Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 33
Abstract Editor of the Malvern Leader. Personal and professional correspondence.
Abstract Editor of the Sioux City Journal. Primarily correspondence, with speeches, clippings, and a scrapbook on Abraham Lincoln.
Dates: 1913-1949; 1919-1930
Abstract Newspaperman in Columbus Junction, Iowa. Journals, correspondence, business records, and subject files relating to his life and career as the editor and publisher of the Columbus Gazette and as the publisher of the Iowa Union Farmer. Subject files include topics ranging from the Iowa Union Farmer to the Louisa County Fair.
Abstract Author, editor of The New Republic 1923-1953, and journalist. Typescript drafts, galleys, and page proofs for two books, Preview of Tomorrow and The World Changers.
Scope and Contents There are no contents, the information for this collection has been moved to the Iowa Author’s Manuscript Collection, Msc0869.
Abstract Publisher of miniature books in Newton, Iowa, founded by Charlotte and Thomas Smith. Correspondence, typescripts, proofs, advertising, contracts, etc., have been combined with Charlotte M. Smith's personal papers.
Abstract Editor and publisher of the Burlington Hawk-Eye, civic leader. Newspaper clippings, correspondence, speeches, etc., concerning the newspaper and the Burlington, IA area, with information on the Great River Road Project of the 1960s.
Dates: 1932-1965; 1950-1965
Abstract Journalist, diplomat, and public relations expert. Subject files, correspondence, diaries, scrapbooks, etc. relating to his varied career, from WWI intelligence officer to Chicago Tribune editor in Paris to consulate official to public relations director for Standard Oil.
Abstract Agricultural publication (1935-1962) edited by Charles J. Coe.
Dates: 1930-1990; 1930-1950
Abstract Account books, tax receipts, operating statements, advertising returns, other financial records.
Abstract Reporter and editor for The Cedar Rapids Gazette. Correspondence, subject files, and photographs relating to Nye's career with the Gazette. Includes information on Iowa politics and legislature, reapportionment, Herbert Hoover, and copies of articles written by Nye.
Abstract General manager of Associated Press. The scrapbooks contain photographs, speeches, press releases, and articles from his career with the Associated Press.
Abstract Editor with Better Homes and Gardens and The Ladies' Home Journal and author of biographies. Typescript of her Jenny Lind (1962).
Abstract State legislator and Perry, Iowa, newspaper publisher. Correspondence, poetry, diary, subject files, etc. relating to both his private and professional life. Includes items ranging from campaign advertising to his WWI supply officer's manual.
Abstract Editor of Wallaces' Farmer 1921-1933; Secretary of Agriculture, 1933-1940; Vice-President of the United States, 1941-1945; Secretary of Commerce, 1945-1946. Includes audio visual materials; clippings; an extensive collection of correspondence, including photocopies of the microfilm edition of the originals in the Library of Congress, Manuscript Division; government documents; personal papers; photographs; research materials, with an emphasis on agriculture, particularly corn, but including...
Abstract Second editor of Wallaces' Farmer; appointed U.S. Secretary of Agriculture by Warren Harding (1921-1924). Member of exec. committee of the Roosevelt Memorial Association and of the International Committee of Young Men's Christian Association. Arranged in broad subject categories. The correspondence arranged in chronological order.
Abstract First editor of Wallaces' Farmer. Arranged in broad subject categories and then in chronological order. Available on microfilm for use in repository, for interlibrary loan, and for purchase.
Abstract Magazine published by The Iowan, Inc., Shenandoah, Iowa. Correspondence, manuscripts, page proofs, layouts, advertising and business records, and photos.
Abstract Journalist and editor for the Des Moines Register. Correspondence, editorials, and subject files reflecting his professional career as a reporter, editor, and columnist for the Register.
- Subject: Periodical editors X
- University of Iowa 3
- Republican Party (Iowa) 2
- Speidel Newspaper Syndicate 2
- United States. Department of Agriculture 2
- Adler, Philip 1
- Allen, Arthur Francis 1
- American Legion 1
- American National Red Cross 1
- Angelou, Maya 1
- Associated Press 1
- Bahar, Ann 1
- Beck, Robert K. 1
- Bliven, Bruce 1
- Bliven, Bruce, 1889-1977 1
- Booth, T. E. 1
- Booth, Thomas Eyre, 1842-1927 1
- Bowen, Howard Rothmann, 1908- 1
- Bradstreet, Anne, 1612?-1672. 1
- Buck, Pearl S. (Pearl Sydenstricker), 1892-1973 1
- Capote, Truman, 1924-1984 1
- Carey, John W. 1
- Coe, Charles J. (Charles Joseph), 1908- 1
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 1
- Evans, Joseph E. 1
- Facts for Farmers 1
- Fairfield Daily Ledger 1
- Farm Research, Inc. 1
- Flansburg, James S. 1
- Gould, Bruce 1
- Hall, W. Earl 1
- Hancher, Virgil Melvin, 1896-1965 1
- Hawthorne, Nathaniel, 1804-1864 1
- Hollander, John 1
- Hoover Presidential Library Association 1
- Hoover, Herbert, 1874-1964 1
- Iowa Farmers Union 1
- Iowa Governor's Reapportionment Action Committee 1
- Iowa State Board of Regents 1
- Iowa State Safety Council 1
- Iowa. General Assembly 1
- Iowan 1
- Irving, Washington, 1783-1859 1
- Jarnagin, William C. 1
- Lee Enterprises 1
- Lennox Industries, Inc. 1
- Lewis Publishing Company 1
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 1
- Linograph Corporation 1
- Moody, Clarence W. 1
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations 1
- National Farmers' Union (U.S.) 1
- Norris Jr., Paul G. 1
- Nye, Frank 1
- Oakville Iowa Sentinel 1
- Parsons College (Fairfield, Iowa) 1
- People to People Conference (1956: Washington, D.C.) 1
- Public Relations Society of America 1
- Radio Free Europe 1
- Republican National Convention 1
- Republican National Convention, 29th, Miami, Fla., 1968 1
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 1
- Reynolds, Conger 1
- Roosevelt Memorial Association 1
- Savin, Janet 1
- Shearer, B.H. 1
- Shearer, Paul V. 1
- Shultz, Gladys Denny 1
- Singer, Isaac Bashevis, 1904-1991 1
- Smith, Charlotte M. 1
- Smith, Charlotte, 1749-1806 1
- Smith, Thomas R., 1909- 1
- Speidel Newspapers Inc. 1
- Speidel, Merritt C. 1
- Standard Oil Company 1
- Starzell, Frank 1
- Tamazunchale Press 1
- United Methodist Church (U.S.) 1
- United Methodist Church (U.S.) Iowa Conference 1
- United Service Organizations (U.S.) 1
- United States Information Agency 1
- United States. Food Administration 1
- United States. Office of Private Cooperation 1
- University of Iowa. Department of English 1
- Updike, John 1
- Wallace, Henry A. (Henry Agard), 1888-1965 1
- Wallace, Henry Cantwell, 1866-1924 1
- Wallace, Henry, 1836-1916 1
- Warren, Robert Penn, 1905-1989 1
- Welty, Eudora, 1909-2001 1
- White, E. B. (Elwyn Brooks), 1899-1985 1
- Whitehead, Glenn E. 1
- Williams, Walter 1
- Wortman, Allen 1
- Young Men's Christian Associations of North America. International Committee 1 ∧ less