Showing Collections: 181 - 200 of 241
Scope and Contents The records of the University of Iowa Office of Equal Opportunity and Diversity (former the Office of Affirmative Action) are comprised of brochures, conference materials, correspondence, federal guidelines, magazine and newspaper clippings, official university assessments and reports, pamphlets, and training guides.The collection is divided into two subcategories: Records pertaining to LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender) issues, and records concerning African Americans, women and other...
Found in: University of Iowa Archives
Abstract Iowa City building. Legal documents, correspondence, financial records, etc. used in the battle to save Old Brick from destruction.
Abstract 15 interviews and associated materials document the entry of women into Iowa's law enforcement agencies.
Abstract Letters, diaries, genealogies, papers, and videocassette dealing with the Civil War, the Mormon move west, and World War II.
Dates: 1859-2000; 1864-1865
Abstract Feminist and physical educator who was a strong proponent of the ERA and Title IX.
Abstract Feminist, social worker, and advocate for persons with HIV/AIDS.
Abstract Poet (numerous books from Worn Earth, 1932), editor of the O. Henry Prize Stories, 1954-1959, director of the Iowa Writers' Workshop, 1941-1967, and co-founder and director of the International Writers' Program, 1967-1976 at the University of Iowa. Literary manuscripts, correspondence, subject files, and student works documenting his career as a writer and teacher.
Abstract Educator of hearing-impaired children and retired professor of Education at the University of Iowa.
Abstract Honorary society for women students in the field of education.
Abstract Organization to promote improvement of conditions and treatment for brain-related disorders.
Abstract The family came to Iowa City in 1905 when Henry Prentiss established the Anatomy Department at the State University of Iowa.
Abstract Art historian and Professor who settled in Florida where she organized and directed a wild bird hospital.
Dates: 1932-2007; 1932-1944
Overview Iowa City resident and artist. From the late 1970s to the late 1980s Courtney conducted a project titled Notes From All Over, which invited artists to send him found objects and printed matter. The collection consists of art works, correspondence, and related documentation dating from 1971-1995.
Abstract 1996 University of Iowa task force with the goal of reviewing university policies and the campus climate and making recommendations for a more welcoming climate for LGBT individuals.
Dates: 1990-1999; 1996-1997
Abstract Sexual abuse response and advocacy center established in in Iowa City in 1973 to serve located the University of Iowa community and surrounding counties.
Abstract The Reproductive Rights Coalition of Iowa City (RRCIC) formed in January 1989 in response to Operation Rescue's attempt to shut down a local abortion clinic.
Scope and Contents This collection includes Remington's speeches and research notes.
Found in: University of Iowa Archives
Abstract Iowa City Broadband Telecommunications Papers.
Dates: 1971-1982; 1978-1980
- Subject: Iowa City (Iowa) X
- Iowa Women's Archives 204
- University of Iowa Special Collections 20
- University of Iowa Archives 17
- University of Iowa 58
- State University of Iowa 41
- University of Iowa. Hospitals and Clinics 7
- University of Iowa. Libraries. Iowa Women's Archives 6
- State University of Iowa. Department of Home Economics 5
- University of Iowa. Women's Resource and Action Center 5
- City High School (Iowa City, Iowa) 4
- Emma Goldman Clinic 4
- Iowa Commission on the Status of Women 4
- University High School (Iowa City, Iowa) 4
- American Association of University Women 3
- Engle, Paul, 1908-1991 3
- Grinnell College 3
- Iowa Writers' Workshop 3
- Keene, Carolyn 3
- League of Women Voters of Iowa 3
- League of Women Voters of Johnson County, Iowa 3
- State University of Iowa. School of Nursing 3
- University of Iowa. College of Nursing 3
- University of Iowa. Department of Physical Education and Dance 3
- University of Iowa. Women's Studies Program 3
- University of Minnesota 3
- Wirt, Mildred A. (Mildred Augustine), 1905-2002 3
- American National Red Cross 2
- Association for Intercollegiate Athletics for Women 2
- Coe College 2
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 2
- Drake University 2
- Englert, Edna Rummelhart, 1902-2005 2
- Fox, Margaret, 1912-2010 2
- Glandorf, Gil 2
- Hemm, Joan, 1957- 2
- International Wives Club (Iowa City, Iowa) 2
- Iowa City Public Library (Iowa City, Iowa) 2
- Iowa City Women's Press 2
- Iowa. General Assembly. House of Representatives 2
- Iowa. General Assembly. Senate 2
- Jew, Jean Y. 2
- Keyes, Margaret N., 1918-2015 2
- League of Women Voters of Iowa City, Iowa 2
- Lemme, Helen 2
- Lloyd-Jones, Jean, 1929- 2
- Miller family 2
- Moore, Mary Ellen, 1919-1998 2
- Nancy Drew Conference (University of Iowa : 1993) 2
- Nineteenth Century Club (Iowa City, Iowa) 2
- Pennsylvania State University 2
- Planned Parenthood Federation of America 2
- Rape Victim Advocacy Program (Iowa City, Iowa) 2
- Smith, Mary Louise 2
- United Nations Association of the United States of America. Iowa Division 2
- United States. Naval Reserve. Women's Reserve 2
- United States. Navy 2
- University of Iowa. Action Studies Program 2
- University of Iowa. College of Dentistry 2
- University of Iowa. Department of English 2
- University of Iowa. Department of History 2
- University of Iowa. Department of Home Economics 2
- University of Iowa. Department of Physical Education for Women 2
- University of Iowa. Museum of Art 2
- University of Iowa. School of Art and Art History 2
- University of Iowa. School of Journalism 2
- University of Wisconsin 2
- Veterans Administration Hospital (Iowa City, Iowa) 2
- Weiss, Jane Alison 2
- Whitehead, Floy Eugenia, 1913-1998 2
- Women's Coffeehouse (Iowa City, Iowa) 2
- Womens International League for Peace and Freedom 2
- Yates-Glandorf, Janie B. 2
- Young Women's Christian Association (State University of Iowa) 2
- AIDS Coalition of Johnson County (Iowa) 1
- Afro-American Cultural Center (University of Iowa) 1
- Alan Guttmacher Institute 1
- Allen, Edwin Lee 1
- Alliance for the Mentally Ill 1
- American Association for Health, Physical Education, and Recreation 1
- American Association for the United Nations 1
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education 1
- American Association of Dental Schools 1
- American Association of University Professors 1
- American Association of University Women. Iowa City Branch 1
- American Basketball League 1
- American Business Women's Association. Grant Wood Chapter 1
- American Dental Association 1
- American Dental Hygienists' Association 1
- American Educational Research Association 1
- American Home Economics Association 1
- American Psychological Association 1
- Americans for Religious Liberty 1
- Anderson, Delvena, 1887-1973 1
- Anneberg, Dorothy Spencer 1
- Army Specialized Training Program (U.S.) 1
- Art Institute of Chicago 1
- Atalig, Angelica Lynn Rose 1
- Athens History Circle (Iowa City, Iowa) 1
- Athletic and Recreation Federation of College Women 1
- Atlantic High School (Atlantic, Iowa) 1
- Attlee, C. R. (Clement Richard), 1883-1967 1
- Attlee, Felicity 1
- Attlee, Martin 1 ∧ less