Showing Collections: 1 - 16 of 16
Abstract A former resident of Cook's Point, Davenport, whose parents emigrated from Mexico to the United States in the early 1900s.
Abstract Mexican couple from the state of Guanajuato who settled permanently in Iowa in the 1910s.
Abstract Mexican immigrant to Iowa in the 1910s, member of the Cook's Point community in Davenport, and matriarch of a large family.
Abstract Family photographs taken in Iowa, Alabama, and Mexico.
Abstract The family came to Horton, Kansas, from Mexico in 1910 and moved to West Des Moines in 1941.
Abstract Mexican American whose family migrated to the U.S., and eventually to Iowa, in the early twentieth century.
Overview The members of Davenport LULAC Council 10 engaged in a wide range of social and political activities including annual fiestas, civil rights and fair housing.
Abstract Mexican American activists from Davenport, Iowa.
Abstract Maria Cano came to Iowa from Guanajuato, Mexico, with her parents in 1928. She established a Spanish language interpreter program at the University of Iowa Hospitals in 1975.
Abstract Factory worker who was among the first Latinas to be hired at the International Harvester Company Farmall plant in Rock Island, Illinois.
Abstract Sioux City business owner and political activist who emigrated to the United States from Mexico in 1978.
Abstract Native of Mexico who came to Fort Madison, Iowa in 1914. Her community activism centered on the Iowa State Penitentiary in Fort Madison.
Abstract Davenport area community activist and leader in its Mexican American community.
Abstract Davenport, Iowa, woman whose parents came to Iowa from Mexico in the 1910s.
Abstract Activist and administrator at the University of Iowa whose papers provide insight into Latino life and culture in Iowa and across the Midwest.
- Subject: Mexican American women X
- League of United Latin American Citizens 3
- League of United Latin American Citizens. Council 10 (Davenport, Iowa) 3
- Vargas, Henry, 1929- 2
- Adams family 1
- Adams, Monroe Milton 1
- Aguilera, Maria Mercedes, 1936-2013 1
- Barcelo family 1
- Barceló, Nancy V., 1946- 1
- Brown, Bill 1
- Brown, Harriet Connor, 1872- 1
- Brown, Maria Dean Foster, 1827-1929 1
- Cano family 1
- Chavez, Cesar, 1927-1993 1
- Daughters of the American Revolution 1
- Fillers, Freddie 1
- García, Inés, 1931-2009 1
- García, Teresa 1
- Gomez, Joseph 1
- Gomez, Luz Salazar, 1900-1956 1
- Gomez, Peter, 1900-1984 1
- Herrera family 1
- Herrera, Basilisa, 1899-2003 1
- Herrera, Primitivo, -1936 1
- Iowa Commission on Latino Affairs 1
- Lopez, Antonia, 1897- 1
- Lopez, Frederico, 1888- 1
- Lopez, Joan 1
- Lopez, Salvador, 1928- 1
- Martinez, Adella, 1929- 1
- Martínez, María Cano, 1925-1983 1
- Mason, Kären 1
- Midwest Gas (Company) 1
- Morado family 1
- Muscatine Migrant Committee 1
- O'Connor, Reverend William 1
- Olvera, Albert 1
- Olvera, Augustine 1
- Olvera, Mary Vásquez, 1927- 2016 1
- Rodriguez, Estefania Joyce, 1923-2008 1
- Rodriguez, Herman Glenn 1
- Rodriguez, Muggie Adams 1
- Rodriguez, Nestora Rivera 1
- Rodriguez, Norberto 1
- Rowlett, Adeline Adams 1
- Rundquist, Maria, 1951- 1
- Savala, Otilia Gomez, 1937- 1
- Terronez family 1
- Terronez, Felipe Bravo 1
- Terronez, Florence Vallejo, 1924- 1
- Terronez, Irene 1
- Terronez, John, 1938-1997 1
- Terronez, Mary, 1918-2009 1
- Terronez, Virginia 1
- University of Iowa 1
- University of Iowa. Hospitals and Clinics 1
- University of Minnesota 1
- University of Oregon 1
- University of Washington 1
- Vallejo family 1
- Vallejo, Julio R. 1
- Vallejo, Martina Morado 1
- Vargas, Alice 1
- Vargas, Lucy, 1930-2013 1
- Vasquez, Albert 1
- Webster College 1
- Werner, Harold, -1968 1
- Werner, Marta, 1906-1989 1 ∧ less