Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Abstract Drafts of A Change and a Parting, a memoir of growing up in Amana in the 1930s.
Abstract Proprietor of the Prairie Press and printer. Correspondence, preliminary drafts, galleys and mock-ups for books printed by the Prairie Press, and related business records, advertising, etc.
Dates: 1927-1992; 1960-1965
Scope and Contents This collection contains notes, source materials, drafts and proofs for two non-fiction books: Bats. (1969) and Stranger in the Storm (Abelard-Schuman, 1972). Original title: Birds Flying High.
Dates: 1969 - 1972
Abstract Manuscripts and related materials for several of Mrs. Bradley's titles, including Electing a President (1963) and Sew It and Wear It (1966).
Scope and Contents There are no contents, the information for this collection has been moved to the Iowa Author’s Manuscript Collection, MsC0869.
Abstract Includes manuscripts, galley proofs, page proofs, dust jackets, and other miscellany associated with publications of many Iowa Authors.
Scope and Contents The Records of the Iowa Writers' Workshop consist of thirteen series. Series I: Student Coursework, Student Coursework, consists of photocopies of students' works arranged by semester and class section within each semester. It is the largest series in the collection, dating from Fall 1965 to the present. Note that a few of the semesters are filed out of chronological sequence. Series II, Award Competitions, consists of writing entries from individuals vying for...
Found in: University of Iowa Archives
Abstract Teacher and novelist. Author of Twyla (1973, 1976), a book for young adults. Three drafts, related correspondence.
Abstract Journalist and publisher. Managing editor of The Daily Iowan as a student, later wrote for newspapers including the New York Times and the Omaha World Herald. Collection consists of drafts for A Fellow of Infinite Jest (1946), a biography of Laurence Sterne, and his own autobiography, The Time of My Life.
Dates: 1946 and Undated
Abstract Private press founded and operated by Allan and Cinda Kornblum in Iowa City in 1970. Comprised of subject files, correspondence, financial records, etc. relating to the daily operations and literary output of the private press.
- Subject: Manuscripts for publication X
- University of Iowa Special Collections 9
- University of Iowa Archives 1
- Amana Society 1
- Bissell, Bess G., 1908-1970 1
- Bradley, Duane 1
- Brown, Lewis H. (Lewis Herold), 1894- 1
- Carlson, Esther Elizabeth 1
- Cassill, R. V. (Ronald Verlin), 1919-2002 1
- Clark, Glenn, 1882-1956 1
- Coffee House Press 1
- Colby, Anthony Owen 1
- Coleman, Carroll 1
- Committee of Small Magazine Editors and Publishers (U.S.) 1
- Conroy, Frank, 1936-2005 1
- Crary, Margaret 1
- Drake University 1
- Eastman, Harold Lloyd 1
- Elston, Hattie Phinnette, 1900- 1
- Engle, Paul, 1908-1991 1
- Iowa Author's 1
- Iowa Writers' Workshop 1
- Johns-Manville, Incorporated 1
- Leggett, John, 1917- 1
- May, Charles Paul 1
- Prairie Press 1
- Radio Corporation of America 1
- Rosheim, David L. 1
- Rowan, Edward Beatty, 1898-1946 1
- Saunders, William Irving 1
- Sheets, George M. 1
- Sheets, George Marsh, 1887-1974 1
- Simpson, Frank B. 1
- Smith, Grace Noll, 1878-1974 1
- Smith, Lewis Worthington, 1866-1947 1
- Starbuck, George, 1931- 1
- Toothpaste Press 1
- Toothpaste/Coffee House Press 1
- University of Iowa 1
- Ver Duft, Lee, 1910- 1
- Walker, Pamela 1
- Ward, Leo R. (Leo Richard), 1893- 1
- Yambura, Barbara S. 1
- Yambura, Barbara Selzer, 1917- 1
- Yoseloff, Thomas 1
- Yoseloff, Thomas, 1913-2007 1
- Zaffiras, George John, 1917- 1 ∧ less