Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Abstract Japanese American activist who, after being interned in a War Relocation Center during World War II, travelled extensively and was heavily involved in human and civil rights campaigns in Iowa City and beyond.
Dates: 1944-2012; Other: Date acquired: 2012-12-06
Abstract Teacher, social worker, human rights commission director, and university regent from Waterloo.
Abstract Iowa City peace activist and educator who was executive director of the UNA-USA Iowa Division from 1976 to 1996.
Abstract Human rights advocate from Burlington, Iowa who was active in local and international issues, particularly UNA-USA and the League of Women Voters.
Abstract Elected to the Iowa House of Representatives in 1982 and in 1986, she became the first woman Lieutenant Governor of Iowa.
Abstract University of Iowa professor of history and director of the UI Center for Human Rights.
Found in: University of Iowa Archives
Abstract 1996 University of Iowa task force with the goal of reviewing university policies and the campus climate and making recommendations for a more welcoming climate for LGBT individuals.
Dates: 1990-1999; 1996-1997
- Subject: Human rights X
- Iowa Women's Archives 6
- University of Iowa Archives 1
- United Nations Association of the United States of America 2
- University of Iowa 2
- University of Iowa. Center for Human Rights 2
- American Association for the United Nations 1
- Branstad, Terry E. 1
- Cmiel, Kenneth J. 1
- Costantino, A. Mori, 1924- 1
- Costantino, Anthony 1
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 1
- Furgerson, Betty Jean, 1927- 1
- Grinnell College 1
- Iowa City Human Relations Commission (Iowa City, Iowa) 1
- Iowa Civil Liberties Union 1
- Iowa Civil Rights Commission 1
- Iowa Commission on the Status of Women 1
- Iowa Health Systems Agency 1
- Iowa. General Assembly. House of Representatives 1
- League of Women Voters (U.S.) 1
- League of Women Voters of Iowa 1
- League of Women Voters of Johnson County, Iowa 1
- Love, Jean 1
- O'Dea, Suzanne, 1950- 1
- Paul, Dorothy, 1927- 1
- Rainbow Project Task Force (University of Iowa) 1
- Schramm, Dorothy 1
- United Nations 1
- United Nations Association of the United States of America. Iowa Division 1
- United Nations Conference on Environment and Development (1992 : Rio de Janeiro, Brazil) 1
- United Nations Decade for Women Conference (1985 : Nairobi, Kenya) 1
- University of Iowa. Department of History 1
- Womens International League for Peace and Freedom 1
- World Conference on Women 1
- Zimmerman, Jo Ann, 1936- 1 ∧ less