Showing Collections: 21 - 40 of 56
Abstract U.S. Representative from Iowa. Correspondence, speeches, and campaign material relating to his years in the Congress.
Abstract Lawyer, state legislator, and Governor of Iowa . Subject files, campaign files, correspondence, and clippings relating primarily to his 1914 bid for re-election.
Dates: 1904-1937; Majority of material found in 1913-1915
Abstract State senator and judge. Political correspondence, speeches, and scrapbooks.
Abstract Businessman and Iowa state senator. Subject files, correspondence, campaign material, legislation, and speeches documenting his legislative career.
Abstract Public affairs consultant. Subject files and correspondence relating to his activities inIowa politics, elections, and the Republican Party. Topics include annual legislative sessions, reapportionment, Iowans for Right to Work, and Iowa Good Roads Association.
Dates: 1947-1986; 1962-1976
Abstract State legislator and Perry, Iowa, newspaper publisher. Correspondence, poetry, diary, subject files, etc. relating to both his private and professional life. Includes items ranging from campaign advertising to his WWI supply officer's manual.
Abstract Iowa state legislator, banker, and farmer. Scrapbooks, speeches, and correspondence all relating to his service in the Iowa legislature.
Abstract Research for a biography that was never published, this collection consists of papers from Gillette as well as Stelck's research materials.
Abstract Governor and U.S. Senator from Iowa. Gubernatorial and senatorial office files relating to his political career.
Abstract Mason City, Iowa, chief of police, chairman of the Iowa Liquor Control Commission, and member of the Iowa House of Representatives. Correspondence, clippings, radio broadcast scripts, photographs, campaign material, and other papers.
Abstract Iowa Supreme Court Justice and Iowa state legislator. Subject files relating to his career in law and politics. Includes correspondence, legal cases, law school reunions, etc.
Dates: 1911-1971; 1958-1961;
Abstract Lawyer and U.S. Congressman, 1961-1965. Political and campaign related papers.
Dates: 1959 -1969
Abstract Attorney, U.S. Representative from Iowa, and Regional Legal Council for the International Cooperation Administration of the Middle East. Correspondence, speeches, and subject files relating to his career.
Dates: 1923-1962; 1940-1960
Abstract Iowa state legislator. Correspondence and subject files relating to his service in the Iowa house and senate. Issues range from abortion to apportionment, however Gallagher's primary interest were energy and conservation.
Abstract U.S. Representative and Senator from Iowa, member of the Interstate Commerce Commission, and judge. Diaries, memoirs, correspondence, speeches, and other material relating to his life and career.
Abstract U.S. Congressman and Senator from Iowa.
Abstract Lawyer in Burlington, Iowa and Iowa state senator. Correspondence and subject files relating to his legal and political careers and his military service in World War II.
Dates: 1923-1954; 1933-1936
Overview This collection is compiled of various documents of John Robert Hansen, Iowa politician.
Abstract U.S. Representative from Iowa. Correspondence, speeches, and scrapbooks relating to his political career.
Dates: 1939 - 1972
Abstract Governor and state representative from Iowa, federal official. Papers comprised primarily of speeches relating to civil defense; there are also correspondence files, clippings, and photographs regarding his governorship.
- Republican Party (Iowa) 23
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 12
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 9
- United States Postal Service 4
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 3
- Beck, Robert Knowlton, 1915- 2
- Iowa. Supreme Court 2
- Republican National Convention 2
- United States. Department of Agriculture 2
- United States. Interstate Commerce Commission 2
- Allen, Sewell E., 1913-1975 1
- Allison, William B. 1
- American Legion 1
- Biermann, Frederick Elliott 1
- Bogan, Gerald 1
- Branstad, Terry E. 1
- Breen, Edward J. 1
- Bromwell, James 1
- Butler, Guy G. 1
- Calhoun, John N. 1
- Campbell, Ed Hoyt 1
- Carter, Steven V. 1
- Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.) 1
- Clark, Dick 1
- Clarke, George 1
- Commerce and Industry Association of New York. 1
- Conlin, Roxanne Barton, 1944- 1
- Culver, John 1
- Culver, John C., 1932- 1
- Cunningham, Paul Harvey 1
- Curtis Companies 1
- Curtis, George Martin, 1844-1921 1
- Dawson, Albert Foster 1
- DeKoster, Lucas James 1
- Dickinson, Lester Jesse 1
- Dolliver, James I. 1
- Eicher, Edward Clayton, 1878-1944 1
- Elijah, Earl 1
- Frey, Thomas J. 1
- Gallagher, James V. 1
- Garrett, Harry Freeland 1
- Gilchrist, Fred Cramer, 1868-1950 1
- Gillette, Guy M. (Guy Mark), 1879-1973 1
- Goldwater, Barry M. (Barry Morris), 1909-1998 1
- Goodwin, Robert K. 1
- Grassley, Charles 1
- Gross, H. R. (Harold Royce), 1899-1987 1
- Harkin, Tom 1
- Herring, Clyde L. 1
- Hill, George R. 1
- Hill, Philip 1
- Hoegh, Leo A. 1
- Hoover Presidential Library Association 1
- Hughes, Harold E. 1
- Iowa Civil War Centennial Commission 1
- Iowa Commerce Commission 1
- Iowa Commission for the Blind 1
- Iowa Conservation Education Center 1
- Iowa Development Commission 1
- Iowa Energy Policy Council 1
- Iowa Farm Bureau Federation 1
- Iowa Good Roads Association 1
- Iowa Lieutenant Governor (1973-1978 : Neu) 1
- Iowa Liquor Control Commission 1
- Iowans Opposed to Unlimited Annual Sessions 1
- Iowans for Right to Work 1
- Jamestown Ter-centennial Exposition (1907) 1
- Jensen, Ben F. 1
- Jepsen, Roger W. 1
- Judd, William Nelson 1
- Kelly, E. Kevin 1
- Kenyon, William S. 1
- LeCompte, Karl 1
- Letts, Fred Dickinson 1
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 1
- Mayne, Wiley 1
- McDill, James W. 1
- McManus, Edward J. 1
- Missouri River Wildlife Association 1
- Mutual Affiliates Association 1
- National Council for Prevention of War (U.S.) 1
- National Farmers Organization (U.S.) 1
- National Farmers' Holiday Association (U.S.) 1
- Neu, Arthur A. 1
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994 1
- Pickett, Charles 1
- Ramseyer, Christian William 1
- Ray, Robert D., 1928- 1
- Republican Party (Iowa) State Convention 1
- Republican Party (Iowa). Central Committee 1
- Smith, Marvin W. 1
- Sokol, Howard W. 1
- Stelck, Del 1
- Stelk, William 1
- Tennessee Valley Authority 1
- Townsend National Recovery Plan, Inc. 1
- Trowbridge, Delbert L. 1
- Turner, Daniel Webster 1
- United Nations 1
- United States Commission on Civil Rights 1 ∧ less