Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 25
Collection — Multiple Containers
Abstract Iowa City chapter.
Abstract The Bowersox family settled in Johnson County, Iowa in approximately 1855. The papers include a family account book, school exams and teaching certificates.
Dates: 1861-2002; 1888-1945
Abstract Materials relate to the suit filed by 3 dental hygiene faculty members charging that the scheduled closing of the University of Iowa Dental Hygiene Program was discriminatory. Arrangement Appeal Documents, 1995-1996( Boxes 19-20) Background Information, 1985-1995 (Boxes 20-24, 27) Defendant Exhibits, 1995 ( Boxes 6-10) Formal Documents, 1991-1995 ( Boxes 1-3) Letters of Support, 1991-1995 (Boxes 25-26)...
Abstract Photographs, brochures, correspondence, financial papers, and brochures from several chautauquas.
Abstract Complete records of a pioneer law firm and several of its predecessors, including correspondence, account books, ledgers, cases, journals, and receipts.
Abstract A women's investment club organized to invest the assets of the partnership solely in stocks, bonds, and securities, for the education and benefit of the partners.
Abstract Correspondence, account books, reports, lists, attendance registers, minutes, rosters of officers, publicity material, programs, and financial records.
Dates: 1923 - 1958
Abstract Diaries of Edward E. Cook, journals and ledgers of the law firm of Cook & Dodge of Davenport, Iowa, and other business and legal papers.
Dates: 1841 - 1912; Majority of material found in 1860 - 1880
Abstract Founded in 1866 and dissolved in 1938, the Curtis Companies were a conglomerate of associated sash, door, and millwork companies that eventually consolidated into a single corporation. Includes correspondence, ledgers, journals, cashbooks, stockbooks, and minute books, with correspondence of U.S. Representative George M. Curtis.
Abstract Business records of a liquidated Davenport, Iowa, locomotive manufacturing company.
Abstract Correspondence to and from the Second Lieutenant.
Dates: 1862-1868; Majority of material found in 1862-1865
Abstract Women's organization to fund and assist programs that create opportunities for women and girls in Iowa.
Abstract Bacteriologist and assistant professor at the University of Iowa, 1940s to ca. 1960.
Abstract Iowa farm family. Correspondence and business papers of Joseph Black McDill, George R. McDill, and John Ronald.
Abstract The local chapter gives scholarships to students interested in construction careers, sponsors an annual golf outing and provides social networking opportunities for women who work in construction.
Abstract The club formed in 1915 near Manchester, Iowa for women to discuss aspects of rural, farm and family life.
Scope and Contents This collection is comprised of the financial documents and miscellaneous papers.
Dates: 1941-1965; 1950-1970
Abstract Poet (numerous books from Worn Earth, 1932), editor of the O. Henry Prize Stories, 1954-1959, director of the Iowa Writers' Workshop, 1941-1967, and co-founder and director of the International Writers' Program, 1967-1976 at the University of Iowa. Literary manuscripts, correspondence, subject files, and student works documenting his career as a writer and teacher.
Abstract Commercial lecture bureau and booking agency for Chautauqua and lyceums throughout the United States and parts of Canada. Office files of the Redpath-Vawter Bureau of Cedar Rapids, IA, the Redpath-Chicago Bureau run by Harry P. Harrison and Charles Horner's Redpath Chautauquas. Included are: talent files consisting of correspondence, contracts, publicity brochures, and advertising flyers; business files including employee records; geographical location files with materials about cities and...
- Subject: Financial records X
- Iowa Women's Archives 13
- University of Iowa Special Collections 12
- University of Iowa 3
- MacLaren, Gay 2
- Redpath Lyceum Bureau 2
- YWCA of Greater Des Moines 2
- American Business Women's Association. Grant Wood Chapter 1
- Backman, Carl 1
- Blair, Amos S. 1
- Blanchard, Ruth 1
- Blanchard, Thomas 1
- Bowersox family 1
- Bowersox, Dorothy LeVier 1
- Bowersox, Edna 1
- Bowersox, Elizabeth C. 1
- Bowersox, Fred 1
- Bowersox, Jan Erkert 1
- Bowersox, Lizzie E. 1
- Bowersox, Mary Margaret Shuey 1
- Bowersox, Thomas L. 1
- Brine, Pauline 1
- Bronson, Charles E. 1
- Camp Courageous of Iowa 1
- Carney, Lloyd 1
- Carney, Velma, 1907-2004 1
- Carr & Carr 1
- Carr and Carr 1
- Carr, Edward M. 1
- Carr, Hubert 1
- Cedar Investors (Cedar County, Iowa) 1
- Cedar Rapids Symphony Orchestra 1
- Child Development Club (Manchester, Iowa) 1
- Clark, Marion Jones, 1916-2011 1
- Coffee House Press 1
- Committee of Small Magazine Editors and Publishers (U.S.) 1
- Cook & Dodge 1
- Cook Family 1
- Cook family 1
- Cook, Edward E. 1
- Cook, Eliza A. 1
- Cook, John P. (John Parsons), 1817-1872 1
- Curtis Companies 1
- Curtis, George Martin, 1844-1921 1
- Davenport Besler Corportation 1
- Davenport Locomotive Works 1
- Davenport-Besler Corporation 1
- Des Moines BirthPlace 1
- Emergency Committee for German Protestantism, Inc. 1
- Engle family 1
- Engle, Paul 1
- Engle, Paul, 1908-1991 1
- Griffin, Ray B. 1
- Harrison, Harry P., 1878- 1
- Horner, Charles F. (Charles Francis), 1878-1967 1
- Hurless, Ruia Bowersox 1
- Iowa Women's Foundation 1
- Iowa Writers' Workshop 1
- LeRoy, Millard F. 1
- McDill Family 1
- National Association of Childbearing Centers (U.S.) 1
- National Association of Women in Construction 1
- National Association of Women in Construction. Cedar Rapids-Iowa City Chapter 1
- Neighborhood Social Club (Delaware County, Iowa) 1
- Newcomers Christian Fellowship 1
- Osborn family 1
- Osborn, Inez Smyth 1
- Osborn, Mary A. 1
- Osborn, Thomas F. 1
- Osborn, Wayland 1
- Pelton, Elizabeth 1
- Redpath Chautauqua Bureau 1
- Redpath Vawter Chautauquas 1
- Redpath, James, 1833-1891 1
- Redpath-Horner Chautauquas 1
- Shuey, Jacob 1
- State University of Iowa. Department of Bacteriology 1
- Strong, George W., approximately 1833- 1
- Thompson, Nancy 1
- Toothpaste Press 1
- Toothpaste/Coffee House Press 1
- Tuesday Nighters (Manchester, Iowa) 1
- United States. Army. Colored Infantry Regiment, 59th (1864-1866). Company H. 1
- United States. Army. Iowa Infantry Regiment, 20th (1862-1865). Company E 1
- United States. Army. Michigan Infantry Regiment, 15th (1862-1865). Company F. 1
- United States. Army. Tennessee Volunteers of African Descent Infantry Regiment, 1st (1863-1864) 1
- University of Iowa. College of Dentistry 1
- University of Iowa. Department of English 1
- University of Iowa. International Writing Program 1
- University of Wisconsin 1
- Vawter, Keith, 1872-1937 1
- Willing Workers Club (Fayette County, Iowa) 1
- Yessler, Alta Bowersox 1
- Young Women's Christian Association of the U.S.A. 1
- Young Women's Christian Association of the U.S.A.. Blue Triangle Branch 1 ∧ less