Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Abstract Civil War soldier and railroad builder. Memoirs, correspondence, clippings, and reports relating to his service with the 4th Iowa Cavalry during the Civil War. Also includes reports and papers about the Battle of Brice's Crossroads.
Abstract Poet and editor. Books, manuscripts,clippings, correspondence.
Abstract Correspondence, speeches, articles, leaflets, clippings, scrapbooks and a sketchbook, mostly dealing with politics, conservation, or family affairs, assembled by newspaper cartoonist Ding Darling of The Des Moines Register. There are also some 6,000 original pen-and-ink cartoons drawn by Darling.
Dates: Majority of material found in 1897-1962
Abstract Consists of audio recordings, biographical information, correspondence, and materials relating to Mr. Van Dine's editorial positions with Much Ado and Upward. Also included in this collection are several manuscripts and typescripts of poems, essays, and short stories as well as Mr. Van Dine's memories of his time spent as an undergraduate at the State University of Iowa in the 1920s. Photographs, speeches.
- American Wildlife Institute 1
- Canan, Janine 1
- Darling, Jay N. 1
- Darling, Jay N. (Jay Norwood), 1876-1962 1
- General Wildlife Federation 1
- Iowa Natural Resources Council 1
- Izaak Walton League of America 1
- J.N. "Ding" Darling Foundation 1
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service 1
- United States Army. Iowa Cavalry Regiment, 4th (1861-1865), Company A 1
- University of Iowa 1
- Van Dine, Warren 1
- Van Dine, Warren L., 1902-1983 1
- Wildlife Society. Iowa Chapter 1
- Winslow, Edward Francis 1 ∧ less