1
- American Statistical Association 1
- Anderson, Margaret, 1928- 1
- Aurora Reading Club of Pittsburgh (Pa.) 1
- Bach, Marcus 1
- Bixler, Genevieve Knight 1
- Bowman, John G. 1
- Brewton, Frances 1
- Brown, Geraldine 1
- Burleson, Jane, 1928- 1
- Canada-United States Committee on Education 1
- Carson, Frances 1
- Columbia University. Teachers College. Speyer School 1
- Des Moines Tutoring Center 1
- Des Mond, Lucy 1
- Dobbs, Ella Victoria 1
- Dubuque Packing Company 1
- Educational Testing Service 1
- Ellsworth Community College (Iowa Falls, Iowa) 1
- Ellsworth family 1
- Ellsworth, Eugene 1
- Follon, Sue, 1942-1998 1
- Franklin Book Programs, inc. 1
- Frederick, John T. (John Towner), 1893-1975 1
- Furgerson, Betty Jean, 1927- 1
- Geadelmann, Patricia L. 1
- Harris, Gwendolene Barry 1
- Hawthorne, Frances E. 1
- Horn, Ernest 1
- Horn, Ernest, 1882-1967 1
- Iowa Civil Rights Commission 1
- Iowa Commission on the Status of African-Americans 1
- Iowa Commission on the Status of Women 1
- Iowa Cooperative Study of Post High School Education 1
- Iowa Department of Public Instruction 1
- Iowa Falls High School (Iowa Falls, Iowa) 1
- Iowa Federation of Labor, AFL-CIO 1
- Iowa School Masters' Walt Whitman Club 1
- Iowa Women's Political Caucus 1
- Iowa. Supreme Court 1
- Kemp, Alice M. 1
- Lake Mills High School (Lake Mills, Iowa) 1
- League of United Latin American Citizens. Council 10 (Davenport, Iowa) 1
- Marsh, Marjorie, 1913- 1
- Maxwell, Artice 1
- McBroom, Maude 1
- Mount Ararat Baptist Church (Pittsburgh, Pa.) 1
- National Association of Women Judges (U.S.) 1
- Neuman, Linda Kinney, 1948- 1
- Novick, Melvin R. 1
- Parker, Mary 1
- Paul, Dorothy, 1927- 1
- Peterson, Andrew 1
- Pi Lambda Theta 1
- Pi Lambda Theta. Theta Chapter (University of Iowa) 1
- Psychometric Society 1
- Rafferty, Max 1
- Ramirez, Merle, 1930-2016 1
- Snedaker, Mabel I. 1
- Spencer, Bessie 1
- Stout family 1
- Stout, Belle McLaughlin 1
- Stout, John 1
- Tétreault, Mary Ann, 1942- 1
- Thurston, Josie, 1892-1991 1
- Till-Retz, Roberta 1
- United Nations 1
- United Nations Association of the United States of America 1
- United Nations Association of the United States of America. Iowa Division 1
- United Nations Conference on Environment and Development (1992 : Rio de Janeiro, Brazil) 1
- United Nations Decade for Women Conference (1985 : Nairobi, Kenya) 1
- United States. Office of Naval Research 1
- University of Iowa 1
- University of Iowa University Elementary School 1
- University of Iowa. Center for Human Rights 1
- University of Iowa. Labor Center 1
- University of Northern Colorado 1
- Velázquez, Willie 1
- Virgil M. Hancher Auditorium 1
- Walls, Esther J., 1926- 1
- White, Maude Esther, 1913-2003 1
- Wilson, Paul 1
- Wood, Mary Elizabeth, 1902- 1
- World Conference on Women 1
- Wright, James C. 1
- Young Women's Christian Association of Buffalo (N.Y.) 1
- Young Women's Christian Association of Philadelphia (Pa.) 1
- Young Women's Christian Association of Pittsburgh (Pa.) 1
- Young Women's Christian Association of the U.S.A. 1 ∧ less