Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 37
Abstract Editor of the Malvern Leader. Personal and professional correspondence.
Abstract Editor of the Sioux City Journal. Primarily correspondence, with speeches, clippings, and a scrapbook on Abraham Lincoln.
Dates: 1913-1949; 1919-1930
Abstract Newspaperman in Columbus Junction, Iowa. Journals, correspondence, business records, and subject files relating to his life and career as the editor and publisher of the Columbus Gazette and as the publisher of the Iowa Union Farmer. Subject files include topics ranging from the Iowa Union Farmer to the Louisa County Fair.
Abstract Author, editor of The New Republic 1923-1953, and journalist. Typescript drafts, galleys, and page proofs for two books, Preview of Tomorrow and The World Changers.
Scope and Contents There are no contents, the information for this collection has been moved to the Iowa Author’s Manuscript Collection, Msc0869.
Abstract Publisher of miniature books in Newton, Iowa, founded by Charlotte and Thomas Smith. Correspondence, typescripts, proofs, advertising, contracts, etc., have been combined with Charlotte M. Smith's personal papers.
Abstract Editor and publisher of the Burlington Hawk-Eye, civic leader. Newspaper clippings, correspondence, speeches, etc., concerning the newspaper and the Burlington, IA area, with information on the Great River Road Project of the 1960s.
Dates: 1932-1965; 1950-1965
Abstract Journalist, diplomat, and public relations expert. Subject files, correspondence, diaries, scrapbooks, etc. relating to his varied career, from WWI intelligence officer to Chicago Tribune editor in Paris to consulate official to public relations director for Standard Oil.
Abstract Agricultural publication (1935-1962) edited by Charles J. Coe.
Dates: 1930-1990; 1930-1950
Abstract Account books, tax receipts, operating statements, advertising returns, other financial records.
Abstract Reporter and editor for The Cedar Rapids Gazette. Correspondence, subject files, and photographs relating to Nye's career with the Gazette. Includes information on Iowa politics and legislature, reapportionment, Herbert Hoover, and copies of articles written by Nye.
Abstract General manager of Associated Press. The scrapbooks contain photographs, speeches, press releases, and articles from his career with the Associated Press.
Abstract Editor with Better Homes and Gardens and The Ladies' Home Journal and author of biographies. Typescript of her Jenny Lind (1962).
Abstract State legislator and Perry, Iowa, newspaper publisher. Correspondence, poetry, diary, subject files, etc. relating to both his private and professional life. Includes items ranging from campaign advertising to his WWI supply officer's manual.
Abstract Editor of Wallaces' Farmer 1921-1933; Secretary of Agriculture, 1933-1940; Vice-President of the United States, 1941-1945; Secretary of Commerce, 1945-1946. Includes audio visual materials; clippings; an extensive collection of correspondence, including photocopies of the microfilm edition of the originals in the Library of Congress, Manuscript Division; government documents; personal papers; photographs; research materials, with an emphasis on agriculture, particularly corn, but including...
Abstract Second editor of Wallaces' Farmer; appointed U.S. Secretary of Agriculture by Warren Harding (1921-1924). Member of exec. committee of the Roosevelt Memorial Association and of the International Committee of Young Men's Christian Association. Arranged in broad subject categories. The correspondence arranged in chronological order.
Abstract First editor of Wallaces' Farmer. Arranged in broad subject categories and then in chronological order. Available on microfilm for use in repository, for interlibrary loan, and for purchase.
Abstract Lecturer, author and playwright who ran the Teel School of Expression in Davenport, 1918-1934 and was later a writer and editor for the Durant News.
Dates: 1902-1973; 1920-1960
Found in: Iowa Women's Archives
Abstract Magazine published by The Iowan, Inc., Shenandoah, Iowa. Correspondence, manuscripts, page proofs, layouts, advertising and business records, and photos.
Abstract Journalist and editor for the Des Moines Register. Correspondence, editorials, and subject files reflecting his professional career as a reporter, editor, and columnist for the Register.
- Subject: Newspaper editors X
- University of Iowa Special Collections 34
- Iowa Women's Archives 3
- University of Iowa 3
- American National Red Cross 2
- Republican Party (Iowa) 2
- Speidel Newspaper Syndicate 2
- United States. Department of Agriculture 2
- Adler, Philip 1
- Allen, Arthur Francis 1
- American Legion 1
- Angelou, Maya 1
- Associated Press 1
- Bahar, Ann 1
- Beck, Robert K. 1
- Bliven, Bruce 1
- Bliven, Bruce, 1889-1977 1
- Booth, T. E. 1
- Booth, Thomas Eyre, 1842-1927 1
- Bowen, Howard Rothmann, 1908- 1
- Bradstreet, Anne, 1612?-1672. 1
- Buck, Pearl S. (Pearl Sydenstricker), 1892-1973 1
- Capote, Truman, 1924-1984 1
- Carey, John W. 1
- Coe, Charles J. (Charles Joseph), 1908- 1
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 1
- Evans, Joseph E. 1
- Facts for Farmers 1
- Fairfield Daily Ledger 1
- Farm Research, Inc. 1
- Flansburg, James S. 1
- Gould, Bruce 1
- Grinnell College 1
- Hall, W. Earl 1
- Hancher, Virgil Melvin, 1896-1965 1
- Harling, George 1
- Harling, Icey Lenora Teel, 1878-1964 1
- Harling, Maurice 1
- Hawthorne, Nathaniel, 1804-1864 1
- Hollander, John 1
- Hoover Presidential Library Association 1
- Hoover, Herbert, 1874-1964 1
- Human Resources Research Organization 1
- Iowa Farmers Union 1
- Iowa Governor's Reapportionment Action Committee 1
- Iowa State Board of Regents 1
- Iowa State Safety Council 1
- Iowa. General Assembly 1
- Iowan 1
- Irving, Washington, 1783-1859 1
- Jarnagin, William C. 1
- Kinnick, Nile C. (Nile Clarke), 1918-1943 1
- Lee Enterprises 1
- Lennox Industries, Inc. 1
- Lewis Publishing Company 1
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 1
- Linograph Corporation 1
- Martini, Lorena 1
- Mikels family 1
- Mikels, Lyman 1
- Moeller, Dorothy 1
- Moeller, George Walter, -1932 1
- Moeller, Leslie George 1
- Moeller, Maggie Zetner, -1955 1
- Moody, Clarence W. 1
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations 1
- National Farmers' Union (U.S.) 1
- Nelson, Margaret 1
- Norris Jr., Paul G. 1
- Nye, Frank 1
- Oakville Iowa Sentinel 1
- Parsons College (Fairfield, Iowa) 1
- People to People Conference (1956: Washington, D.C.) 1
- Public Relations Society of America 1
- Radio Free Europe 1
- Republican National Convention 1
- Republican National Convention, 29th, Miami, Fla., 1968 1
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 1
- Reynolds, Conger 1
- Roberts family 1
- Roberts, Clyde L. 1
- Roberts, Clyde Leslie 1
- Roberts, Dora Belle 1
- Roosevelt Memorial Association 1
- Savin, Janet 1
- Shambaugh, Benjamin Franklin, 1871-1940 1
- Shearer, B.H. 1
- Shearer, Paul V. 1
- Shultz, Gladys Denny 1
- Singer, Isaac Bashevis, 1904-1991 1
- Smith, Charlotte M. 1
- Smith, Charlotte, 1749-1806 1
- Smith, Thomas R., 1909- 1
- Society for Technical Communication 1
- Speidel Newspapers Inc. 1
- Speidel, Merritt C. 1
- Standard Oil Company 1
- Starzell, Frank 1
- State University of Iowa 1
- Tamazunchale Press 1
- Teel School of Expression (Davenport, Iowa) 1
- Thorpe Publications (Des Moines, Iowa) 1
- Thorpe, Ray, -1961 1 ∧ less