Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 90
Abstract Interviews with Iowa women legislators conducted by Suzanne O'Dea Schenken.
Abstract U.S. Representative from Iowa and businessman. Speeches on various topics.
Abstract Iowa State senator, 1967-1972 and Lieutenant Governor of Iowa, 1973-1978. Subject files, correspondence, speeches, etc.
Abstract U.S. Representative from Iowa. Correspondence, subject files, legislative records, and speeches relating to his career in the Congress.
Abstract Iowa legislator from 1976 to 1990.
Abstract Congressional caseworker from 1967 until 2007.
Abstract Two-term Iowa state senator. Hannon chaired the Human Resources Committee and was instrumental in founding the Iowa Women's Foundation in Iowa City.
Abstract Member of the Iowa House of Representatives,1967 to 1969, and the Iowa Senate, 1969 to 1973.
Abstract U.S. Representative from Iowa and attorney. Subject files relating to his Congressional career. Includes campaign materials, and files on conservation, tariffs, pensions, and other subjects.
Abstract Attorney, Congressman, and U.S. Court of Claims commissioner from Iowa. Correspondence, clippings, court records and opinions, and speeches.
Dates: 1904-1943; Majority of material found in 1920-1940
Abstract Governor and U.S. Senator from Iowa. The papers primarily consist of political speeches and correspondence on topics ranging from neutrality to the Democratic conventions.
Dates: 1931-1942; Majority of material found in 1933-1937
Abstract Founded in 1866 and dissolved in 1938, the Curtis Companies were a conglomerate of associated sash, door, and millwork companies that eventually consolidated into a single corporation. Includes correspondence, ledgers, journals, cashbooks, stockbooks, and minute books, with correspondence of U.S. Representative George M. Curtis.
Abstract Governor of Iowa, 1931-1933. Correspondence, speeches, subject files, and clippings.
Abstract Iowa state legislator. Correspondence and subject files relating to legislative issues, Charles City and Iowa City, Iowa, and the Iowa Development Commission.
Abstract U.S. Senator from Iowa , and educator. Arranged in 9 series, the papers consist of subject files, casework files, issue statements, clippings, audio, visual, film and photographs during his term in office. Subjects of special concern to Clark range from Africa and international relations to agriculture and conservation, Democratic Party politics to the aged, and education to transportation.
Dates: 1973 - 1988; Majority of material found within 1973 - 1979-12
Abstract Republican who served in Iowa House of Representatives from 1980 to 1994.
Abstract Iowa state legislator. Correspondence and subject files document his career as a state representative and senator. He was especially interested in criminal justice.
Abstract Newton, Iowa teacher who later worked as an adminstrative assistant to James Cash Penney of J. C. Penney Company.
Abstract State senator, farmer, and bank president. Primarily speeches about agriculture, with newspaper clippings, campaign literature, and correspondence.
- Subject: Legislators X
- University of Iowa Special Collections 56
- Iowa Women's Archives 34
- Republican Party (Iowa) 32
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 18
- Iowa. General Assembly. House of Representatives 16
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 12
- Iowa. General Assembly. Senate 11
- O'Dea, Suzanne, 1950- 4
- United States Postal Service 4
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 3
- Iowa. General Assembly 3
- Allen, Sewell E., 1913-1975 2
- Beck, Robert Knowlton, 1915- 2
- Branstad, Terry E. 2
- Chapman, Kathleen Halloran, 1937- 2
- Clark, Betty Jean, 1920-2005 2
- Cohen, Gertrude, 1913- 2
- Conklin, Charlene, 1929- 2
- Doderer, Minnette, 1923-2005 2
- Gruhn, Josephine, 1927- 2
- Hammond, Johnie, 1932- 2
- Hannon, Beverly A., 1932- 2
- Harper, Patricia, 1932- 2
- Iowa Development Commission 2
- Iowa. Supreme Court 2
- Larsen, Sonja, 1941- 2
- Lipsky, Joan, 1919-2015 2
- Lloyd-Jones, Jean, 1929- 2
- Miller, Elizabeth R. (Elizabeth Ruby), 1905-1988 2
- Neuhauser, Mary C., 1934- 2
- Orr, Joann, 1923-2017 2
- Republican National Convention 2
- Shivvers, Vera, 1897-1990 2
- Torrence-Laughlin, Janis, 1926-2014 2
- United States. Department of Agriculture 2
- United States. Interstate Commerce Commission 2
- University of Iowa 2
- University of Iowa. College of Law 2
- Zastrow, Katherine Mull Falvey, 1904-1997 2
- Adams, Janet, 1937- 1
- Allen family 1
- Allen, George Eugene, 1887-1944 1
- Allen, Hilda Ellyson, 1988- 1
- Allen, Philip, 1915- 1
- Allison, William B. 1
- American Legion 1
- Anderson, Helen 1
- Baker, Hermione Georgette Allen, 1917- 1
- Baxter, Elaine, 1933- 1
- Beatty, Linda, 1942- 1
- Berg, Orville 1
- Biermann, Frederick Elliott 1
- Bloom, Amy 1
- Bock, Lena Belle, 1904-2007 1
- Bogan, Gerald 1
- Boyd, Nancy Shimanek, 1947- 1
- Brain family 1
- Brandt, Diane, 1938- 1
- Breen, Edward J. 1
- Bromwell, James 1
- Buhr, Florence, 1933- 1
- Burger, Betty M., 1920-2007 1
- Butler, Guy G. 1
- Calhoun, John N. 1
- Campbell, Ed Hoyt 1
- Carl, Janet, 1948- 1
- Carpenter, Dorothy, 1933- 1
- Carter, Steven V. 1
- Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.) 1
- Clark, Dick 1
- Clarke, George 1
- Commerce and Industry Association of New York. 1
- Conflict and Civility in Political Discourse Symposium (2011 : University of Iowa) 1
- Conlin, Roxanne Barton, 1944- 1
- Corning, Joy, 1932- 1
- Crabb, Helen M., 1916- 1
- Cubbedge, Robert 1
- Culver, John 1
- Culver, John C., 1932- 1
- Cummins, Albert Baird, 1850-1926 1
- Cunningham, Paul Harvey 1
- Curtis Companies 1
- Curtis, George Martin, 1844-1921 1
- Dawson, Albert Foster 1
- DeKoster, Lucas James 1
- Dickinson, Lester Jesse 1
- Dolliver, James I. 1
- Duitscher, Lucille Dreier, 1922- 1
- Duncan, Bob 1
- Eicher, Edward Clayton, 1878-1944 1
- Elijah, Earl 1
- Falvey, Lawrence A., 1901-1957 1
- Frey, Thomas J. 1
- Gallagher, James V. 1
- Garman, Teresa, 1937- 1
- Garrett, Harry Freeland 1
- Gentleman, Julia, 1931- 1
- Gilchrist, Fred Cramer, 1868-1950 1
- Gillette, Guy M. (Guy Mark), 1879-1973 1
- Goldwater, Barry M. (Barry Morris), 1909-1998 1
- Goodwin, Robert K. 1
- Grassley, Charles 1 ∧ less