Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Abstract Correspondence, book manuscript, clippings, incomplete brochures, talent prices having to do with traveling Chautauquas.
Abstract Singer and radio-script editor from Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Atkinson performed in a song-and-dance act with her brothers Wallace and Cecil Reed from 1935 to 1944.
Abstract Teacher, decorated veteran nurse and pioneer in the field of nursing education, Bacon served as a captain in the U.S. Army Nurse Corps during World War II and participated in the invasion of Normandy.
Abstract The Guinn family moved to Iowa from Tennessee beginning in 1846 to settle near Belle Plaine. This collection includes legal documents, correspondence, a photograph, and a ledger book made up at the time of the sale of the estate of H. Guinn.
Abstract Lecturer, author and playwright who ran the Teel School of Expression in Davenport, 1918-1934 and was later a writer and editor for the Durant News.
Dates: 1902-1973; 1920-1960
Abstract Red Cross recreation aide who was stationed in Vietnam from July 1968 to October 1969.
Abstract Vaudeville, theater, and movie business. Clipping books, managers' report books, scrapbooks, business records, cash books, etc.
Abstract Commercial lecture bureau and booking agency for Chautauqua and lyceums throughout the United States and parts of Canada. Office files of the Redpath-Vawter Bureau of Cedar Rapids, IA, the Redpath-Chicago Bureau run by Harry P. Harrison and Charles Horner's Redpath Chautauquas. Included are: talent files consisting of correspondence, contracts, publicity brochures, and advertising flyers; business files including employee records; geographical location files with materials about cities and...
- Subject: Entertainers X
- University of Iowa Special Collections 5
- Iowa Women's Archives 4
- Blanchard, Ruth 2
- Blanchard, Thomas 2
- Horner, Charles F. (Charles Francis), 1878-1967 2
- Albee, Edward Franklin, 1857-1930 1
- Atkinson, Edith Reed, 1919-2000 1
- B.F. Keith (Firm) 1
- Bacon, Evelyn Crary, 1916-1997 1
- Blanchard, Tom 1
- Crary, Julia 1
- Guinn family 1
- Harling, George 1
- Harling, Icey Lenora Teel, 1878-1964 1
- Harling, Maurice 1
- Harrison, Harry P., 1878- 1
- Horner, Charles F. 1
- Keith, B. F. (Benjamin Franklin), 1846-1914 1
- Keith-Albee 1
- Krantz, Audrey Z. 1
- Krantz, C. L. 1
- Krantz, C. L., Mrs. 1
- Krantz, Zona A. 1
- MacLaren, Gay 1
- Ormond, Kathy, 1945- 1
- RKO Radio Pictures 1
- Red Cross Supplemental Recreational Activities Overseas Program 1
- Redpath Chautauqua Bureau 1
- Redpath Lyceum 1
- Redpath Lyceum Bureau 1
- Redpath Vawter Chautauquas 1
- Redpath, James, 1833-1891 1
- Redpath-Horner Chautauquas 1
- Reed, Cecil A. 1
- State University of Iowa. School of Nursing 1
- Teel School of Expression (Davenport, Iowa) 1
- United Booking Offices of America (Organization) 1
- United Chautauquas 1
- United States. Army Nurse Corps 1
- University of Virginia. School of Nursing 1
- Vawter, Keith, 1872-1937 1 ∧ less