Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
Abstract 23 photographs of Doris Julian, Stephen Van Ophuigsen, Coleman Dowell, Jose Quintero and others; 16 photograph postcards including Gertrude Stein and Alice B. Toklas; 75 photographs of celebrities (lacking no. 18); several drafts and related correspondence for Gertrude Stein: An Epilogue.
Abstract Transcripts of interviews with Sutherland Dows and W.M. Schneider concerning the history and operation of the CRANDIC Railway.
Dates: 1953 - 1973
Abstract Committed to the production and dissemination of systems art, CAYC was established as a multidisciplinary workshop in August of 1968. A collection of large scale works (each about 22 x 34 inches) was assembled in 1972 by Jorge Glusberg, CAYC Director, as an edition of 10 that circulated as traveling exhibitions. Apparently including about 72 works in 1972, the collection grew over time and the Iowa collection now consists of 143 diazo prints and appears to be the only extant copy. The...
Abstract Holograph manuscripts of two of Frank Conroy's published books, Stop-time (1967) and Body & Soul (1993).
Abstract Includes manuscripts, galley proofs, page proofs, dust jackets, and other miscellany associated with publications of many Iowa Authors.
Abstract University of Iowa professor of history and director of the UI Center for Human Rights.
Found in: University of Iowa Archives
Abstract A number of literary manuscripts composed by Chinese writers were acquired for the East Asian collections over a long period of time. In 1991, a program was established to encourage further and continued growth in this area.
Abstract Collector and scholar. Chiefly correspondence assembled in preparing his A Study of the Midland Magazine: 1915-1933 (1973) and The Midland: a Venture in Literary Regionalism (1975).
Abstract Poet (numerous books from Worn Earth, 1932), editor of the O. Henry Prize Stories, 1954-1959, director of the Iowa Writers' Workshop, 1941-1967, and co-founder and director of the International Writers' Program, 1967-1976 at the University of Iowa. Literary manuscripts, correspondence, subject files, and student works documenting his career as a writer and teacher.
Abstract Photocopies of articles on conservation and bookbinding.
Dates: 1978 - 2000; 1981-1999
Abstract Photocopies of Thoreau notebooks held by the Pierpont Morgan Library; transcripts of the notebooks made in the 1930s. The collection was assembled by Robert F. Sayre in writing his book Thoreau and the American Indians (1977).
Abstract This small collection contains papers of the company started by Patrick T. Walsh. These are mostly photocopies and photostats, and include information on the Walsh Company, correspondence, and materials relating to their bid to build the Panama Canal.
- Subject: Photocopies X
- University of Iowa Special Collections 11
- University of Iowa Archives 1
- University of Iowa 3
- Bissell, Bess G., 1908-1970 1
- Brigham Young University 1
- Brown, Lewis H. (Lewis Herold), 1894- 1
- Carlson, Esther Elizabeth 1
- Cassill, R. V. (Ronald Verlin), 1919-2002 1
- Cedar Rapids and Iowa City Railway Co. 1
- Centro de Art y Comunicaci 1
- Centro de Arte y Comunicacia (Buenos Aires, Argentina) 1
- Chinese Writers 1
- Clark, Glenn, 1882-1956 1
- Cmiel, Kenneth J. 1
- Colby, Anthony Owen 1
- Conroy, Frank, 1936-2005 1
- Crary, Margaret 1
- Dow family 1
- Dows, Sutherland 1
- Drake University 1
- Eastman, Harold Lloyd 1
- Elston, Hattie Phinnette, 1900- 1
- Engle family 1
- Engle, Paul 1
- Engle, Paul, 1908-1991 1
- Espinosa, Robert 1
- Iowa Author's 1
- Iowa Writers' Workshop 1
- Johns-Manville, Incorporated 1
- Library of Congress 1
- Nie, Hualing, 1925- 1
- Radio Corporation of America 1
- Reigelman, Milton M., 1942- 1
- Reigelman, Milton Monroe 1
- Rosheim, David L. 1
- Rowan, Edward Beatty, 1898-1946 1
- Saunders, William Irving 1
- Sayre, Robert F. 1
- Simpson, Frank B. 1
- Smith, Grace Noll, 1878-1974 1
- Smith, Lewis Worthington, 1866-1947 1
- Sutherland, Dows 1
- Thoreau, Henry David, 1817-1862 1
- University of Iowa. Center for Human Rights 1
- University of Iowa. Department of English 1
- University of Iowa. Department of History 1
- University of Iowa. International Writing Program 1
- Van Vechten, Carl 1
- Van Vechten, Carl, 1880-1964 1
- Ver Duft, Lee, 1910- 1
- Walsh Construction Company 1
- Walsh, Patrick Thomas, 1855-1916 1
- Ward, Leo R. (Leo Richard), 1893- 1
- Zaffiras, George John, 1917- 1 ∧ less