Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Abstract U.S. Senator from Iowa , and educator. Arranged in 9 series, the papers consist of subject files, casework files, issue statements, clippings, audio, visual, film and photographs during his term in office. Subjects of special concern to Clark range from Africa and international relations to agriculture and conservation, Democratic Party politics to the aged, and education to transportation.
Dates: 1973 - 1988; Majority of material found within 1973 - 1979-12
Found in: University of Iowa Special Collections
Abstract University of Iowa student, 1934-1940. Sterner documented UI cooperative dorms of this period. Photographs and notes.
Found in: University of Iowa Archives
Abstract Davenport community and civil rights activists during the 1960s.
Abstract The Cedar Rapids-Marion League of Women Voters (LWV) played an active part in the civic life of the greater Cedar Rapids area.ÃÂ ÃÂ During the period covered by this collection, the Cedar Rapids-Marion League of Women Voters focused on the problems of high school dropouts in the Cedar Rapids school system and the lack of affordable housing in the area.
Dates: 1937 - 2010
Scope and Contents The League of Women Voters of Sioux City records date from 1978 to 1993 and measure 2.5 linear inches. The bulk of the collection consists of newspaper clippings from the Sioux City Journal and the Des Moines Register chronicling local debates in the late 1970s about Sioux City's urban renewal and city government structure. Clippings on how other Iowa cities were handling these issues in their communities are included. The home rule...
Abstract Papers related to the social activism and career of librarian Lolly Eggers.
- Subject: Housing X
- Iowa Women's Archives 5
- University of Iowa Special Collections 1
- University of Iowa Archives 1
- Catholic Interracial Council (Davenport, Iowa) 1
- Chisholm, Shirley, 1924-2005 1
- Clark, Dick 1
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 1
- Eggers, Lolly, 1929- 1
- Iowa City Public Library (Iowa City, Iowa) 1
- Johnson County Council on the Status of Women (Iowa) 1
- Johnson County Women's Political Caucus (Iowa) 1
- League of Women Voters of Cedar Rapids-Marion 1
- League of Women Voters of Iowa 1
- League of Women Voters of Sioux City, Iowa 1
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People 1
- Schneiders, Jean, 1935- 1
- Schneiders, John L. 1
- Sterner, Everett E. 1
- United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission 1
- University of Iowa 1
- Womens International League for Peace and Freedom 1
- YWCA of Greater Des Moines 1
- Young Women's Christian Association of the U.S.A. 1
- Young Women's Christian Association of the U.S.A.. Blue Triangle Branch 1 ∧ less