Showing Collections: 1 - 14 of 14
Abstract Transcripts of interviews with Sutherland Dows and W.M. Schneider concerning the history and operation of the CRANDIC Railway.
Dates: 1953 - 1973
Abstract Correspondence, book manuscript, clippings, incomplete brochures, talent prices having to do with traveling Chautauquas.
Abstract Agricultural journalist. Business correspondence, speeches, and subject files relating to agriculture and the Wallace family.
Abstract Speeches, articles, and correspondence of a judge of the Eight Circuit Court of Appeals.
Abstract Minister. Correspondence, sermons, and tax returns.
Abstract Includes manuscripts, galley proofs, page proofs, dust jackets, and other miscellany associated with publications of many Iowa Authors.
Abstract Novelist and story writer. Correspondence, subject files, biographical material, and preliminary drafts of his writings.
Abstract Insurance agent, poet, story writer, and lecturer on literature. Preliminary drafts of plays, poetry, an unpublished novel, and correspondence with writers of note.
Dates: 1911 - 1975
Abstract Scholar, writer and artist.
Abstract The Iowa Chapter of Chaparral Poets met twice yearly (fall and spring); they studied poetry, conducted a poetry contest and wrote poetry for submission to Midwest Chaparral magazine. The organization was formed in 1942 and disbanded in 2001.
Abstract Regional branch of the National Women's Studies Association.
Overview This collection is comprised of photographs, letters, paintings, and manuscripts of Ruth Suckow, family, and friends.
Dates: 1887 - 1988
Abstract Writer Three Miles Square (1939), environmentalist, and animal activist. Correspondence, subject files, scrapbooks, and preliminary drafts of writings.
Dates: 1920 - 1992
- Subject: Middle West X
- University of Iowa Special Collections 11
- Iowa Women's Archives 3
- American Farm Foundation 1
- Ballasch, Sandy 1
- Bergmann family 1
- Bergmann, Gustav, 1906-1987 1
- Bergmann, Leola Nelson, 1912-2011 1
- Bissell, Bess G., 1908-1970 1
- Brown, Lewis H. (Lewis Herold), 1894- 1
- Carlson, Esther Elizabeth 1
- Cassill, R. V. (Ronald Verlin), 1919-2002 1
- Cedar Rapids and Iowa City Railway Co. 1
- Clark, Glenn, 1882-1956 1
- Colby, Anthony Owen 1
- Corey, Paul 1
- Crary, Margaret 1
- Dow family 1
- Downing, J. Hyatt 1
- Dows, Sutherland 1
- Drake University 1
- Eastman, Harold Lloyd 1
- Elston, Hattie Phinnette, 1900- 1
- Hickok, Kathleen 1
- Horner, Charles F. 1
- Horner, Charles F. (Charles Francis), 1878-1967 1
- Hunting, Ema S. (Ema Suckow) 1
- Ibsen family 1
- Iowa Author's 1
- Iowa State University 1
- Johns-Manville, Incorporated 1
- Kissane, Leedice McAnelly 1
- Lay, Donald P., 1926-2007 1
- Lay, Donald Pomeroy 1
- Midwest Federation of Chaparral Poets 1
- Midwest Federation of Chaparral Poets. Iowa Chapter 1
- Midwest Women's Studies Association 1
- Midwest Women's Studies Association. Conference 1
- National Council of Farmer's Cooperative Marketing 1
- Nuhn, Ferner, 1903- 1
- Nuhn, Georgeanna Washburn DaFoe 1
- Radio Corporation of America 1
- Rosheim, David L. 1
- Rowan, Edward Beatty, 1898-1946 1
- Saunders, William Irving 1
- Sigmund, Jay 1
- Simpson, Frank B. 1
- Smith, Grace Noll, 1878-1974 1
- Smith, Lewis Worthington, 1866-1947 1
- St. Olaf Choir (St. Olaf College) 1
- St. Olaf College 1
- State University of Iowa 1
- Stucki, Frank Emmanuel 1
- Stucki, Frank Emmanuel, 1895-1961 1
- Suckow, Ruth 1
- Suckow, W. J. (William John), 1859-1939 1
- Suckow, W. J., Mrs. 1
- Sutherland, Dows 1
- United States. Circuit Court (8th Circuit) 1
- United States. Department of Agriculture 1
- United States. Federal Farm Board 1
- University of Iowa 1
- University of Iowa. School of Art and Art History 1
- Ver Duft, Lee, 1910- 1
- Wallace, Daniel A. 1
- Ward, Leo R. (Leo Richard), 1893- 1
- Yaddo (Artist's colony) 1
- Zaffiras, George John, 1917- 1 ∧ less