Showing Collections: 81 - 100 of 241
Abstract Landscape architect, author and photographer.
Abstract Diaries, genealogical records, account and ledger books, correspondence, and reminiscences of three generations. Includes descriptions of Iowa City and the surrounding area in the 19th century.
Found in: University of Iowa Special Collections
Abstract Teacher of nutrition education and dietetics; U. S. Army Second Lieutenant who served as a medical hospital dietician at Camp Gordon, Georgia during World War II.
Abstract Scrapbook featuring the professional and social life of an Iowa nurse in the 1920's.
Abstract The scrapbook and memory book describe her years as a Latin student at the State University of Iowa (now the University of Iowa).
Abstract Anamosa and Iowa City resident who worked for the The University of Iowa Hospital.
Dates: 1884-1996; 1905-1996
Abstract University of Iowa graduate and teacher whose papers include correspondence and scrapbook files relating to her work on a variety of social issues including gun control.
Abstract African American reading club formed in 1984 by University of Iowa graduate students.
Abstract Author and Professor Emeritus of Russian at the University of Iowa, who emmigrated to the United States after surviving the siege of Leningrad in 1941.
Dates: 1937-1996; 1960-1993
Scope and Contents The collection consists of three series: Correspondence, Publications, and Speeches and Articles. The Correspondence series is closed to research 30 years after date of creation. The Publications and Speeches/Articles series are open for research.
Abstract Research materials for her book, The View From 70: Women's Recollections and Reflections, published in 2004.
Dates: 1999-2007; 1999-2007
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of 19 series, reflecting the Institute's functions and activity. Folder or publication titles are listed in chronological order under each series heading.
Abstract Iowa City group promoting friendship and understanding among women from around the world and the United States of America.
Abstract A student of zoology at the University of Iowa from 1904-1909 who wrote home frequently to her parents in Dows, IA.
Abstract Includes manuscripts, galley proofs, page proofs, dust jackets, and other miscellany associated with publications of many Iowa Authors.
Found in: University of Iowa Special Collections
Collection — Folder: 1
Abstract The diaries of an Iowa City woman who supported herself as a seamstress prior to her marriage in 1896.
Abstract The Iowa City Area Christian Women's Club holds Friendship Bible Coffees and monthly luncheons. The ICCW formed in 1967 as an offshoot of Stonecroft Ministries.
Abstract Iowa City publisher and printer of lesbian and feminist books that existed from 1973 to 1985.
Scope and Contents The Records of the Iowa Writers' Workshop consist of thirteen series. Series I: Student Coursework, Student Coursework, consists of photocopies of students' works arranged by semester and class section within each semester. It is the largest series in the collection, dating from Fall 1965 to the present. Note that a few of the semesters are filed out of chronological sequence. Series II, Award Competitions, consists of writing entries from individuals vying for...
- Subject: Iowa City (Iowa) X
- Iowa Women's Archives 204
- University of Iowa Special Collections 20
- University of Iowa Archives 17
- University of Iowa 58
- State University of Iowa 41
- University of Iowa. Hospitals and Clinics 7
- University of Iowa. Libraries. Iowa Women's Archives 6
- State University of Iowa. Department of Home Economics 5
- University of Iowa. Women's Resource and Action Center 5
- City High School (Iowa City, Iowa) 4
- Emma Goldman Clinic 4
- Iowa Commission on the Status of Women 4
- University High School (Iowa City, Iowa) 4
- American Association of University Women 3
- Engle, Paul, 1908-1991 3
- Grinnell College 3
- Iowa Writers' Workshop 3
- Keene, Carolyn 3
- League of Women Voters of Iowa 3
- League of Women Voters of Johnson County, Iowa 3
- State University of Iowa. School of Nursing 3
- University of Iowa. College of Nursing 3
- University of Iowa. Department of Physical Education and Dance 3
- University of Iowa. Women's Studies Program 3
- University of Minnesota 3
- Wirt, Mildred A. (Mildred Augustine), 1905-2002 3
- American National Red Cross 2
- Association for Intercollegiate Athletics for Women 2
- Coe College 2
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 2
- Drake University 2
- Englert, Edna Rummelhart, 1902-2005 2
- Fox, Margaret, 1912-2010 2
- Glandorf, Gil 2
- Hemm, Joan, 1957- 2
- International Wives Club (Iowa City, Iowa) 2
- Iowa City Public Library (Iowa City, Iowa) 2
- Iowa City Women's Press 2
- Iowa. General Assembly. House of Representatives 2
- Iowa. General Assembly. Senate 2
- Jew, Jean Y. 2
- Keyes, Margaret N., 1918-2015 2
- League of Women Voters of Iowa City, Iowa 2
- Lemme, Helen 2
- Lloyd-Jones, Jean, 1929- 2
- Miller family 2
- Moore, Mary Ellen, 1919-1998 2
- Nancy Drew Conference (University of Iowa : 1993) 2
- Nineteenth Century Club (Iowa City, Iowa) 2
- Pennsylvania State University 2
- Planned Parenthood Federation of America 2
- Rape Victim Advocacy Program (Iowa City, Iowa) 2
- Smith, Mary Louise 2
- United Nations Association of the United States of America. Iowa Division 2
- United States. Naval Reserve. Women's Reserve 2
- United States. Navy 2
- University of Iowa. Action Studies Program 2
- University of Iowa. College of Dentistry 2
- University of Iowa. Department of English 2
- University of Iowa. Department of History 2
- University of Iowa. Department of Home Economics 2
- University of Iowa. Department of Physical Education for Women 2
- University of Iowa. Museum of Art 2
- University of Iowa. School of Art and Art History 2
- University of Iowa. School of Journalism 2
- University of Wisconsin 2
- Veterans Administration Hospital (Iowa City, Iowa) 2
- Weiss, Jane Alison 2
- Whitehead, Floy Eugenia, 1913-1998 2
- Women's Coffeehouse (Iowa City, Iowa) 2
- Womens International League for Peace and Freedom 2
- Yates-Glandorf, Janie B. 2
- Young Women's Christian Association (State University of Iowa) 2
- AIDS Coalition of Johnson County (Iowa) 1
- Afro-American Cultural Center (University of Iowa) 1
- Alan Guttmacher Institute 1
- Allen, Edwin Lee 1
- Alliance for the Mentally Ill 1
- American Association for Health, Physical Education, and Recreation 1
- American Association for the United Nations 1
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education 1
- American Association of Dental Schools 1
- American Association of University Professors 1
- American Association of University Women. Iowa City Branch 1
- American Basketball League 1
- American Business Women's Association. Grant Wood Chapter 1
- American Dental Association 1
- American Dental Hygienists' Association 1
- American Educational Research Association 1
- American Home Economics Association 1
- American Psychological Association 1
- Americans for Religious Liberty 1
- Anderson, Delvena, 1887-1973 1
- Anneberg, Dorothy Spencer 1
- Army Specialized Training Program (U.S.) 1
- Art Institute of Chicago 1
- Atalig, Angelica Lynn Rose 1
- Athens History Circle (Iowa City, Iowa) 1
- Athletic and Recreation Federation of College Women 1
- Atlantic High School (Atlantic, Iowa) 1
- Attlee, C. R. (Clement Richard), 1883-1967 1
- Attlee, Felicity 1
- Attlee, Martin 1 ∧ less